1.    #1  
    To get the file email cody700 at gmail dot com
    For simple instructions with pictures, click here...

I created this thread, because there are several other threads about the subject. There has been so many posts regarding Threaded SMS and several versions, that the original thread is getting very difficult to follow:
    Threaded SMS from the 750v -- NOW WORKING ON THE 700wx!!!

I believe, this was created according to a discussion here:
    Palm Messaging app

Anyways, the latest release is Beta 4 of the original cab, many thanks to Cody and who ever else was involved in developing, sharing, etc., which is mentioned here:
    get the threaded sms app here...

Otherwise, use this thread for any issues, comments, suggestions, etc.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 03/18/2007 at 09:50 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Let me the first to congratulate CODY and all those who made the effort to get this working on the 700w/wx.

It was very simple to install (install, copy files, delete outook link, and soft reset).

The only issue I am having, so far, is that the left softkey does not say SMS. Actually, when I perform a soft reset, the left softkey stats SMS, during the time the hourglass is still displaying. Once the hourglass disappears, the left softkey now says Messaging. I use True Toolbar and tried to force to assign the left softkey to SMS when the SMS app is open, but it still does not stay. Is there any registry I can edit/fix to make the SMS stay on the left softkey?

The only other question I have is, will I have to re-install the threaded SMS cab if I ever have to perform a hard reset?

EDIT: I performed a hard reset and reapplied the SMS threaded hack and the left soft key is working properly. I know prior to having the problem, I used another threaded SMS program (required Net 2.0), which I assigned to the left soft key. It may have not applied properly, since I removed the app and applied the threaded SMS hack at a later point.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 03/24/2007 at 11:57 AM.
    i was trying to avoid more sms threads.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Yes, actually besides restoring a backup, the only way to uninstall this app is through a hard reset.

Did we really need this thread though?
  5.    #5  
    I don't know about you guys, but does it make sense to go to the end of the very last page of a thread, read a few posts, go back a page or 2, read a few posts, go back a page or 2, then you realise the threads maybe from an older cab? And then you wonder if people are installing the cab properly? LOL

I'm not sure about you guys, but I like to read from beginning to end, not end, middle, in between middle/end, go back to beginning, etc.

Older threads can be archived or even locked (I used to be a mod). If you don't want allot of SMS threads, archive it. It's that simple. Besides, the past original post is getting too long and hard to follow. Someone also states it's getting hard to parse. Many people ask for the cab. This post is NOW easy to follow and you can find out where, how to get the cab. Simple I think and I'm sure i'm not the only one.

If you want less SMS threads, archive the older ones, create 1 main one with instructions on how obtain the file and how to install the cab, which includes photos.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 03/18/2007 at 09:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    I think what we mean is that between cody's tutorial thread and the thread offering to send the app, we really needed another thread to link to them.

My 2 cents though...
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Last edited by Stihl; 03/18/2007 at 11:02 PM.
    Is anyone having a problem where when they send a txt someone receives it like 2 times every once in a while?
    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    Is anyone having a problem where when they send a txt someone receives it like 2 times every once in a while?
    this sounds like a sprint treo 700wx with software version 1.13.

if so run the sms patch from palms website. http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...SMS/index.html
    after i install beta 4 cab i lost alot of my sounds
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i was trying to avoid more sms threads.
    That was exactly my point in your earlier thread. It gets confusing when you have the basic installation and tutorial cluttered with the discussions.

There needs to be a single closed sticky with complete instructions (including your pics). That can also be in a FAQ. Another single thread should be for discussion.

Clearly I'm not alone in this opinion -- hence we have yet another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post

Otherwise, use this thread for any issues, comments, suggestions, etc.
    Why'd you start another thread when people can just use Cody's own thread for comments and reference if they have problems with the install?? That was the whole idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    That was exactly my point in your earlier thread. It gets confusing when you have the basic installation and tutorial cluttered with the discussions.

There needs to be a single closed sticky with complete instructions (including your pics). That can also be in a FAQ. Another single thread should be for discussion.

Clearly I'm not alone in this opinion -- hence we have yet another thread.
    Well someone need to get a mod to skicky something up to date then. this thread has the first line telling people where to get the app with a link. it just doesn't have the title "get it here" that would keep people from still looking/asking for it. i spent an hour writing the instructions with pics. i did the best i can.

i say move the instruction thread up to the sticky and maybe change the title to something that fits better.