Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Thanks a lot cody. Works perfectly but things I hope that were diff is, I lose going from emails to txt msgs with right/left arrow key. Messaging soft key changes to SMS.
    Big Thanks to Cody great work. Works flawlessly! Love it!
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Will the threaded sms app allow for you to write text messages longer than 160 characters and then automatically split it into multiple text messages or are you still restricted to manually writing multiple messages?
  4.    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by agreenbhm View Post
    Will the threaded sms app allow for you to write text messages longer than 160 characters and then automatically split it into multiple text messages ?
    yes
    All I have to say is WOW ... Cody you went above and beyond with this write up...

This install was extremely easy for me to do ... and I suck with computers (stick don't have a cool today theme) and I was able to set this thing up with no problems...

I hope everyone has this level of ease and enjoys this program .. Cody you have madr this 700WX bettter than my 700P ... and I used to be one of those on his high horse about Palm being the ultimate os.
    I have been having a problem with the threading hack or my phone that is resending old messages when I send a new one.

Example:
    I send person A a text.
    It could be hours later, but I send person B a text.
    When the person B gets the new text, my phone also resends the message I sent to Person A back to them again.

Is this a problem with the threading app or the phone? Does anyone know of a solution? I did a hard reset but I have not reinstalled the threading app because of this. Thanks.
  7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by aduc View Post
    I have been having a problem with the threading hack or my phone that is resending old messages when I send a new one.

Example:
    I send person A a text.
    It could be hours later, but I send person B a text.
    When the person B gets the new text, my phone also resends the message I sent to Person A back to them again.

Is this a problem with the threading app or the phone? Does anyone know of a solution? I did a hard reset but I have not reinstalled the threading app because of this. Thanks.
    I would try it again. 1 out of 100 people have some sort of a problem. many have over come there problem with a second try. follow the steps to a tee. if you have anything that doesn't fit in the instructions, post it here we will try and help.

the problems you are having aren't normal. works great and flawless for the majority of users.

cody
  8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by princealyy View Post
    All I have to say is WOW ... Cody you went above and beyond with this write up...

This install was extremely easy for me to do ... and I suck with computers (stick don't have a cool today theme) and I was able to set this thing up with no problems...

I hope everyone has this level of ease and enjoys this program .. Cody you have madr this 700WX bettter than my 700P ... and I used to be one of those on his high horse about Palm being the ultimate os.
    thanks, ut I didn't write the app. hannip did. the only thing I did was make it easily available for people to get and some instructions on how to install. the hrd part was done before me.

I am glad many are happy with the instructions and getting the app though.
  9.    #169  
    my gmail account shows 263 people received the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    I would try it again. 1 out of 100 people have some sort of a problem. many have over come there problem with a second try. follow the steps to a tee. if you have anything that doesn't fit in the instructions, post it here we will try and help.

the problems you are having aren't normal. works great and flawless for the majority of users.

cody
    I just reinstalled it, and we will see how it goes.
    One thing I did notice was the Resco File Explorer that I used seemed to have a slightly different setup. I still got the right things done, however I could not tap and hold to get a menu to pop up. I had to use the main menus, FWIW.
    got a question wondering if this has happened for anyone else, I installed the sms program without a glitch or I thought this morning I noticed all my email inboxes were empty.

Throughout the day I have been noticing that whenever my phone auto syncs to receive email it purges my inbox... (not into deleted folder either) I actually have to load my internet explorer to get the emal back.

Can anyone tell me if they have had this issue... I could try re-installing the sms program.
    btw I am writing this from my treo 700WX my 700P would never let me post anything on a message board.
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by princealyy View Post
    got a question wondering if this has happened for anyone else, I installed the sms program without a glitch or I thought this morning I noticed all my email inboxes were empty.

Throughout the day I have been noticing that whenever my phone auto syncs to receive email it purges my inbox... (not into deleted folder either) I actually have to load my internet explorer to get the emal back.

Can anyone tell me if they have had this issue... I could try re-installing the sms program.
    btw I am writing this from my treo 700WX my 700P would never let me post anything on a message board.
    is this a gmail account you are having troubles with. if so try adding a "recent:" (without the "") in front of your user name.

btw, I am posting this from my treo as well. lol.
    Thanks much, Cody =) Detail instructions helped a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    is this a gmail account you are having troubles with. if so try adding a "recent:" (without the "") in front of your user name.

btw, I am posting this from my treo as well. lol.
    Cody your a genius, it worked like a champ, one quick question WHY? lol, just want to know what caused it to happen. Was it due to the new threading msg?? (I had the email working perfectly before the hack)

Thanks again
    Thanks Cody...works great! I think I can even send mms from original app. I haven't confirmed receipt, but it did show 100% complete.
    cody, which file in the winrar file is the .cab file?
    hey cody thanks for the threaded sms install. it works great, but i had to uninstall due to memory issues, and since ive never used threaded sms im really not missing it. once i figure out my mem problems ill prolly give it another go
    So just to make sure. Will doing a hard reset set everything back to the way it was before installing this program? I'm ready to install, I just want to make sure it will be easy to get back to the old way if something doesn't work out quite right....
    Quote Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
    So just to make sure. Will doing a hard reset set everything back to the way it was before installing this program? I'm ready to install, I just want to make sure it will be easy to get back to the old way if something doesn't work out quite right....
    A hard reset will, in theory, set everything back to factory defaults. All of your installed software and data will be erased.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  20.    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericthered View Post

i first recommend a backup program for any pda user. spb backup has a free trial version that allows you to create up to 5 backup points.

what i would recommend people to do is create a backup point BEFORE installing. if they dont want the app after installing then do a HARD reset and restore from the backup file thay created. this will cover anything.
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast