Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 671
  1.    #141  
    ok, I will try to answer a few questions in one post. what I do in reguards to removing the extra files to save space... I put the install cab on my storage card and I move not copy the 13 files from the palm messaging folder to the windows folder. this will leave no extra files in the main memory.

    as far as the tmail.exe,gwes.exe and device.exe error?.... this has been discussed a few time before the threaded sms app was even available. I personally have only seen the gwes.exe error a few times. i'm not forsurem but I would say with people reporting the errors messages before the app was out, and with the 1000's of people using the app without any problems.... I wouldn't say thay are tied toghther. I would google the error messages, and or restore back to a time before you installed the app and try the install again. everyonce in a while installs go wrong.
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by 565Customz View Post
    actually the one message in inbox was takincare of by removing the check box under items to display. new threading puts an indicator on the today screen anyway....however this isn't a fix. just a curtain. I'd still like to know why that inbox shows a message.
    what about the zip? files
    in the first post at the bottom it talks about the extra inbox and message icons. check there for removing. also some have said the empting of sms and email messages can cause problems if not done. I guess this is one of them.

    I do belive that in this thread on maybe page 2, there is talk of using spb diary to remove the extra's messages. maybe that is an option.
  3. #143  
    Cody, might I say sir, you are AWESOME! This is a lot better then what came with the phone.
  4. #144  
    Is there something I'm doing wrong. I followed the instructions in cody's post on page 1. First, my transfer of the SMS App doesn't complete from my computer to the Treo, yet I can transfer tons of other programs just fine. Resco worked no problem, for example.
    Second, when Cody says to delete the messaging program files, I don't see them where he says there are.
    This is a brand new Verizon Treo 700wx.
    What am I doing wrong? I'm lost without threaded messaging since I'm use to it from my Treo 680. Is there some other threaded program I can purchase to accomplish this?
    Mike
  5. #145  
    Hey whats up guys, just a quick problem here that I havent seen anyone else with and was curious of an fix....I installed cab and sms works flawleslly...only downside is when using MMS, I try to send or recieve an MMS message, I keep getting an pop up saying

    Out of Memory
    Not enough memory to complete this opertaion. Please close some open windows and try again.

    BUT....this, resco explorer and memaid are the only proggys installed and they are closed out.

    Any thoughts?

    T-Mobile MDA USA
  6. #146  
    Awesome! Simply Awesome. Thank you for bringing my Palm experience back
  7. Vertig0's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    Hey whats up guys, just a quick problem here that I havent seen anyone else with and was curious of an fix....I installed cab and sms works flawleslly...only downside is when using MMS, I try to send or recieve an MMS message, I keep getting an pop up saying

    Out of Memory
    Not enough memory to complete this opertaion. Please close some open windows and try again.

    BUT....this, resco explorer and memaid are the only proggys installed and they are closed out.

    Any thoughts?

    T-Mobile MDA USA
    when that happen go to start>settings>system>memory>running programs... you might have a bunch of stuff running there like it happen to me. Try that next time hope it helps!
  8. Vertig0's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    #148  
    Thanks Coddy! I went with a hard rest and start over... no problems so far
  9. #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertig0 View Post
    when that happen go to start>settings>system>memory>running programs... you might have a bunch of stuff running there like it happen to me. Try that next time hope it helps!
    Not the problem, only 3 installed programs, and all closed, had just performed an hard reset to see if it would work before installing all apps again, and still same issue. About to hard reset again.
  10. #150  
    mine does the same thing as far as I know u can't send mms messages from these phones.

    cody, I did delete all messages before installing the app I looked at every messaging file in the registry I could find....still can't find a reasonn 4 it to say I have a new message. oh well I'm gonna do a rest and not change so much this time....cuz now it won't disconnect from the net. no biggy if I was always in evdo but imnot so it kills my phone in like 5 hours....and that's on standbye with a full charge.....

    jc
  11.    #151  
    this does not do mms. the mms part of this app will never work. for mms to sork on the treo you need a different app all together. maybe i need to edit the second post of this thread.
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeap View Post
    Is there something I'm doing wrong. I followed the instructions in cody's post on page 1. First, my transfer of the SMS App doesn't complete from my computer to the Treo, yet I can transfer tons of other programs just fine. Resco worked no problem, for example.
    Second, when Cody says to delete the messaging program files, I don't see them where he says there are.
    This is a brand new Verizon Treo 700wx.
    What am I doing wrong? I'm lost without threaded messaging since I'm use to it from my Treo 680. Is there some other threaded program I can purchase to accomplish this?
    Mike
    1. this should have nothing to do with the app. this is all active sync. your just moving things. it doesn't matter what it is. if your still having problems getting it on your phone try emailing it to yourself.

    2. where did i say to delete the "messaging program files". if your talking about the 13 files in the "palm messaging" folder located in your programs files, this you will not have until you install the threaded sms cab. and even then you will not need to delete them. if you choose to move instead of copy there will be no files left after install.
  13.    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    Hey whats up guys, just a quick problem here that I havent seen anyone else with and was curious of an fix....I installed cab and sms works flawleslly...only downside is when using MMS, I try to send or recieve an MMS message, I keep getting an pop up saying

    Out of Memory
    Not enough memory to complete this opertaion. Please close some open windows and try again.

    BUT....this, resco explorer and memaid are the only proggys installed and they are closed out.

    Any thoughts?

    T-Mobile MDA USA

    the mms part of the app will never work.
  14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by 565Customz View Post
    mine does the same thing as far as I know u can't send mms messages from these phones.

    cody, I did delete all messages before installing the app I looked at every messaging file in the registry I could find....still can't find a reasonn 4 it to say I have a new message. oh well I'm gonna do a rest and not change so much this time....cuz now it won't disconnect from the net. no biggy if I was always in evdo but imnot so it kills my phone in like 5 hours....and that's on standbye with a full charge.....

    jc
    give me 5 minutes and then check the bottom part of the first post of this thread.
    Last edited by codyppc; 04/06/2007 at 08:53 PM.
  15. #155  
    Cody! Wow! Thanks alot! This is awsome!
  16. #156  
    Hi, Cody!

    First of all, many thanx again for great job! And I have a question to you. Unfortunately, neither threaded, nor native SMS app at 700w does not support Russian text in the SMS. However, recently I got 750v, and it supports Russian! I have an idea to use sms files from 750v, but I have no clue how to do it. May be you can tell me what to do, and I will try it.

    Many thanx in advance.

    Best regards,

    V
  17. #157  
    Great app, maybe some day the windows Treos will get as easy to use as the Palm powered ones... Thanks
  18. #158  
    Thank You Cody,

    You are Awesome! Best App Ever!
  19. #159  
    thanks cody i got it to work
  20. #160  
    Thanks a lot cody. Works perfectly but things I hope that were diff is, I lose going from emails to txt msgs with right/left arrow key. Messaging soft key changes to SMS.
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions