Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by djchad View Post
    Okay, does not look like this is going to be a workable piece of software for the Motorola Q. I had to uninstal it. I cant get back to messaging... so looks like I will be restoring my back up from Sprite. I am glad I took the time to buy a backup/restore program. I learned my lesson with Vista! LOL

Anyway, I will see if the TrianglePowers (Blade2) apps works when it comes out. www.trianglepowers.com. I really like the Q; however I still wish Palm would develop a slim and lighter Treo-esk version of the PDA phone.

Thanks for taking the time to help CodyPPC. If you see anything that may help get this working, that would be great. For now, I dont think it was meant to be for the Moto Q.
    was it cause the left softkey was changed to sms and didnt allow any way to get to messaging? if so, i think the 3rd page of this thread i gave a link to the "left softkey hack" that you could delete the "keys 112" and have your messaging softkey back.

if not you could also try the "txtman" sms app. you can find it here . it requires net frame work which kind of slow down device i have used like the 6700 and the treo. some devices all ready come with this net frame work preinstalled. i would try the app without the net frame work first and then install it if you still need it.

blades app also required net frame work and had to be running in the background for incomming sms to go into the thread sms app. otherwise thay were just regular sms messages.

ps; i just went to blades site and seen he had an sms version for the q for ya as long as your not running the "MOL2 update". i cant post a link but it is called "SMS Threader (QVGA SmartPhone Edition) - 1.1"

good luck
    Last edited by codyppc; 03/25/2007 at 04:59 PM.
    there is deff a prob w/ beta4 sending multiple txts..ive hard resetted my phone 4 times trying the beta from 4 diff d/ls just to make sure the file wasnt corrupt.
    So if i said Hey the person would receive that 2-4 times.. fun stuff.. ne fixes?
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    there is deff a prob w/ beta4 sending multiple txts..ive hard resetted my phone 4 times trying the beta from 4 diff d/ls just to make sure the file wasnt corrupt.
    So if i said Hey the person would receive that 2-4 times.. fun stuff.. ne fixes?

1. what phone are you using?

2. what carrier are you sending it to?

3. have you tried send messages to another person on a different carrier?

if you have the sprint 700wx make sure you have downloaded the sms patch from palm.

my boss has a nextel and sms's his wife. he recieves two messages all the time. nextel has had problems recieving messages from other carriers.

i'm not saying that your the only 1 out of a 1000 or so that is having a problem. there maybe something wrong on your end. there maybe also something wrong on the other end.
    1-Treo 700wx
    2-Cingular verizon sprint etc
    3-yup
    I downloaded the patch..still no go

I have NO idea wats wrong.. Ive gone thru the steps 1000xs and still the same thing happens!! and i love this program so much!! What could it b? ne1 else have this problem or does ne1 have ne ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    1. what phone are you using?

2. what carrier are you sending it to?

3. have you tried send messages to another person on a different carrier?

if you have the sprint 700wx make sure you have downloaded the sms patch from palm.

my boss has a nextel and sms's his wife. he recieves two messages all the time. nextel has had problems recieving messages from other carriers.

i'm not saying that your the only 1 out of a 1000 or so that is having a problem. there maybe something wrong on your end. there maybe also something wrong on the other end.
    I actually have tried all the "threaders." This was sort of my last hope outside of waiting for the SMS Threader Lite 1.0 for the Q. The Sprint Q comes preloaded with the MOL2. So there is no getting around that.

I also found that the Palm Messaging app sends blank and odd texts out to people. They get jargon or blanks. So I was able to rescue my phone with a restore back to normaly. So no harm done here.

It just seems the Q is riddled with an issue Microsoft or Motorola did in the MOL2 ROM update. The latest Sprint update stablized the day to day use of the phone. So I am happy enough to not jump back to a treo just to get threaded texts (although it is tempting!!!!! LOL

Thanks for your time and help!

PS - It was not the left softkey. Leftsoft key on the home screen was still "start". While I was in a text session where the conversation was threaded... there was no way to exit the screen. So I assume there is a touch/exit button with in the app that I can not see. Which is why I was getting gwes.exe errors (which is the graphical sub system after some research). So it is probably not something I would recomend for the MotoQ users at this time... however if someone has an alterative... I AM ALL EARS!!!
    I just received my Treo last week. I finally broke down yesterday and downloaded and installed the threaded SMS cab and the Resco file explorer. The install was fairly painless, just followed the directions Cody provided. However, once I tried to use the program, things went downhill. I was not able to send messages to outside the Sprint system. I do not have anyone in the Sprint system to send test messages to. I was able to receive messages from my other phone account (T-Mobile) but not able to reply. I ended up doing a hard reset and will use the stock messaging until I can figure this out more.

Thanks Cody, It does look like a neat program.

FyrMdc
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyrmdc View Post
    I just received my Treo last week. I finally broke down yesterday and downloaded and installed the threaded SMS cab and the Resco file explorer. The install was fairly painless, just followed the directions Cody provided. However, once I tried to use the program, things went downhill. I was not able to send messages to outside the Sprint system. I do not have anyone in the Sprint system to send test messages to. I was able to receive messages from my other phone account (T-Mobile) but not able to reply. I ended up doing a hard reset and will use the stock messaging until I can figure this out more.

Thanks Cody, It does look like a neat program.

FyrMdc
    download the palm update and you'll b fine..http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...wxSMSpatch.cab
    u'll b able 2 send 2 ne1
    Your the best.

Personaly, this brings up two sides of the coin for me. On the plus side, it's nice to see how much talent there is outh there to get things like this going...

On the minus side, I can't believe that the talent out there HAS to do crap that is so intuitive that is should be standard on the phone to begin with.
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWise23 View Post
    Your the best.

Personaly, this brings up two sides of the coin for me. On the plus side, it's nice to see how much talent there is outh there to get things like this going...

On the minus side, I can't believe that the talent out there HAS to do crap that is so intuitive that is should be standard on the phone to begin with.
    i agree.
    Does anybody know how to get the mms function to work from the threaded messaging app...when i try to send a mms message from the threaded sms i get the following error.."not enough memory to complete this operation please close some windows and try agian...i have 19.89 mb storage mem and 36.18 mb program mem available
  11.    #91  
    no. i do belive this only worked on the tytn. there was no way to get it to work.

you can install the "mmshack from arcsoft to get mms on your 700wx. altho it still wont work in the threaded sms app. just through the regular mms app. does this make since.
    Thankyou so much this is amazing
    One small isse that I am having with this is the purge command. It doesn't seem to remove all my incoming messages, at times it only ungroups the conversations. Haven't tried a hard reset yet, it's possile something on my phone is stopping it from working correctly. Anyone else have a Purge all messages issue?
  14.    #94  
    I never have used the purge all function. i'm trying to give support for this here, but can't help with things I don't use.

hope fully others can give help here as well.

hint hint people. lol

cody
    Thanks Cody...installed it with your step-by-step instructions, and it was a flawless install. Seems to work GREAT on the few text threads I've initiated to test...thanks for your hard work on this.
    Chris
    Okay there is a HUGE problem w/ this sending multiple txts... not on just my phone either. I had a friend that lives 3 states away try it on his treo 700wx and it does the same. I dont know if you arent noticing it bc if i wasnt around my friends i wouldnt notice it either but it is sending multiple txts.. ie duplicate txt mssgs.
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    Okay there is a HUGE problem w/ this sending multiple txts... not on just my phone either. I had a friend that lives 3 states away try it on his treo 700wx and it does the same. I dont know if you arent noticing it bc if i wasnt around my friends i wouldnt notice it either but it is sending multiple txts.. ie duplicate txt mssgs.
    are you guys on sprint?
    are you guys on sprint?
    yea would that have sumthin 2 do w/ it?
  19.    #99  
    yes, you guys need to run the sms patch. http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...SMS/index.html
    yes, you guys need to run the sms patch. http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...SMS/index.html
    I ran it... i have no idea wat the problem is!!!
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast