Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Used Car KIng View Post
    Cody first of all thanks for all your help. I have a question when I enter a contact name from the today screen and hold down the center button and get my messaging choices and choose text message it brings me to the old text message app not the new threaded one and then when i send the message it gets stuck in the outbox. any suggestions?
    you know... after reading your post agian, it really sounds like you didn't get all the 13 files moved to the windows folder correctly. are you sure you enabled "show all files" like in step 6?

what you could do to check is... go to your windows folder with resco and see if you can find these files in the picture in step 7. thay need to have the date of 10/28 as well.

i think you should have 12 files with that date in your windows folder. try this or start all over and install agian. there were a few installs that people claimed didn't take the first time. dont know why.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Thanks codyppc so far so good will start txtin my people right now any tricks I should know once again THANK YOU Codyppc
    CodyPPC - Thanks for the amazing hack for the WX. Threaded SMS works great after follwing your directions to a T. Also, it was helpful to perform a soft reset afterwards. This fixed the problems people are having with the left softkey. Now it works perfectlly.
    Thanks Again

Robert
    Kyocera 6035 to Samsung I300 to Samsung I330 to Handspring Treo 600 to PalmOne Treo 650 to Palm Treo 700P to Palm Treo 700WX on Sprint
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Thanks for the instructions Cody. SMS works like it should now.
    yo i got it installed! props to cody! thanks a bunch!!
    follow the steps, it will work just fine!!

thanks cody!
    Just wanted to chime in here . Thanks Codyppc.

For those using your w/wx with Good Mobile Messaging / GoodLink, it does something so the Messaging application and the messaging shortcuts point back to the old outlook app.

So i take out the shortcut and just use the sms softkey for now. i can live with that.

A big bonus is that this threaded SMS app can actually search the goodlink contacts database. Which is pretty cool in of itself.
    Forum cleanup suggestion:
    1. Update the sticky on this topic with the pics Codyppc provided at the beginning of this thread
    2. Move all of the commentary to this thread
    3. Lock the sticky.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    Forum cleanup suggestion:
    1. Update the sticky on this topic with the pics Codyppc provided at the beginning of this thread
    2. Move all of the commentary to this thread
    3. Lock the sticky.
    my first sticky? i dont think it needs to go that far .

i just hope it stays on the first page long enough to keep people from starting new threads. i like organization. a mod could start merging these unnecessary post in with others, but then the posters dont know where they were moved to, so thay post agian. it's a lose lose situation.

leaving things where there are will still help many. that's all i was tring to do.

i think people need to learn to search more.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    my first sticky? i dont think it needs to go that far .
    Actually, I'm suggesting that your post with all of the pictures gets copied into the existing sticky on the topic. All of the comments in both threads should go into this thread. That way, the existing sticky is made complete and all of the conversation can reside outside of that locked sticky.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    Actually, I'm suggesting that your post with all of the pictures gets copied into the existing sticky on the topic. All of the comments in both threads should go into this thread. That way, the existing sticky is made complete and all of the conversation can reside outside of that locked sticky.
    I don't like that. you merge threads and the first post in this thread becomes the 167th post of that thread.

thanks for the though, but I say we just leave it as is. I give a link to this thread when thay get the app from me so as long as the pics or the first this thay see it is still productive.

cody
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Codyppc - This is great. I installed the update last night and it was flawless. Thanks again!!
  13.    #73  
    my gmail account shows 120 people recieved the app since 3/18. that's not quite 6 full days. wow.
    CodyPPC, will this work on the Moto Q?
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by djchad View Post
    CodyPPC, will this work on the Moto Q?
    it has worked on many other wm devices. i dont have a q so i dont know. i would say, backup using spb back up, sprite, or what ever, and give it a shot. just follow the instructions above. the pictures should look about the same.

one thing i know is that if your aku is 2.3 or greater then you should allready have the 13 files in the windows folder. i would say just follow the steps in the instructions and move all the 13 files like it says. if you allready have them there it's not going to hurt to replace them.

let me know if it works.
    Thanks! Cody just finished the install and it went just as smooth as your instructions.
    I installed the CAB and copied the files over. I didnt get an overwrite pop up (in Resco) so I assume they were not there. I am testing it out now as we speak... i have to find a few text buddies to send back and forth.

Only thing I have noticed so far is the back button backs completely out of the application. I done have a way to menu/close the "window" i am in... ie a threaded text view.

Is there a way around this? Can I add a "cancel message" or "close message" option? LOL
    OKay, I take it back... I am getting errors in gwes.exe now repeatedly. After that I cant get into the start menu, nothing... i have to soft reset to get the phone back. Everything on the phone is fine until I launch messaging again.

Suggestions?

I had read where some people fot it working on the Q; however I can not find any of those posts to see what issues people had and how they fixed them.
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by djchad View Post
    I installed the CAB and copied the files over. I didnt get an overwrite pop up (in Resco) so I assume they were not there. I am testing it out now as we speak... i have to find a few text buddies to send back and forth.

Only thing I have noticed so far is the back button backs completely out of the application. I done have a way to menu/close the "window" i am in... ie a threaded text view.

Is there a way around this? Can I add a "cancel message" or "close message" option? LOL
    you know i heard of this problem on another device as well. i think it was the tmobile mda. as far as i know there is no way around it. my brother has this mda and i think he was one of those with the problem. i think it will just take some figuring out how to use it for you to like. i know he does alot of smsing so he just lives with the bugs. good luck and good job.
    Okay, does not look like this is going to be a workable piece of software for the Motorola Q. I had to uninstal it. I cant get back to messaging... so looks like I will be restoring my back up from Sprite. I am glad I took the time to buy a backup/restore program. I learned my lesson with Vista! LOL

Anyway, I will see if the TrianglePowers (Blade2) apps works when it comes out. www.trianglepowers.com. I really like the Q; however I still wish Palm would develop a slim and lighter Treo-esk version of the PDA phone.

Thanks for taking the time to help CodyPPC. If you see anything that may help get this working, that would be great. For now, I dont think it was meant to be for the Moto Q.
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast