Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334 LastLast
  1. gib
    the exe file..the link that you posted
    Try the second mirror.

Download the file to your PC. Save it to your desktop. Then, connect your phone to the PC with the USB cord. Then double click the EXE file that you saved to your computer. It should install Resco on your phone. Then you can follow the steps in the first post.

And yes, this does work on WM5. I'm running it on my Treo, and have been ever since I got the phone (I think codyppc had the WM5 version back then, but I upgraded to WM6 when he updated the thread).
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    so I guess I'm a bit late on jumping on the treo threading train, but I just got my new cell phone today. I had the at&t treo a while back (until my ex took it when we split) and I just loved the threading feature. since then Ive gotten on the SERO plan and up until now was using the Q9c.

So now that I have my new wm5 700wx, I cant figure out how to get this crap to work. I have Resco working fine, but the treaded sms cab file wont install after I download it directly to my phone. I found version 4 and that one also didnt work. I normally have the time and energy to forum hunt for this type of stuff, but Ive got too much school work to worry about.

Should I work on wm6 instead?

If one of you guys could help me out thatd be faaannntastic!
    email me: matifany@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    I just installed the VZ WM 6 update. Unless I am missing something it doesn't have threaded SMS. Which threaded SMS application should I use?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas O View Post
    I just installed the VZ WM 6 update. Unless I am missing something it doesn't have threaded SMS. Which threaded SMS application should I use?
    I just updated to WM6 also & I used the second link which said it was the WM6 version of the SMS. I did not follow the WM5 instructions, I just installed the one that said it had an email hotkey. So what does that mean? did it reprogram one of my hardware buttons for me? do I need to remove poutlook from the startup folder?
    Well, I have done my upgrade to Windows Mobile 6 on my verizon 700wx and tried to reinstall the Threaded SMS program back on. Something is not working right for me.I am getting "cprog.exe is not a valid pocket PC application" & "tmail.exe is not a valid pocket PC application" I am going to have to do another hard reset. ANYONE WHO HAS DONE A REINSTALL OF THE SMS APP ON THEIR VERIZON TREO 700WX AFTER THEY UPDATED TO WM6 AND IT WORK PLEASE POST STEP BY STEP WHAT YOU DID.
    Quote Originally Posted by shamis01 View Post
    Well, I have done my upgrade to Windows Mobile 6 on my verizon 700wx and tried to reinstall the Threaded SMS program back on. Something is not working right for me.I am getting "cprog.exe is not a valid pocket PC application" & "tmail.exe is not a valid pocket PC application" I am going to have to do another hard reset. ANYONE WHO HAS DONE A REINSTALL OF THE SMS APP ON THEIR VERIZON TREO 700WX AFTER THEY UPDATED TO WM6 AND IT WORK PLEASE POST STEP BY STEP WHAT YOU DID.
    Are the instructions different for installing this app with the TREO 700wx running windows mobile 6?
    Quote Originally Posted by shamis01 View Post
    Are the instructions different for installing this app with the TREO 700wx running windows mobile 6?
    There is two cab files in that second link for WM6. Which one is the right one to use ????
    Quote Originally Posted by shredhead View Post
    I just updated to WM6 also & I used the second link which said it was the WM6 version of the SMS. I did not follow the WM5 instructions, I just installed the one that said it had an email hotkey. So what does that mean? did it reprogram one of my hardware buttons for me? do I need to remove poutlook from the startup folder?

I think it means that it will put a link in your left hot key menu "SMS". But for some reason I don't have one. When I extracted the two CAB files for the WM6 there was two. How did you know which one had the email hotkey?
    My touch keyboard obstructs message entry field

Is there a remedy?
    I have Alltel. I can't send SMS to VZW phones. Did you have this problem? If so waht did you do?

I had Ebag33's Rom loaded, Then loaded VZW 1.24 update neither one works with SMS to VZW phones. Flashed back to WM5 Alltel works. Any Ideas?
    I am having trouble finding the seperate links for the threaded SMS and the MMS apps for WM6.0

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    2 Questions:
    1. Is this working for my HTC TyTNII?
    2. am i loosing all my current messages?
    Last edited by Nand0l; 10/13/2008 at 06:23 AM.
    I cant get this to work with the WM6 update on VZW WX...I get the "cprog.exe is not a valid pocket PC application" & "tmail.exe is not a valid pocket PC application" as stated above - thoughts or fixes?
    Codyppc, your app is awesome!! I have one issue, and I think fr4nk1yn explained it best below:

"Each time a text comes in the phone gives notification for the text "Palm Messaging" and "Text Messaging".
    Turning off notifications on "Text Messaging" gets rid of the double sound and double popup but the text icon stays at the top until it's dismissed separately."

I keep getting double notifications as well. Is there anyway around this? Im using beta 5, and I used a 2008 Resco download.

Thanks!
    Anyone know the answer to my question above? or is anyone else experiencing the same issue?
    I tried spb diary, hard reset, deleting poutlook from start up, EVERYTHING! nothing gets rid of the double messages....Am I missing something with the beta 5? it sounds like beta 4 was a better hack?

Help! I really love this application!
    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart View Post
    I cant get this to work with the WM6 update on VZW WX...I get the "cprog.exe is not a valid pocket PC application" & "tmail.exe is not a valid pocket PC application" as stated above - thoughts or fixes?
    I'm experiencing this same problem. Any ideas? I used this hack flawlessly on WM5 for quite a long time, but just upgraded to WM6 on the same device. Did I miss a change that was noted elsewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaElAre View Post
    I'm experiencing this same problem. Any ideas? I used this hack flawlessly on WM5 for quite a long time, but just upgraded to WM6 on the same device. Did I miss a change that was noted elsewhere?

PeaElAre, did you experience the same problem I had about the double notifications and sometimes the text first arriving in the palm messaging before the hacked messaging, while you were using WM5? I'm using a 700wx from sprint.

If you didn't, then what did you do to fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPlennium View Post
    PeaElAre, did you experience the same problem I had about the double notifications and sometimes the text first arriving in the palm messaging before the hacked messaging, while you were using WM5? I'm using a 700wx from sprint.

If you didn't, then what did you do to fix it?
    i'm pretty sure that i didn't have that problem ever. but i used it for about a year and had all problems (i don't remember what they were) pretty well worked out within the first day or two of installation.