Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334 LastLast
    I discovered a very reliable threaded SMS client for Pocket PC Phone. It handles both square and rectangular displays. It has some good configuration options for the display and has an excellent popup notification functionality too.

http://www.pocket-sms.com

Downsides are that it only runs on WM 5.0 or better and the license needs to be activated.

Otherwise, a nice simple http://www.pocket-sms.com

Downsides are that it only runs on WM 5.0 or better and the license needs to be activated.

Otherwise, a nice simple application which is not so hot on graphics and presentation but has good functionality/setup opions.
    I discovered a very reliable threaded SMS client for Pocket PC Phone. It handles both square and rectangular displays. It has some good configuration options for the display and has an excellent popup notification functionality too.

http://www.pocket-sms.com

Otherwise, a nice simple application which is not so hot on graphics and presentation but has good functionality/setup opions.
    For those who wanted know if this application works with the new ROM update for Sprint Treo.

I have the new 1.15 ROM installed on my Sprint Treo 700wx and this threaded SMS program works with zero issues so far. Haven't used it a bunch but it works with SPB Phone Suite which is great (was worried about that).

For those who are worried about the application taking up memory. You can remove the install CAB file off your device to free up 5MB. I also removed the Resco install CAB file to free up even more. Both work fine without it on the device.

I will reply later with more results.
    Ive had this thing installed FOREVER and usually works great, except recently it stopped working? i always get the "cannot send, send now or later?" prompt.

I havent installed anything or change anything so i dont know what the hell is going on. I reinstalled the SMS sender prog and it works ONCE after that, but again stopped immediately after. Anybody else have the same problem. I checked and im still on SPRINT #777 network.

ACTUALLY, i jsut realized this is the PICTURES that dont send anymore, so it might not have anything to do with the threaded APP here. sorry.
    i need help i actualy no longer have a palm messeging file
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    UPDATED WITH WM6 VERSION
    update.... the mms option in this app will not work no matter what you do. since there has been so much confusion about this i have included a link to the mms app. this will not enable the mms on the threaded sms app. you will have a different mms option in your messaging. for a better understanding of this here is a link to ppcgeeks. thay have a nice site, but requires registering to see the downloads. please do not post questions reguarding the mms app here. post problems on there site. the only reason i am posting this here is to avoid mixing the two.
    I hate todo this in this thread, but the PPCGeeks is down right now. So, where else can I find the MMS fix and instructions for implementing it? Thanks.
    I am having a weird problem.

I installed the Threaded SMS the other day, and a few days later, I started getting a notification on my Today Screen that says I have 1 New Text message, but there are NO new messages. I deleted EVERYTHING. Even all of the deleted files, as well as the Outlook and all email messages. Any idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack24 View Post
    I am having the same problem. After I reset my unit i start getting all these old texts as well. They just keep coming in. Not sure if there is a fix for that but it's getting me to the point where i want to hard reset and go back to the old way just because of this.
    same problem here. Has there not been a fix for it?
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Palm V...Handspring Treo 180...Handspring Treo 300...Palm Treo 600...Palm Treo 650...Palm Treo 700p...Bye Bye palm , Hello wm5....Palm Treo 700wx...... 800w.
    The like that was posted for the newer models (I have a Mogul) worked straight out of the .cab! I didn't have to do any of the registry edits as posted. It works like a charm!!!
    Excellent Tutorial. Only problems i had were my own ignorance of even how to get a program on to my Treo 700wx. Managed to get through it though with a little coachng from Cody.Thanks so much.
    Ok so I had to sign up for these forums just to ask this question...

I installed this after much thought (not much of a customizer) and now I have a problem. Ever since installing this my clock is one hour ahead no matter what I do. Is there something with this that changes a clock file or something. Ive even hard reset and its fine, until I open texts then it goes ahead again. Any info is appreciated but Im about to throw this thing out a window. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Is there anyway to save the text messages on a THREADER apps from my TREO 700WX to my pc or storage card in readable format?
    i need to really really free up space...
    THANX SO MUCH

p.s. kinda send me a PM so i know

THANX again
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    I can't spel. sorry.

i'm trying.

you know.... ppcgeeks has a spell checker. how come we don't.

edit: hey, I just looked. I spell it right sometimes. lol
    speaking of spell checker....I like Hannips Threaded sms because of the look and the smileys but it lacks a spell checker...so I Flash No2Chem's(PPcGeeks) ROM version 5048, I have the threaded sms with the spell checker, but no smileys ... I didn't really look around the hard to find the answer, with everyone worried about MMS and all, mine seemed to work okay with Cody's and of course works great with NO2chems ROM...anyway...

Does anyone know if there is a threaded sms app. with both smileys, and a spell checker?
    SO, is it OK to install it on a storage card? CodyPPC said to install it to RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    hmm, you performed the cab install right? If you did where did you install? Device or Storage Card? If you install to Storage Card you will find it at \Storage Card\Program Files\Palm Messaging
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Great thread. Nice app and no issues so far. Thanks for all the work!
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    Hi all
    Have tried cody's threaded sms on my new samsung i780.
    It runs ok but the threads are in very small fonts which may it very difficult to read. The samsung has a 320x320 screen.
    Have tried to increase font size in settings>screen but it does not help.
    Any ideas anyone? thanks
    I have searched this thread for PhoneAlarm and did not find my answer. I have installed the Threaded SMS app and LOVE it. Everything works great. The only issue I have is that PhoneAlarm does not detect Unread E-Mails in Pocket Outlook. Missed Calls, Voicemails, and SMS are all fine, but it will not detect Unread E-Mails. My e-mail does not download automatically. I download them manually when I need them. But the number does not get updated. I have set it to look at the E-Mail account I want to monitor and set that E-Mail account as my default folder.

Is this a PA issue or a threaded app issue. If I detect e-mail automatically, will this issue be cured?
    hi. is there a big difference from windows mobile 5 to 6? sorry. I know nothing bout all of this. lol
    I was wondering if anyone could help me figuire this out. I can't return to the message/thread list screen (Inbox) after clicking on a message/thread to read a new message. I click the new message and have to go to the home screen and end the app with task manager and restart the app. to get back to the Inbox message list. No keys or screen tap etc. will return me to this, I use the back key which you would think would do this and it just minimizes the app and takes me back to the home screen. Anyone please help.
    Awesome APP... just wondering if anyone has a backup file they can send me before they installed this. It's for a Verizon wx700. I didn't back up my phone like a bonehead. This is just incase i need to go back i no longer want to use the threaded sms. Also what program to back it up. Would a hard reset set everything back to normal?

I got it, hard reset will get me back to normal but will have to reinstall everything i had since i didn't do a back up... so noobish
    Last edited by PlubPlub; 04/14/2008 at 02:42 PM. Reason: figured it out.
    700wx for the win