Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Has anyone installed the SMS Threaded app while using Exchange push email with their Treo? Based on a post I saw, it is recommended to delete all text messages in your inbox as well as all email. Text messages I don't mind, but I don't want to have to clear my inbox of emails.
    Wow codyppc you are one dedicated person. I never thought someone would spend a half an hour first thing in the morning to help out a handful of people. Especially when you have to answer the same questions over and over again when they are explained pretty well to begin with. I know its frustrating. (no offense to anyone asking questions, just showing my appreciation).

I must say I very much appreciate what you and others are doing for this community. I'm a noob to the treo and Windows Mobile, but I have learned a great deals worth from you and others on this forum (and the others out there). I only wish to one day contribute like you guys do. Keep it up!

by the way, you didn't answer my question about phonealarm though... haha jk.
    Quote Originally Posted by noochs View Post
    Has anyone installed the SMS Threaded app while using Exchange push email with their Treo? Based on a post I saw, it is recommended to delete all text messages in your inbox as well as all email. Text messages I don't mind, but I don't want to have to clear my inbox of emails.
    If you are using exchange push, you can delete all your emails and then re-sync. Everything should come right back.
    Quote Originally Posted by katiegm View Post
    Thanks for the detailed instructions Cody. Is there anyway to get rid of the SMS link that has hijacked my left hardkey button once I installed the Threaded SMS application? I use the New Menu for wm5 Application which uses that button and now it has disappeared. I don't need the shortcut to SMS and I really miss being able to quicjly open a new appointment or task or note. Any suggestions?
    Katie
    Katie,

This was a bear to figure out. I fixed mine by going into NewMenu and making changes. I'm not sure what exactly made it work right.

I changed the button to opt-send, reset and then returned it to the left soft-key. I also checked the "specify position box" and reset again.

Now when I press the left softkey entitled "New", I get both "SMS" and "Messaging" but the "SMS" option brings up the New Menu options I had before. One of my options was "SMS" and it does bring up the new Palm Messaging app to create a new text message. The "Messaging" option brings up the inbox.

I think the soft resets are critical. HTH
    Quote Originally Posted by rr4him View Post
    Yes I removed the files from program files/ palm messaging. I have a Sprint 700wx. I cleared my cache and also permanently deleted email from the deleted boxes in two Pop3 accounts on my device. I now have free in Main: Storage = 9.18 MB free and Program = 40.43 MB free.

Any thoughts anyone???
    r
    You did number #1 on the list of things I provided. Did you try #2-#5?

6. Update poutlook to have attachments stored on your card. This will not reduce memory now but will save you later.
    was the SMS Patch (Sprint fix) integrated into this beta 4 file? And if so by replacing all those files have we overwritten the sms patch if we installed it before? Just curious
    At first glance this is awsome. Excellent integration as well.

Thanks Cody.

Adding that Phone alarm does recognize the new text messages and alerts you.
    Bonus, when you send a message using this app you dont get that stupid confirmation message. Sweetness.
    Last edited by nyc_rock; 03/20/2007 at 02:39 PM.
    Ok so I found out my problem after a few hours of playing around. Basically what happened is I tried to install the cab file on my desktop and then copy it my device.

Do not do that...install the Palm Thread cab file directly to your pda as it is, and install the file from there.

Everything else works just as described and now i'm excited about this new app! I tend to make things complicated so that's what my problem was. Now..... time to learn some more new things!
    good job cody. i dont really understand why people have problems working with this because the directions are laid out perfectly. even in the earlier betas it was easy to install
    Does anybody know if this will work on a XV6700?
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by noochs View Post
    I use push email and have never deleted them before installing. I could see how deleteing sms messages before installing would help, but email? I don't know if that would make a difference. I didn't put the "delete all you answered sms messages" in the instructions cause I always delete mine anyway after I have read them (in the old app). I do plan on adding this to the first post.

I do know that from day one people had problems with un-answered sms message being left when installing.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitchblack98 View Post
    Wow codyppc you are one dedicated person. I never thought someone would spend a half an hour first thing in the morning to help out a handful of people. Especially when you have to answer the same questions over and over again when they are explained pretty well to begin with. I know its frustrating. (no offense to anyone asking questions, just showing my appreciation).

I must say I very much appreciate what you and others are doing for this community. I'm a noob to the treo and Windows Mobile, but I have learned a great deals worth from you and others on this forum (and the others out there). I only wish to one day contribute like you guys do. Keep it up!

by the way, you didn't answer my question about phonealarm though... haha jk.
    thank you for saying all that great stuff about me. I will send you your money later. lol. jk.

sorry for not answering earlier. I use this app with phonealarm everyday. the only problem is if I send a sms to my self pa show it as a voicemail. no other problems.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    Katie,

This was a bear to figure out. I fixed mine by going into NewMenu and making changes. I'm not sure what exactly made it work right.

I changed the button to opt-send, reset and then returned it to the left soft-key. I also checked the "specify position box" and reset again.

Now when I press the left softkey entitled "New", I get both "SMS" and "Messaging" but the "SMS" option brings up the New Menu options I had before. One of my options was "SMS" and it does bring up the new Palm Messaging app to create a new text message. The "Messaging" option brings up the inbox.

I think the soft resets are critical. HTH
    there is another way. before beta 4 of this app we manually changed this left key. it was known as "the left soft key hack". you could search for it on this site and find it, or on ppcgeeks.com. just deleteing the key "112" that the hack has you make would restore the original soft key. this hack has been added the the beta 4 so people don't have to do it manually. I will try to find the link later. if someone else finds it first, please post a link here for others.

thanks, cody
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpkore View Post
    was the SMS Patch (Sprint fix) integrated into this beta 4 file? And if so by replacing all those files have we overwritten the sms patch if we installed it before? Just curious
    no, you still have to run the 700wx sprint sms patch if you have software version 1.13. version 1.14 has it in the rom.
  15.    #55  
    here is a link to that thread on "the left sofkey hack". http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...d.php?t=127735

this was to create it. deleteing the key that this thread has you create will bring it back to the original.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    here is a link to that thread on "the left sofkey hack". http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...d.php?t=127735

this was to create it. deleteing the key that this thread has you create will bring it back to the original.
    Funny. After all of the things I did with NewMenu, my system looks the same as it would if I'd manually hacked it. The HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112\ entries were built for me and correctly defined to point to the app:
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    does anyone use it with the verizon treo 700w
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    Funny. After all of the things I did with NewMenu, my system looks the same as it would if I'd manually hacked it. The HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112\ entries were built for me and correctly defined to point to the app:

new menu uses the same part of the registry to edit it's key as the sms app. you can put any app there and call it what you want.

this link is more for those that would just want it back to the original.

all you had to do was reinstall "new menu". it then would have changed "keys/ 122"
    Last edited by codyppc; 03/20/2007 at 07:35 PM.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by germster View Post
    does anyone use it with the verizon treo 700w
    probably close to 1000 treo central users. before version wx release the w made up a little more than half of us here.

the only thing with the w is the size. you need to have room to install the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    have you deleted the "poutlook"?
    yes i have deleted it.
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast