Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    You have to install spb diary because unfortunately thats the only way you will see those type of messages in order to clear them. I had the same issue when I had first installed this. I had to re-install the entire app. I would say that the most important steps are to clear ALL text messages in every folder as well as emails & make sure to delete poutlook file before installing the app. Trust me, after that, everything will run very smoothly.
    After numerous tries with mixed results, I finally got the whole thing to work flawlessly on my 700wx, including the default Verizon MMS, which works great with pictures or video, all of the correct notifications, and the arrow keys work to switch between only Outlook email and MMS.

It required a hard reset, and then as Ya Boi D suggests, with no texts or emails FIRST deleting the file 'poutlook' and THEN immediately installing Cody's threaded cab, which at the conclusion of the install asked for a restart.

Perfect! Thanks Cody! Perhaps the revision to your first post you were contemplating after Ya Boi D's insights might be appropriate
    HI all,

has anyone tried this with the HCT Tilt? I have Codyppc's app installed and I did right after a hard reset but I didn't delete the poutlook file. I can't get the MMS to work. Will doing a new hard reset and deleting this file correct the problem?

thanks
    billf.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I was purging some of my older text messages and the paln SMS locked up so I did a soft reset. seems as if it has now hosed my sms messaging... when I try to run it I get the spinning hourglass then it goes away and doesn't load. I've tried re-installing but I can't get it to overwrite the ROM files. I am using Rescoe and following the tutorial. i'm mobile now so I didn't search too much. anyone know what could be th problem?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by fergusonwilliam View Post
    HI all,

has anyone tried this with the HCT Tilt? I have Codyppc's app installed and I did right after a hard reset but I didn't delete the poutlook file. I can't get the MMS to work. Will doing a new hard reset and deleting this file correct the problem?

thanks
    billf.
    You shouldn't be using this version. Use the one in the forums at wmexperts.com under the Mogul section. Keep in mind that version has settings for Sprint just like the version from this thread is. You will want to change them to ATT to get MMS working. I don't have ATT, so I can't advise you of the settings. Google for the settings and you should find them.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  5.    #565  
    plus everyones mms should still work just not from WITHIN the threaded sms app it self.

if you go to your pictures, and try to send a mms it will work. or from the camara app. even the messaging app (not the threaded sms app but the normal one).

i do belive even from your contacts you can select a person, tap and hold over there name and then choose to send mms.

lots of different ways just not from within the threaded sms app it self.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    I recently got a 700w. (which i am now kicking myself for not getting a wx) anyway... I did a hard reset. Followed the instructions as stated line for line, and for some reason when I try to send a picture i get an "Out of Memory" Error. Can this be fixed?
    Thanks codyppc and others who have put all this together. I now have an Alltel Treo 700wx that I can send an MMS message from and have threaded sms at the same time. Job well done. I haven't touched a ppc in years, although I've always used some sort of pda for almost 10 years now. My last phone was a Treo 650, and I was really gonna miss threaded sms, but not anymore. Now I have to just have to get used to using this OS again. The last ppc I used was a HP 1910 for about a week many, many years ago. Anyway....rambling...

Thanks so much guys!!!
    Instantwill, almost as good as fresh brewed!
    My smartphone's not so smart...
    Moto ST7790I>>Moto T720>>Moto v265>>Moto v710>> Moto e815>>Moto e816(Alltel 05.05.03 Flash)
    Handspring Visor Edge>>Palm Zire 71>> Palm Zire 72>> Palm Treo 650>> Treo 700wx (with threaded sms & mms)>> Treo 700p>> Treo 755p
    maybe someone can someday take a look at ripping the mms apps from a Verizon or similar 650 or 700 and making it work on a Alltel, Bell or any other PalmOS Treo that didn't ship with it.
    Moto ST7790I>>Moto T720>>Moto v265>>Moto v710>> Moto e815>>Moto e816(Alltel 05.05.03 Flash)
    Handspring Visor Edge>>Palm Zire 71>> Palm Zire 72>> Palm Treo 650>> Treo 700wx (with threaded sms & mms)>> Treo 700p>> Treo 755p
    Hi All,

I am still tring to get this work with my AT&T Tilt and not loose MMS. I did a hard reset and started with a clean install. I didn't install any or AT&T add ons.

First I ran a test MMS. it worked
    I then installed WM6_Threaded
    I install Resco file explorer.
    I am unable to deletd "poutlook" file, it says it;'s in ROM and can't be deleted.
    I found a program that claims to unlock the ROM and I was still not able to delete it.
    I also can't the "programs / palm messaging? dir.
    When I try and send a MMS it goes the messaging screen where setup new e-maill asccounts.

What am i doing wrong?

thanks
    billf.
    I have the Sch-i760. I am trying to get the SMS Threaded to work woth the standard MMS.

So i deleted the poutlook file
    installed the cody verison WM6

What else am i missing? Do i need to check the MMS url in the SMS program?
    my Treo 700wx, I now have two entries on the left soft key. SMS and Messages. There are settings for MMS in the SMS menu, but I didn't really mess with those. Everything works fine.
    Just making sure no more registry editing? I remember doing this during like the first 3-4 beta versions, and now I just a new phone with wm6 and I want to make sure I am doing it correct still.
    I just installed the apps. Workd great. No problems at all. Do you have anything about sending MMS without racking up data usage charghes? i am on verizon, and if i enable my network settings to send MMS, then the phone satys connected and some apps run in the background and slowly build up data usage time. This works so well, it thought I woiuld ask to see about the MMS.
    I have had SMS Threader working for awhile now and just wanted to say Thank you! It's awesome!

However when I downloaded it a few months ago I didn't notice the instructions to delete poutlook. What I wanted to know, was if I deleted poutlook would it also delete my setup email accounts? I have never really run into a problem until I downloaded PointUI's new shell. For some reason it's defaulting to the old text messaging and I'm trying to get rid of it. So that it doesn't even exist on my phone.

So I am wondering if I delete poutlook will that solve my problems? And by deleting poutlook will that also delete my email accounts? Just wondering because some of my settings are IT related with my job and will have to ask for them again...
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I didn't read through all 29 pages of replies but for some reason the plugin on the today screen doesn't always update with a new sms. what would cause this?

Thanks.
    whew after reading 576 messages, my eyes hve gone blurry. However I have a question that I dont think is answered. page 3 talks about re-assigning the left soft button. I want the left soft button to simply be the "calendar". So I started PHM Regedit, and changed HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\keys\112 back to "Calendar" and calendar.exe. After closing regedit. The today screen shows Calendar for the text but still launches sms. After a soft reset today has reverted back to sms label and of course launches sms.

How can I change this back to the calender? If I sms I almost always do it through contacts, so I dont need a sms button of any kind.

Peter
    PS. HTC Wizard, AT&T Wireless, WM6 Jaguar ROM
    Last edited by howudodat; 01/23/2008 at 11:02 AM. Reason: add signature
    Proabably should have checked this first. After installing I have no program icon for Palm Messaging. The Two Messagaing Icons in the programs folder say "Messaging" is not a valid Pocket PC Application. The Inbox Icon says "tmail" is not a valid Pocket PC Application. If this doesn't work, anyone have any sugestions about a similar program or hack that will let me enter the "Email Center Number" as a program option so I don't have to go through the 3 steps of cutting and pasting when sending/replying to an email via txt messaging in WM2003SE
    I discovered a very reliable threaded SMS client for Pocket PC Phone. It handles both square and rectangular displays. It has some good configuration options for the display and has an excellent popup notification functionality too.

http://www.pocket-sms.com

Downsides are that it only runs on WM 5.0 or better and the license needs to be activated.

Otherwise, a nice simple application which is not so hot on graphics and presentation but has good functionality/setup opions.
    Works great for me!!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    I discovered a very reliable threaded SMS client for Pocket PC Phone. It handles both square and rectangular displays. It has some good configuration options for the display and has an excellent popup notification functionality too.

http://www.pocket-sms.com

Downsides are that it only runs on WM 5.0 or better and the license needs to be activated.

Otherwise, a nice simple application which is not so hot on graphics and presentation but has good functionality/setup opions.