Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    aite so i installed all that stuff onto my ppc 6800 with wm6 on it...

because i didnt read thorughh tha whole 1000000 pages here i was jus following along with tha instructionsi removed tha 'poutlook' file ... an when i got to tha 'palm messaging' part i realized that it wasnt tha same...

so tha last post ^^^up there^^^ stated that with tha wm6 version u didnt need to change anything up.. so i started using it an it worked fine for a day...

now today any msg i get say this...

'The contents of this message cannot be displayed'

an this **** gettin kinda annoyin now... anyone kno as to why this could happen...

If I were you, I would do a hard reset and redo the installation.
    We got the app installed without issue all seems fine except for 1 weird anomaly and then another question.

Over the last 2 days we have received blocks of new text messages, 10-12 in a block from 8-12 months ago. All from different numbers, any clue? Coincidence?

And then for the question, how do you delete just one text message without deleting all texts from that recipient?

Staci
    Quote Originally Posted by StaciO View Post
    We got the app installed without issue all seems fine except for 1 weird anomaly and then another question.

Over the last 2 days we have received blocks of new text messages, 10-12 in a block from 8-12 months ago. All from different numbers, any clue? Coincidence?

And then for the question, how do you delete just one text message without deleting all texts from that recipient?

Staci
    I am having the same problem. After I reset my unit i start getting all these old texts as well. They just keep coming in. Not sure if there is a fix for that but it's getting me to the point where i want to hard reset and go back to the old way just because of this.
    Stack,

I have determined I get 10 old ones everytime I do a SR, and theiur coming in chronlogical order. I'm now up to August

Its getting old
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post

Very cool program but I have one suggestion. It would be better to have the person's name (or nickname) before their text rather than the time. I've never seen a chat with the time only. Kinda lame. Hopefully this will be an option in the next version.

Couple of other things. If Messaging (SMS) is not already open, and you use the pull up menu on your picture speed dials to start an SMS, it simply opens the program and does not start a message for you.

If you have Messaging (SMS) and your Inbox (what used to be called Messaging) open at the same time, opening mail in your inbox is slow. The animation lags and the experience is a slow down of the device. Again, hopefully this gets fixed in the next version. Great program!
    Last edited by htmanning; 10/24/2007 at 10:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlopa View Post
    Yup, success*! Thanks for that.

*Apart from the fact the the on-screen keyboard hides the text input box, so you can't see what you're typing...
    Thinking of getting the Sprint Touch Nov 4th. At least it'll hold me over until the new 800w comes out.

I was curious if any Touch users out there have this program installed? I know it works, but I was concerned that the on screen keyboard would hide the input box as it does on my 700wx. I want to be able to see what I'm typing, especially when I'm using a touch screen.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I know I am going to get hammered for this, I know I'm a newb to this. What is SMS? I'm gonna guess it's a messenger program?
    Last edited by boobo0; 10/29/2007 at 07:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by boobo0 View Post
    I know I am going to get hammered for this, I know I'm a newb to this. What is SMS? I'm gonna guess it's a messenger program?
    SMS = Text messaging

While I'm here, is threaded SMS at all available for WM5 on the 700w? Or at least, is there a hack written down somewhere?
    this threaded sms thing jacked up my phone, how do i get it off and get my phone back to normal.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by invictuskc View Post
    this threaded sms thing jacked up my phone, how do i get it off and get my phone back to normal.
    Restore the backup you did prior to install of threaded SMS. Or, if no backup was done a hard reset is in order.
    Verizon Palm Treo 700wx, WM 6, FLASH 4G|TRANSCEND SD TS4GSD150 R, MemMaid 2.0, Magic Button, SBSH Pocketweather
    I was going through the steps to get my Treo to split text messages over 160 characters into 2 texts but when I got to the step o browse to Program Files/Palm Messaging that folder does not exist on my phone.
    Any suggestions or instructions on what i need to do to get my 700W to split texts liek I want?
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drboz View Post
    I was going through the steps to get my Treo to split text messages over 160 characters into 2 texts but when I got to the step o browse to Program Files/Palm Messaging that folder does not exist on my phone.
    Any suggestions or instructions on what i need to do to get my 700W to split texts liek I want?
    Device or storage card. Do you see any apps in device Program Files like Connections and Windows Media Player?
    Verizon Palm Treo 700wx, WM 6, FLASH 4G|TRANSCEND SD TS4GSD150 R, MemMaid 2.0, Magic Button, SBSH Pocketweather
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    ok my phone is assigning it a total commander icon as if its a zip file and not a cab?
    for both threaded sms and resco? what am I doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    tb5;
    if your using the 6800 and running wm6, you do not need to do anything just install it and it will work with no problems, there's no need to move any files. ONLY if your ARE running WM5 do you need to perform any steps (copy and pasting files) to get the program to work correctly.

StaciO;
    just highlight that one message (you can click on the time stamp to open the message) and hit delete.

drboz;
    the palm messaging app splits any message over 160 chars by it's self no need to do anything, i've had mine split up to 4 messages at once, just keep typing...

those of you with the reoccurring messages, did you delete all your text messages before installing? plus are any of you on t-mobile or att/cingular? because i've been getting a lot of duplicate messages from att/cingular and t-mobile users...
    I did this on my treo 700wx last night after trying some other threaded sms programs that were slow. I must say I really like this one. I'm on verizon. I wanted to ask though has anyone had trouble with txt msgs coming up missing? I was talking to a friend last night txting shes is on ATT (cingular) and everything was going good then I quit getting txt back. i figured she stopped talking. But turns out she kept trying to send me stuff and i never got them. So it made me leery of everything since i had just installed this.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    thanx for all your help so far! cody will be posting with the results!
    hope it works this time..
    -Devin

Cody,

Im not seeing all these folders and when I get a new message, it doesnt use the threaded app as a default. I just did a hard reset and reinstalled this. It was working fine before. Can you help me? Thanks.

JC
  19.    #539  
    Quote Originally Posted by jchrist View Post

Cody,

Im not seeing all these folders and when I get a new message, it doesnt use the threaded app as a default. I just did a hard reset and reinstalled this. It was working fine before. Can you help me? Thanks.

JC
    did you install the version that had the "palm messaging" folder that you had to move the 13 files over to the windows folder?
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Yes. I installed following the first post to the tee.