Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Nevermind, had to go through and delete all 13 files and then it started working again. Fair warning for those who don't get service and are using Verizon... delete all 13 files that the instructions tells you to copy over to your Windows directory and then you will get service back, AND you will still have the threaded sms app.
    Last edited by meissen; 09/17/2007 at 07:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    fine work. As a father of four, three away at school, getting around the 160 character is great. I'll be bugging their asses at all hours of the day!!!!!

Donation sent, hope others are doing the same.
    Verizon Palm Treo 700wx, WM 6, FLASH 4G|TRANSCEND SD TS4GSD150 R, MemMaid 2.0, Magic Button, SBSH Pocketweather
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    So, it appears to me after figuring out the original post on this thread is not completely current, that for those who have recent WM6 ROM builds (like I do with the HTC Kaiser TYTN II) then you just simply install one of the two WM6 CABs and that is it. No initial delete of files or "move" of files via Resco.

And, it appears all is working fine with the SMS portion. However, I can not get the MMS function to work at all. I get an error message of the phone does not have enough memory etc. etc. And this is with a complete stock build of a hard reset with only this hack cab installed and a tiny image size. So, either MMS does not currently work (in which case me wonders why it is on the menu) or what am I doing wrong?
    dakotadav, read the last paragraph of the 1st post in this thread.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    thanks stroths...I had read that but was not sure if it was still contemporary information because that whole post is now very confusing (as others have noted) since the solution for newer WM6 devices is so easy now with a simple CAB install that was posted much later and recently in this thread, as well as another. Thanks for confirming this is still the case though.

Bummer though, I tried the link cody suggested and that site has changed so I have to go through a search process myself with a lot of naivety as to what search terms are going to pull up the exact post that cody suggested we reference....

if anyone has gone this route and 're-enabled' mms via this method I would appreciate a bit of hand holding....

kudos to cody on this..
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    ok....i just tried more research on that website and it appears the link to that mms app that cody linked to is history. furhter digging and it appears taht the site removed the pages and ceased hosting the links due to intellectual property concerns or issues. I presume these issues were around the threaded work-around anyway, and NOT a simple separate MMS app. hence, has anyone used the MMS install cody originally referenced that you might have obtained prior to the change on that board? And, if so, can I get a copy from someone via link or pm?

Thanks

D
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=sprintmms

just a little more research and you would have found the above link ... hope it helps
  8.    #508  
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=621

this is the mms cab from ppcgeeks for the sprint and verizon treo's. it also works just fine on the moguls. will work on the xv6800 when it comes out as well.

i have updated the first post for new users to find easy as well.

yes ppcgeeks did change some stuff on there site and the old url's dont work anymore. i forgot that i had that linked to the old url.

sorry, cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  9.    #509  
    Quote Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=sprintmms

just a little more research and you would have found the above link ... hope it helps
    hmmm. different url but same page. oh well, at least people know where to get it now. thanks captblaze.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    np ... trying to do my part and help
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    thanks captblaze and cody. so it works fine on other ppc platforms, but does it work fine on AT&T? Is there a reason that they only show links for the cdma carriers? I have a HTC TYTN II on AT&T I am seeking this for.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=621

this is the mms cab from ppcgeeks for the sprint and verizon treo's. it also works just fine on the moguls. will work on the xv6800 when it comes out as well.
    So it works just like it was native to the units? No more out of memory errors or inability to thread MMS like used to happen on the TyTN? If the port has finally been perfected, then that new Sammy is looking really NICE! If only PPC Geeks could port the voicemail function buttons The voicemail buttons and threaded SMS are really the only things that Palm has a killer lock on, IMHO.

EDIT: Ringer switch, love that...lets see if it gets phased out like the 500....hope not
    Last edited by 100thMonkey; 09/27/2007 at 04:01 PM. Reason: change
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  13. ktg
    Thanks for putting this together for everyone.
    installed on 700w and 700wx. no issues with the install thanks to the excellent guide. Thanks again!
    Just installed both the SMS and MMS apps and everything worked as expected. Only wish the MMS feature wasn't in the WM6 SMS App. Just want to thank everyone for providing this as it was the one thing I hated about not having in my 700wx.
    I installed the cab file and everything seems to be working fine. The only problem I am having is that sometimes my sms will not send until I send or receive a phone call. Sometimes it will work fine, but other times this is the problem. Is there any type of fix for this?
    does this fix the "out of memory" errors?

thank you for this btw
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    This is fantastic stuff...thank you! Is there a way to have the date show MM/DD instead of DD/MM?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Thanks Hannip for writing this awesome program and thank you Cody for putting those amazing instructions and making it easy for anyone to do. Thank you.
    hi. So i got the program w/ the intent of installing on my HTC Titan/Mogul. I followed the instructions in the first post, but the supplied WM6 installer doesnt create a "Palm Messaging" folder in my program files so i had nothing to copy over. I tried using the CAB from cody via email (threaded_sms_beta_5.zip) and that does create the directory, but when i copy over the files i get the "'cprog' is not a valid program" message. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I even hard booted and tried again and get the same results.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    munkee, you aren't doing anything wrong, don't use the wm5 cab unless your mogul is running wm5, cause you'll have to hard reset your phone to fix the cprog error (don't quote me on that, not sure if there's another fix, never checked), the wm6 cab for the threaded sms doesn't create a a palm messaging folder, it's pretty much a simple install, no added steps...