Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    read the first post in this thread ... it explains which file to d/l and how to install it . and yes it does work with wm5
    Im using six and have even tried hard resetting and reinstalling over, everything works fine the only issue I have which is annoying is when I get an incoming text, some other application on my today screen opens up first such as calender or inbox and I have to go back into messages, what is causing this?
    at 5k this install seems like a big file. Will it replace a bulk of what's there already? What's the net loss of memory for this program?

also should I be able to see poutlook in the startup folder prior to cab installation? I can't even though I've set resco for show all.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    I have a brand new 700wx. I don't know if there has been an update or something like that since this tutorial cam out or anything like that, but in my program files, there is no palm messaging folder. (Sorry if this has been covered, search showed nothing and don't have time to read all posts in thread). Anyone have a fix/know what to do?

EDIT: I found it.... Sorry. Took me a while though.
    Been using this app forever. It's number one on my list of essential apps.

I just flashed my XV6700 to WM6 which has been posted over at ppcgeeks.com. Tried installing the WM6 version of this app, but it breaks my text messaging -- will not send or receive messages. Uninstalling restores text messaging. Several hard resets and reinstalls with the same result. All the other XV6700 users over there that have installed this on WM6 are having the exact same problem. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Actually, after 10 years I dumped the palm. Someone turned me on to the blackberry a week ago and I now admit I'm a full convert. I was tired of the brick... I was tired of the lack of innovation... I was tired of it all. Within a year I went from the 700p over to Cingular for the 750 and back to Verizon for the 700. All because I wouldn't leave the Palm family. I now have the BB 8830. I don't have to reset it.... don't have to close out applications because too many are open... it runs a different type of string for sms but is just as effective.

Finally, I'm sad to say that if Palm dosen't begin to innovate again they will be gone. I started with the Palm Pilot and went right for the first Treo when they first came out. I don't think there has been one that I had without a problem.

The BB is thin, light, email is obviously their strongsuit. Amazingly fast. I cannot say enough good things about it.

If you want an idea... dump the brick. Good Luck.
    Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by lexnsyd View Post
    Actually, after 10 years I dumped the palm. Someone turned me on to the blackberry a week ago and I now admit I'm a full convert. I was tired of the brick... I was tired of the lack of innovation... I was tired of it all. Within a year I went from the 700p over to Cingular for the 750 and back to Verizon for the 700. All because I wouldn't leave the Palm family. I now have the BB 8830. I don't have to reset it.... don't have to close out applications because too many are open... it runs a different type of string for sms but is just as effective.

Finally, I'm sad to say that if Palm dosen't begin to innovate again they will be gone. I started with the Palm Pilot and went right for the first Treo when they first came out. I don't think there has been one that I had without a problem.

The BB is thin, light, email is obviously their strongsuit. Amazingly fast. I cannot say enough good things about it.

If you want an idea... dump the brick. Good Luck.
    Isn't this a thread about the Palm SMS messaging app for Windows Mobile 5/6? I guess I'm not sure what this has to do with your Blackberry... or Palm, for that matter...
    I did a fresh install of 6 and often enough when a text comes in the other items in my today screen often open up when a new text comes in...running wm5 Palm treo sprint...what could it be
    thanks cody for the file. will be installing the app now
    cody - i installed beta 5 on my 700 W . it seems to work ok but on a soft reset i get an error message " a problem has occured with gwes.exe". Do you have a fix for this?

The program is GREAT

Thanks
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maveric View Post
    I have a brand new 700wx. I don't know if there has been an update or something like that since this tutorial cam out or anything like that, but in my program files, there is no palm messaging folder. (Sorry if this has been covered, search showed nothing and don't have time to read all posts in thread). Anyone have a fix/know what to do?

EDIT: I found it.... Sorry. Took me a while though.
    Where did you find it? About to kill myself here...
    Nobody has been able to answer my post so I am putting the old wm5 threaded sms back on. I never really noticed the difference either in anything at all, does anyone know on a 700wx sprint phone, the difference between wm5 threaded sms app and wm6?
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    Nobody has been able to answer my post so I am putting the old wm5 threaded sms back on. I never really noticed the difference either in anything at all, does anyone know on a 700wx sprint phone, the difference between wm5 threaded sms app and wm6?
    There's no WM6 for Treo 700wx. Most likely the WM6 version of the app doesn't work on WM5 or will probably have some odd bugs if it does work.
  14.    #494  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    thay are are the same app. the pre aku 2.3 version (wm5 as you call it) will create the 'palm messaging folder. this has 113 files in it that you will need for the app to run. the wm6 version doesnt have these files or the "palm messaging folder". if you are using a treo, 6700, or any other (pre aku 2.3) version of phone the wm6 version will not work for you. if you are using a 6700 with cooked rom that has the aku newer than 2.3 or using a wm6 device like the wing or the mogul the wm 6 version is the one you want. the wm 6 version is 1/3 the size with out all those extra files.

hope this helps, cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Just installed this and the install went fine. Now I just need to wait until people reply to my texts

Since I was using pocket outlook for my IMAP emails I guess I now have 2 apps. One for email and 1 for text messages, which is fine.

Just got a reply to a text and yes, it's threaded and almost like a chat session Like my 650 was if I remember correctly.

Thanks codyppc, much kudos to you
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    thay are are the same app. the pre aku 2.3 version (wm5 as you call it) will create the 'palm messaging folder. this has 113 files in it that you will need for the app to run. the wm6 version doesnt have these files or the "palm messaging folder". if you are using a treo, 6700, or any other (pre aku 2.3) version of phone the wm6 version will not work for you. if you are using a 6700 with cooked rom that has the aku newer than 2.3 or using a wm6 device like the wing or the mogul the wm 6 version is the one you want. the wm 6 version is 1/3 the size with out all those extra files.

hope this helps, cody
    OK I'm a born-again n00b here. Haven't done anything on my PPC-6700 for at least a year (it was working, why mess with it; plus I had no time).

I'm just getting back into this and I'm using Kirvin's new clean and simple rom which I thought was aku 3.5. I tried to install using the wm6 version since I have an aku of higher than 2.3 and no Palm Messaging folder. So I tried to install the pre aku 2.3 version. This time everything went according to the instructions (except no warning about overwriting the files when I move them but I'm using windows commander so I figured that was the difference). But I'm done running through all the instructions to install the threaded and it seems to work but once I finish I don't get any service at all. If I hard reset service comes back right away.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

EDIT: OK I was using the right one from the beginning. I used the WM6 cab and didn't do anything but install the cab, do a soft reset and everything was working fine. I guess the instructions are old or only for the pre-aku 2.3 version but it was a little confusing for my noobness.
    Last edited by ekroner; 09/07/2007 at 02:05 AM.
    Am I the only super noob that doesn't know how to install the threaded SMS beta cab as well as the resco file in the first post?

First time with 700wx coming from a 700p and I'm already kicking myself because I don't know how to edit anything!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Alright, well something really effed up in my install. I have a Treo 700w, installed using threaded sms beta 5. My phone is continuously getting stuck and frozen.

First thing I noticed was that it didn't seem to want to vibe with the Today screen. I had WeatherPanel, PhoneAlarm, TodayAgenda, Skype and HideLogo (first four displayed in that order) displayed in my Today screen. It was only displaying about 10-20 pixel height worth of the WeatherPanel -- which looked to me about the height of the Verizon bar that HideLogo was getting rid of. Everything below the bar was blank until it got to the two soft keys. The left softkey was SMS and the right softkey was Contacts. SMS brought up the Threaded SMS program, Contacts button doesn't do anything.

My screen kept freezing... even hitting the power button wouldn't turn it off. I've had to push the soft reset button or pull the battery out to get it to reset. I get to the screen where it asks to use Network Time, I hit Finish and then bam it's stuck again.

Does anyone have any ideas? Of course, being a n00b, I have not invested in any type of backup programs.

Any ideas?

Edit: Alright, I sat there and started pressing tons of buttons while it was stuck at the "Installing" screen.. finally the screen started updating and the "Simon Says" waiting icon finally popped up again and it prompted me to install on the Device or Storage Card. Installed on the Device, same as I did the first time, and then it finally completed the install.

I had the most recent version of Resco File Explorer and it only listed 12 files in the Palm Messaging folder. I uninstalled it and installed the 2005 version linked in the OP and it now had all 13 files. Copied the files over and it copied most of them except for the ones that were "in use." Regardless, that seems to have done the trick. Performance is definitely hindered on my 700w. I use WisBar 2 (Windows Vista PE skin), Today screen uses Weather Panel, Phone Alarm, Skype plugin, and TodayAgenda. HideLogo being turned on was causing the issue with only 10-20 pixel height worth to show in the Today screen, once I disabled HideLogo -- although it still hid the logo -- it finally displayed the Today screen normally again.

Unfortunately, still have Contacts on the right soft key which links to ... nothing. SMS works cool, though. PHEW!

Edit Edit: ...Ok, once I turned Flight Mode off I was presented with a nice new issue -- I don't get any service now. This definitely wasn't as smooth of an install as I had hoped.
    Last edited by meissen; 09/16/2007 at 09:02 PM.
    Ok so I installed the CAB file and it seems to be working without going through the rest of the steps. I traded some SMS messages with a friend and we went back and forth a bit, seemingly with no problem. His phone is Sprint 700W with Goodlink, no SMS threaded app. Mine is Verizon 700W with threaded SMS app, no Goodlink, and I use Exchange Activesync.

What is the disadvantage to NOT deleting poutlook and not replacing the 13 files? What does poutlook in the startup folder actually do?

Can someone who is using Exchange Activesync and this threaded app speak up here? Obviously I don't want to attempt using this if there will be problems.

Also I noticed the network settings were for Sprint. They seemed to work, but if I should change these to Verizon I'd like to know what to use. I was afraid to use Automatic...
    I just wanted to say I love this APP it works perfectly, and I also wanted to be the 500th reply!!! WOOO!

EDIT: CRAP !!!! Who posts to this forum in the same 10 seconds I do to beat me to it!! Oh well I'm the 501st post...lol