Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    grrr-and to think I deleted poutlook last night right after I read this thread

is there a way to get rid of the '2 txt messages' that shouldnt be there anymore? Maybe something I can do with the registry? I only have resco for several more days
    i hate to quote myself so i will just post a link...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=238.

hope this helps, cody
    Last edited by codyppc; 03/19/2007 at 07:19 PM.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by rr4him View Post
    It is working great! Thanks Cody! I do have one question though. I only have 3.63 MB free "Storage" on my device. I have 34.25 MB free "Program."
    Do I need to do something to free up space on Storage? I have 442.14 MB available on my SD card. I have looked at my programs using Remove Programs but I am not sure where things are installed or if I need everything there. As far as I know I am not storing anything on the device. I am confused!
    did you remove the files from program files/ palm messaging ?

try going to the internet on your treo. go to menu/ tools / options / memory and clear history and delete files. then do a soft reset and see what your memory is then. are you using a w or wx?
    Quote Originally Posted by rr4him View Post
    It is working great! Thanks Cody! I do have one question though. I only have 3.63 MB free "Storage" on my device. I have 34.25 MB free "Program."
    Do I need to do something to free up space on Storage? I have 442.14 MB available on my SD card. I have looked at my programs using Remove Programs but I am not sure where things are installed or if I need everything there. As far as I know I am not storing anything on the device. I am confused!
    That was my primary complaint. The app is a monster and you have it worse than I do. I have over 60 apps installed and still have 9MB free on my device.

Here are 5 steps to clean up your device:

1. Go into PIE and delete your cache. You can use MemMaid or Space Reclaimer or this free app instead: http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php?soft=1489 . This will probably take care of most of your problem.

2. Use your file management app (Resco, Total Commander, File Explorer, whatever) and look into My Documents on the device. Move music, pictures, and other documents you don't absolutely need on the device to your card.

3. Go to Settings\System\Add Remove Programs and write down all of the apps installed.

4. Use your file management app and navigate to Program Files on the device. Look at the folders in there to determine which programs you installed on the device.

5. Just reinstall apps on the card that will run there. Most will. You'll get the message that it will uninstall the existing app before reinstalling so you don't have to manually uninstall first.

HTH
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    cody is on the mother****er!
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    cody is on the mother****er!
    just trying to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    hard reset first to completly remove everything. then restore back to right before you installed the app. this is the only way.
    Rats. That is what I thought. There are probably too many registry changes for this Cab/Hack to clean up. That is why I took so long to even try this thing. I waited to get my 700wx because I knew it would not be the best app for my 700w.

I have nice backups but don't want to be forced to revert to them. I'll hope that I can tolerate the performance degradation.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    Rats. That is what I thought. There are probably too many registry changes for this Cab/Hack to clean up. That is why I took so long to even try this thing. I waited to get my 700wx because I knew it would not be the best app for my 700w.

I have nice backups but don't want to be forced to revert to them. I'll hope that I can tolerate the performance degradation.
    man, you have got to have broken a record. over 60 apps on a verizon 700w. i cant belive you can even use it. the app is big, but what i suggest you do is take a long look at getting rid of some of those apps you dont use. you dont have to, but man you have to be running sluggish. lol. :
    First, I am a woman.

I do use everything on my device and keep track of my software (where everything is installed, registration codes, etc.) via HandBase. I started over with the barebones when I went from the 700w to the 700wx and added the things I needed. I'm back up to the 60+ apps. This includes lots of utilities and 15 games.

I wasn't running sluggish until installing this app. Almost everything is installed on a card and very little on my today screen and startup folder.

(BTW, I had more than that installed on my Palm OS device!)
    my new sms looks like cody's screen shot with the little smiley face and the bubble. yet I can't get it to thread. what should I do? I extracted my cab files to a folder i made called 'palmone' located in my mobile device and activesynced it that way. I didn't get the overwrite messages but was able to do just about everything else. Cody help me out man i need the thread!
    john1griff@msn.com
    Cody first of all thanks for all your help. I have a question when I enter a contact name from the today screen and hold down the center button and get my messaging choices and choose text message it brings me to the old text message app not the new threaded one and then when i send the message it gets stuck in the outbox. any suggestions?
    Thanks for the detailed instructions Cody. Is there anyway to get rid of the SMS link that has hijacked my left hardkey button once I installed the Threaded SMS application? I use the New Menu for wm5 Application which uses that button and now it has disappeared. I don't need the shortcut to SMS and I really miss being able to quicjly open a new appointment or task or note. Any suggestions?
    Katie
    Cody,

You're awesome bro.

Quick question: Why are there two inbox icons and two messaging icons in the program folder. One has (1) written next to it. Do they refer to the same program and is there a way to delete one of them? I've tried going into the program files using resco but couldn't find it there.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    did you remove the files from program files/ palm messaging ?

try going to the internet on your treo. go to menu/ tools / options / memory and clear history and delete files. then do a soft reset and see what your memory is then. are you using a w or wx?
    Yes I removed the files from program files/ palm messaging. I have a Sprint 700wx. I cleared my cache and also permanently deleted email from the deleted boxes in two Pop3 accounts on my device. I now have free in Main: Storage = 9.18 MB free and Program = 40.43 MB free.

Here are the Programs on my device:
    Palm Messaging
    Resco Today Plugin (added to install SMS threaded app)
    Resco Registry Add-in (added to install SMS threaded app)
    Resco Explorer (added to install SMS threaded app)
    Thunder WM5Storage (Stopped working when I upgraded Activesync)
    Microsoft Live Search
    Microsoft Corp. Extended DST Update
    hannip vzw 700wx A2DP
    Google Maps
    Handmark On Demand
    Sling Player Mobile
    PPCGeek.com Increase Max Connections
    June Fabrics PdaNet
    SwartB SmartDeviceCab1 (Can't remember what this is)
    pocketMax Keylight
    ISH InClose Mobile
    MT Software TodayAgenda
    Agilemobile.com Agile Messenger (never really use)
    Sprite Software Sprite Backup
    - Olive Tree Bible Software - BibleReader
    TCPMP The Core Pocket Media Player

Any thoughts anyone???
    r
  14. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    You have to install spb diary because unfortunately thats the only way you will see those type of messages in order to clear them. I had the same issue when I had first installed this. I had to re-install the entire app. I would say that the most important steps are to clear ALL text messages in every folder as well as emails & make sure to delete poutlook file before installing the app. Trust me, after that, everything will run very smoothly.
    I was wondering... does the palm messaging app work with phonealarm? Will PA let you know when you have a new message? Does anything need to be changed?
    Ok so im guessing I'm making this thing wayy to complicated. I downloaded the Palm Threaded files but do not see any app to make it run just some files. Am I to just copy these files over into the memory or am I missing something? This is in reference to step 1 (lol...got hanged up on step one? Wow I know lol)...

I'm looking at the help file and it says it includes the missing smstrigger.exe file but I do not see it. Could this be the problem? FYI email is carlosneal@hotmail.com.

Thanks!
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by griffytreo View Post
    my new sms looks like cody's screen shot with the little smiley face and the bubble. yet I can't get it to thread. what should I do? I extracted my cab files to a folder i made called 'palmone' located in my mobile device and activesynced it that way. I didn't get the overwrite messages but was able to do just about everything else. Cody help me out man i need the thread!
    john1griff@msn.com
    it sound as if you did move all the files. make sure you selected "show all files" in the resco options".

plus in the app it self there is a option under "chat" I set mine to always.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Used Car KIng View Post
    Cody first of all thanks for all your help. I have a question when I enter a contact name from the today screen and hold down the center button and get my messaging choices and choose text message it brings me to the old text message app not the new threaded one and then when i send the message it gets stuck in the outbox. any suggestions?
    have you deleted the "poutlook"?
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by katiegm View Post
    Thanks for the detailed instructions Cody. Is there anyway to get rid of the SMS link that has hijacked my left hardkey button once I installed the Threaded SMS application? I use the New Menu for wm5 Application which uses that button and now it has disappeared. I don't need the shortcut to SMS and I really miss being able to quicjly open a new appointment or task or note. Any suggestions?
    Katie
    yes, check the very bottom of the first post of this thread.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    You have to install spb diary because unfortunately thats the only way you will see those type of messages in order to clear them. I had the same issue when I had first installed this. I had to re-install the entire app. I would say that the most important steps are to clear ALL text messages in every folder as well as emails & make sure to delete poutlook file before installing the app. Trust me, after that, everything will run very smoothly.
    I never considered the order of when you delete the poutlook file. I do see empting the sms's before hand only helping. maybe I will revise the first post.

thanks buddy
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast