Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=codyppc;1221703]Ok, due to the large number of people still having trouble installing the sms app, I have decided to write another tutorial for nOObs. With pictures. Many said the old threads were outdated. Going back to beta 1 and reg edits. So i did this one
    etc etc..

Everything you wrote worked great. Wonderfull app. "BUT"-- when I receive a message, I do not get any audible notification. I looked in the options menu, but there is nothing there to select anything audible. Did I overlook something? After I completed the install, I did a soft reset, just in case.
    You must not be on a treo. You'll need to go to your system settings for alerts & notifications and select a valid sound for the event "Messaging New Message (Palm...".
    Thank you Codyppc, you do outstanding work!
    this SMS messaging is great! the resco explorer was a little difficult to use due to my menu options being different than in the instructions, but i figured it out eventually.

one question: is there NO way for me to read my old text messages that I had saved on the phone?
    When I go to that URL on my phone it says its an invalid URL, when i just go to Resco.com I dont get any links to get to Pocket PC...any idea's?
    do you lose any of the stock poutlook text message functions such as insert my text or do you lose the ability to reply to phone calls with a text message?
    in short, is there any downside to installing this? I text very infrequently and it's usually just an outbound message.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    have you deleted the "poutlook"?
    this file is in the windows folder twice but not n the the start menu, do I need to delete both of them.....i am getting that same problem were the text Messages shows one unread message, I tried to use the spb Diary, but I did not see any messages…..at this point what I can do….
    2 B 1 A S K 1
    Thanks for the help with threaded sms installed and the insturction, it was easy and the sms work's well.
    Last edited by ro10910; 07/04/2007 at 06:58 PM. Reason: miss spelling
    Just wanted to say thank you, installed this on my verizon xv6700 and it worked perfectly, I've been looking for this for over a year and nothing worked.

On a side note, tried installing this on a t-mobile wing with windows mobile 6 and it crashed the phone app. said CProg is not a valid application.

thanks again.
    I have had a problem with people getting my text messages upto 1 day late and generally within 2 hours even on the same network. This only happens if I reply within the thread but if I create a new text message they get it right away. Any ideas?
    Thank you SO SO SO much.
    Thanks Cody
    dvprez,

It's likely an issue with the Wing as it works fine on the Wing's big brother the Mogul which runs WM6 as well.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I downloaded the program and it seems to work flawlessly. My only concern is if there is a sound notifcation of a "sent" text message like in the default application? I receive a sound when a text is received, just not when sent. Any ways to change that preference??
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    thanks man, this is beautiful, i've been looking for this forever.
    The instructions worked great. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    i've been having problems with sending the messages, it seems to get stuck in the outbox and wont send. but when i go to the outbox and hit resend it sends everything in the outbox. what could be the problem?
    Thanks for the link Cody. Works great so far.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Thank you Cody for this. Your instructions are easy to follow and the application works exactly as promised.
    you da man, thanks again!