Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I had been using the hack for about a week and love it. I reset my phone yesterday and now I have the dreaded "1 unread message".

I tried SPB diary, but it doesn't show the message.

I've seen mentions of this problem, but no definitive answer.

What, if any, is the solution?

Thanks,

Noam
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Great program - why the hell would Palm go backwards & leave this out is beyond me. Unfortunately I am having an issue with receiving some text messages? I can send them but have been told by several people that they have responded yet I am not receiving their response. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    thanx a lot cody, it works great..u guys have made me love my treo700wx so much more
    Awesome, tutorial made this so easy. Every step was detailed (except for how to soft reset)

Yes, I know, I'm a noob. I didn't even know how to reset the darn phone. I dont' even know how to turn it off.
    Thanks much cody for the app. Works great so far.
    Thanks Cody... I followed your instructions and the app works like a champ. You rock Man!!!

-gman
    That's awesome... I've been wanting something like this.

Thanks man.
    thanks cody... I switched from Palm OS to give the 700wx a try. Without this I think I would strongly consider going back!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    hey thanx a bunch!!!! Is there anyway to get notification that your text were sent like with the old messaging program???
    Long time reader, 1st time poster here. Between you, Maltesta, and Hannip....your knowledge and help have made my 700 wx experience awesome. Keep up the good work all!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I have to say, absolutely love the threaded SMS program. However, I have problems with it that I can't seem to solve.

I have actually started from scratch and defaulted the unit. Then installed the SprintSMS patch. Then followed the instructions line by line for the threaded SMS application.

Everything seems to work great with the application.

The problem I have however is after this is installed, it ends up breaking my bluetooth on the phone. I try to hit the BT icon to go enable the BT on the phone, and it just freezes up, never opening. I have tried several configuration to try to make sure it isn't another application I have installed, but it seem to even occur when I only have the SMS patch installed, along with the Threaded SMS application. The Sprint 700wx never has troubles when this application isn't installed.

So, there is where I am stuck. I am wondering if it may be possible I have a older version of the Threaded SMS application? I don't know, it is very odd. Any thoughts?
    Thanks much Cody but I am having some issues.

1) When I did the initial installation, I installed the threaded cab file and once I realized I did not do a backup I quickly uninstalled. When I uninstalled it said it could not be removed. Therefore, I did a hard reset and just return my treo back to normal. I figured no damage was done since I did not delete or move the ROM files. This is correct right?

2) Ok, I did the backup, installed the threaded cab file and then installed Resco Explorer. Well I had the 2007 version as per your link and it was a little different. The issue was that I wasnt able to delete the poutlook file AND I had 2 of them! One seemed to be an older one and one seemed to be created when I did the hard reboot. I COULD NOT delete them... it said ACCESS DENIED. I dont know what I didnt do but I followed the steps very closely. I read someone did not delete so I just moved over the 13 file and everything seems to be ok. There r still 2 poutlook files in that directory/

3) Everything seemed to be ok but I noticed that before the installation I had voicemails and the icon said voicemail or notification. After the installation it did not show anything about voicemails. So I called myself and left a voicemail and still nothing. Maybe it will show up morrow.

Let me know if anyone has experienced these issues. Hopefully its nothing. I just hope the voicemail issue isnt a problem. Thanks in advance.
    when i go to install this...i open the resco file explorer and hit the file tab and there is no options tab at all...so what do i do now??
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy6996 View Post
    I have to say, absolutely love the threaded SMS program. However, I have problems with it that I can't seem to solve.

I have actually started from scratch and defaulted the unit. Then installed the SprintSMS patch. Then followed the instructions line by line for the threaded SMS application.

Everything seems to work great with the application.

The problem I have however is after this is installed, it ends up breaking my bluetooth on the phone. I try to hit the BT icon to go enable the BT on the phone, and it just freezes up, never opening. I have tried several configuration to try to make sure it isn't another application I have installed, but it seem to even occur when I only have the SMS patch installed, along with the Threaded SMS application. The Sprint 700wx never has troubles when this application isn't installed.

So, there is where I am stuck. I am wondering if it may be possible I have a older version of the Threaded SMS application? I don't know, it is very odd. Any thoughts?
    The A2DP install fixes the broken bluetooth issue.
    is there a way to disable the delivery report.
    Hey,

I actually had this installed in a prior phone with no hitch but it broke & I am trying to get this going on my replacement phone. Essentially the issue is now my left button only works for messaging (instead of tabbing between SMS & Messaging) and I do not have an inbox that shows my emails on my today screen. (Nor is one selectable in the today screen options).. I thought I followed the steps exactly & I have now done this install about 3-4 times (using SPB backup)

To quote from the readme with the SMS cab file
    "- Check you have room on the start menu for 1 more shortcut. Messaging will become Inbox, and a new Messaging icon will be added. The standard Start Menu config is 8 apps + 5 most recent used + Programs and Settings, if Help is enabled, this changes slightly. Use 'Menu' in 'Settings' to make room if required."
    There is plenty of room.. I am just not getting Inbox..

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer!

EDIT:::: After trying again and again I ended up doing a hard reset and after that the install went perfect. Thanks again for this great guide!
    Last edited by xMattx; 06/16/2007 at 03:30 PM.
    The funny thing is if you can't use this for Pic's why title the thread SMS for Noobs/w pictures?
    Quote Originally Posted by cbpagent72 View Post
    The funny thing is if you can't use this for Pic's why title the thread SMS for Noobs/w pictures?
    'pictures' refers to the screen shots that help to explain to 'Noobs' as to how to install the app.

I'm curious, though... Why doesn't the MMS feature in this app work?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    gksmithlcw, this app was designed for (and taken from) a 750. Some of the brilliant minds here at TC tried to figure out how to get MMS working, but never figured it out.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    has anyone had their treo revert back to regular text messaging? i haven't hard reset my device, but randomly sometime in the past few days mine went back to receiving text messages through pocket outlook... i can still send messages through the threaded sms though...
    i am trying to redo the install and see what happens.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)