Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    does this app replace the normal tm part of the messaging app?

Yes, you can't even get to the mail text messaging after this is installed.
    this has been working great for me but recently auto complete has randomly stopped working. anyone else have this problem?
    It worked great and you instructions were perfect. Thanks
  4.    #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by allen2oo3 View Post
    this has been working great for me but recently auto complete has randomly stopped working. anyone else have this problem?
    auto complete has always been a little buggy. it is one of may favotite things since I can't spell.

even before the threaded sms app was available I found the auto complete would not be there sometimes. just do a softreset and it will return.

has nothing to do with the app or palm. it is a windows mobile thing. same thing happened on the 6700.
    I put this on my Treo 700w and I wasn't able to sync with my PC via the USB cable and was therefore not able to use PDANet. I had to hard reset and Sprite Restore and now everything is fine. Anybody else? I also had problems with this app REALLY slowing up my Treo, very noticeable. It's probably just my POS 700w but who knows. The app was great from a functional standpoint, though.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Works great... I love it
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboytz View Post
    Ok so I found out my problem after a few hours of playing around. Basically what happened is I tried to install the cab file on my desktop and then copy it my device.

Do not do that...install the Palm Thread cab file directly to your pda as it is, and install the file from there.

Everything else works just as described and now i'm excited about this new app! I tend to make things complicated so that's what my problem was. Now..... time to learn some more new things!
    I was wondering bout this too...
    Thanks for clearing this up for me...
    Cheers!
    Wow! This really worked great...well done instructions and expertly modified program...thanks Cody!
    Thanks for this Cody; it went though without a hitch. The pictures in the instructions made it easier. Great Job, keep up the good work!
    I'm sure this has been asked before, but it's been buried in another thread, and I can't seem to find it the answer: how do I reset the left softkey to open either SMS or POutlook?
  11.    #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    I'm sure this has been asked before, but it's been buried in another thread, and I can't seem to find it the answer: how do I reset the left softkey to open either SMS or POutlook?
    it's in this thread as well. I think page three. I will look for it and post it if you can't find.
  12.    #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    here is a link to that thread on "the left sofkey hack". http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...d.php?t=127735

this was to create it. deleteing the key that this thread has you create will bring it back to the original.
    it was on page three.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    seems to be working fine
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    it was on page three.
    Just what I was looking for. You're the best, Cody!
    Installed following the instruction. Working as advertised. I am a happy customer. Thanks Cody!
  16.    #256  
    everyone wlecome. remember I didn't write it. I just made it easy for people to get the app and install instructions with pictures.

hannip is the one who got it working so good. I think everyone one should send him a pm thanking him. if it weren't for him you wouldn't have it.
    hehe, thx cody, but my inbox is already full so no pm's please.
  18.    #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    hehe, thx cody, but my inbox is already full so no pm's please.
    oh.... it's full all right. you just wait. the people want to thank you for your hard work.

UPDATE: if you can't pm him because his box is full... his cell phone number is (703) 409-8xxx

lol. now that's funny

pm's are good.
    Thanks Cody. Installed and running. Great instructions btw.
    Are you still able to get picture messaging from other people and go to it from your text messaging like you do when you are using the outlook sms program? Please let me know before I install the Threaded SMS. Thanks!