Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    I am stuck on step 12. When I go to Program Files I do not see Palm Messaging, all that is there is Connections, Picsel, and Windows Media Player.
    Worked wonderfully!! Thanks Cody!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RAINMAKA View Post
    I am stuck on step 12. When I go to Program Files I do not see Palm Messaging, all that is there is Connections, Picsel, and Windows Media Player.
    hmm, you performed the cab install right? If you did where did you install? Device or Storage Card? If you install to Storage Card you will find it at \Storage Card\Program Files\Palm Messaging
    I should have thought to look there, thanks Cody and hannip.
    Cody,

I installed this a while ago. But I just want to thank you again for the efforts -- the autoresponder Gmail account and this thread with dead-simple instructions. Many, many thanks. This REALLY improves my user experience with my 700wx.

Too bad the brilliant hardworking folks at Palm, Inc. couldn't accomplish what Cody did in an hour. The reason for this? Cody cares about the others in Treo user community. Palm just wants their money.
    Just wanted to add my thanks as well. Worked flawlessly on Verizon and Treo700W.
    Thanks again Cody!!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    just had to thank you Cody. It works perfectly on my 700w too. Doesn't eat up too much memory either. Just one thing to note though, and I'm not sure if it's already been mentioned, but when using Total Commander to move the files in the Palm Messaging folder to the Windows folder, it does NOT prompt you to overwrite files. It just overwrites them automatically. I was a bit worried at first, but after soft resetting and sending some test SMS messages to friends, everything works great. :-)
    Former owner of... Kyocera 7135, Samsung SCH-i730...

Current owner of... Treo 700w
    I was just thinking, is there a way to combine the today plugin's for the inbox & messaging together? Similar to the way it worked before the SMS installation?

I am loving the "IM" part of texting. Its much easier to use.
    Well, I rejoined the ranks of the Treo-ites yesterday and I was SOOOO disapointed that the 700wx didn't have 'threaded sms'. So I thought to myself, "Self, I know I'm not the first person to want threaded sms." So I came back to the forum that was so helpful with my first two treos and ta da! The first thread was the threaded sms hack! I was thrilled! It works great and my treo actually feels like a treo again!

Thanks Cody and all that contributed.
    Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> PPC 6700 --> Treo 700wx --> Samsung Instinct --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    I was just thinking, is there a way to combine the today plugin's for the inbox & messaging together? Similar to the way it worked before the SMS installation?

I am loving the "IM" part of texting. Its much easier to use.
    This sounds like a good MortScript project. Zbop has written a today plugin that could be used to combine the mail and sms today plugins and save some space. Actually, you might want to wait for Treo Alert 5.6 to come out since it will be using this new plugin and give you much more functionality along with the number of unread email and sms. Stay tuned...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=610
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    i been lookin 4 this 'ish....luvin it!!
    Worked like a charm. thanks a lot for the walkthrough
    awesome awesome awesome.....who made this? the guys at ppc?
    Quote Originally Posted by djcyph View Post
    awesome awesome awesome.....who made this? the guys at ppc?
    Nope. If you want the history check out this thread right here at treo central.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=126746

Warning, it's long. The short of it is theloneranger at xda extracted the app from a Palm Treo 750v and made it available, but there were many issues that made it unusable on Treo 700's and any other device with an AKU less than 2.3. So some nice persons right here on this forum hacked away at it, copied more dll's and the mail app and worked out most of the issues until what you see in the beta4.
    Installed it today, thanks cody! Seems to work like a charm! Been testing it with a friend on T-mobile who has a Sidekick III.

He's always so jealous about my Treo. Every week I find something new to show him that my phone can do and his can't. Every time I show him something new he tosses his phone to the side or on a table with a look of disappointment on his face, priceless~

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    The app works great, the install instructions really helped

thank you!
    Thank you for the time you spent creating these easy to follow instructions, it works perfectly!
    does this app replace the normal tm part of the messaging app?
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    thanks man this was very helpful.
    does anyone else have problems with this app. I sent a text to test it out and person said it sent twice and I never got his reply. I got the massages after I uninstalled and soft reset.