Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    It kind of makes me a little pissed that theres no Palm Messaging folder on my 700w, so I guess I can't install this app.
  2.    #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by windycity0372 View Post
    Thanks so much for the fast response! The SMS messaging is awesome!
    that wasn't me. i have this whole thing set up as an "auto responce". that means no matter who emails that address. no matter what time of day. thay will get the same reply. i set up that gmail account just for the distrubtion of the app. doing it manually was hard.

332 people got the app since 3/18. lol. all automaticly
  3.    #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Cody,

Thanks for hosting the file & setting up the tutorial.

I have a few questions:

1. What does removing the poutlook.exe file from /windows/startup actually accomplish? Is there a downside to removing it?
    2. How "ram" heavy is the foot print? I keep reading posts about people running out of memory (I am not sure if its storage or ram).
    3. Any downside to the app (system slow downs, etc)?
    4. Is the current version the beta 4 that sends multiple text messages (I have the VZW WX version if that matters)?

Thanks again

Rich
    1. i don't remember. i was just told you need to do this. put it back if you want to test it out.

2. i think it's about 4mb. if you have a verizon 700w then it may be pretty big. since you dont have much memory to start with. if you have a wx then it should be no problem.

3. with every app you add. with ever pice of memory you use up. things slow down. all depends how much you use it. you dont want to install everything you see. that would just bog down the things you use everyday.

4. the current version is beta 4. i think those who get double sms messages sent have something wrong with there in stall. i have never sent a double sms message. i have heard of a few who did. some uninstalled and then reinstalled and it fixed there problems. out of the 332 people who got it since 3/18 only like 3 have had double sms messages. pretty good odds.
  4.    #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by csd52065 View Post
    OK, I am having a bit of trouble. I went to download the RESCO 'cab', and I downloaded the 'basic' file, I got all th way to deleting the "poutlook" file and doing the soft reset. I went back to RESCO and I did not see the "Palm Messaging folder" Should I have downloaded another 'cab' file such as "CAB Today Plugin" or am I missing something? Please help because I have no clue what to do since I have already deleted the "poutlook" and now everytime I do a soft reset I get an error message. Help!
    did you download the thread sms app? and install it?
  5.    #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by IslesFan View Post
    It's working great except for one thing. I can recieve MMS messages(I'm on verizon), however, when I try to send, I get the error "Originator Address not found." Any ideas?
    you can not send mms through this app. even though it looks like you can you cant.
  6.    #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by iatemypants View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't have a "Palm Messaging" directory in my program files?
    I have a treo 700w (verizon) and no matter where I look on my phone I cannot find the palm messaging folder.
    help please.
    you wont have it untill you install the threaded sms cab file. to get it email cody700@gmail.com
    Thanks Cody. Seamless install, works like a charm.
    Please note that if you're listening to my advice, you should have your head examined. Doing as I say could lead to mental illness, injury, or even death.
    Not so seamless after all. Have my E-Mail set up to check my SprintPCS account every 30 min and now I get an error message saying I should check and verify server name as it is incorect.
    Think a third party mail program will solve?

Steve
    Last edited by San Antone RR; 04/22/2007 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Can't friggin' spell today
    Please note that if you're listening to my advice, you should have your head examined. Doing as I say could lead to mental illness, injury, or even death.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Cody, it was flawless, I now signed up for unlimited txt much smoother. LOL more people pissed that I txt them to much.

Thanks;

"Easy, I only have 300, Stop txting me , lol"
    I believe someone reported elsewhere that threaded SMS will not work along with Push Effect. I'd love this app, but wouldn't want to give up on my "push" Gmail.

Has anyone successfully used these together?
  11.    #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by San Antone RR View Post
    Not so seamless after all. Have my E-Mail set up to check my SprintPCS account every 30 min and now I get an error message saying I should check and verify server name as it is incorect.
    Think a third party mail program will solve?

Steve
    wow, that's the first time i herd of that one. maybe push that email to another account and then use the other account. something like gmail.

i use push email and never had a problem.
  12.    #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    I believe someone reported elsewhere that threaded SMS will not work along with Push Effect. I'd love this app, but wouldn't want to give up on my "push" Gmail.

gmail is pull. it pulls the email an the time you set it for. push email is done with say a hosted exchange server like 4smartphone or mail2web. unless its your companies server.

except for the user above i have never heard of any problems with email.

i would say. do a backup so you can restore back to a good working point and install the sms app and see for your self. it is free. the worse that could happen you would have to restore back to before you installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    gmail is pull. it pulls the email an the time you set it for. push email is done with say a hosted exchange server like 4smartphone or mail2web. unless its your companies server.

except for the user above i have never heard of any problems with email.

i would say. do a backup so you can restore back to a good working point and install the sms app and see for your self. it is free. the worse that could happen you would have to restore back to before you installed.
    I know, Cody-- I do have a hosted Exchange account. What's terrific about the Push Effect app is that it uses a gmail-generated SMS to awaken the phone and signal that an email has arrived. That's why it's a "virtual" push.

I've backed up and restored before-- I was just hoping that someone had already tried this. Maybe I'll give it a shot later this evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    wow, that's the first time i herd of that one. maybe push that email to another account and then use the other account. something like gmail.

i use push email and never had a problem.
    Don't mean to bastardize the thread, but do you mean to set the SprintPCS account to auto forward to another account?

Steve
    Followed the instructions, and worked fine.

My company uses Good Technology to interface with exchange, and I had a couple of odd things happen at first, but when something odd happened, I did a soft reset and after a couple of times, everything is set perfect.

Good Technology replaces the "messaging" plug in for the Today screen, and I was worried how the SMS install would handle that. Well, it was handled perfectly. Both SMS and Good Technology messaging coexist very well together.

Thanks very much!!!
    Pretty much even the technologically inept, like myself who usually goes running to my savvy roommates for answers, can follow these instructions... Not saying I got it all right the first time, but nonetheless I got it!!

Best of luck, and mad props to Cody for helping us all out!
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Thanks Cody...I'll give it a shot!
    Kind of weird. Installed it and it works beautifully. My SprintPCS E-Mail receives, but I can't send E-Mail. Even if I reply to a received message, I get an error message as if I mistyped the addy and it bounces back as undeliverable.
    Have checked all settings for the E-Mail account. They are correct. Deleted the .cab and done hard resets. Works fine. When app reinstalled, same thing. Not sure why it causes the conflict.

Ideas?

Steve
    Steve, which device are you using. That sounds like a dll incompatibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post

I use the threaded SMS app with PushEffect. They work well together. I receive SMS messages just fine. The only thing is if someone sends you at SMS via server address:

Example: 3124562789@vtext.com

AT&T: AreaCode+Mobile@mobile.att.net
    Verizon: AreaCode+Mobile@vtext.com
    Nextel: AreaCode+Mobile@page.nextel.com
    T-Mobile: AreaCode+Mobile@tmomail.com
    Sprint: AreaCode+Mobile@messaging.sprintpcs.com
    Cingular: 1+AreaCode+Mobile@mobile.mycingular.com

That message will not go through, because PushEffect intercepts these type of messages. This does not occur when receiving SMS from phone to phone (using the person's phone number, not server address).