Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Cody,
    Thanks a million. I used the instructions you posted, it was easy as pie, took about 10 minutes to install. It works great, just like my old Palm 650 with the palm OS. Thanks Again!!
    Thank you Cody for the app and the quick response...much appreciated
    thanks, cody!
    ...for sending me the Threaded sms app! I really appreciate the fast response!
    cody,

I appreciate u sending me the link so quickly...Thanks!!
    One question about it, should my phone sync when I recenve a text message?
    AWESOME!

Thanks Cody. Im still learning all this WM and trying to get up to speed (I really should get back to work). Thanks again...the tutorial was great (although hitting the 'are you sure' button 13 times was a little unsettling
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Thanks so much for the fast response! The SMS messaging is awesome!
    Wow... Thank you Cody for the information. I can't believe that after a year palm didn't have it fixed, and I had to jump through all those hoops to get my threaded messages to work. Thanks a lot!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Thanks Cody, your a life saver!
    Cody,

Thanks for hosting the file & setting up the tutorial.

I have a few questions:

1. What does removing the poutlook.exe file from /windows/startup actually accomplish? Is there a downside to removing it?
    2. How "ram" heavy is the foot print? I keep reading posts about people running out of memory (I am not sure if its storage or ram).
    3. Any downside to the app (system slow downs, etc)?
    4. Is the current version the beta 4 that sends multiple text messages (I have the VZW WX version if that matters)?

Thanks again

Rich
    OK, I am having a bit of trouble. I went to download the RESCO 'cab', and I downloaded the 'basic' file, I got all th way to deleting the "poutlook" file and doing the soft reset. I went back to RESCO and I did not see the "Palm Messaging folder" Should I have downloaded another 'cab' file such as "CAB Today Plugin" or am I missing something? Please help because I have no clue what to do since I have already deleted the "poutlook" and now everytime I do a soft reset I get an error message. Help!
    You should have downloaded & installed Cody's cab which will make a directory in the /program files / palm messaging on your device (storage or local).

I would also disable the error reporting.
    One more vote of thanks, Cody.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    It's working great except for one thing. I can recieve MMS messages(I'm on verizon), however, when I try to send, I get the error "Originator Address not found." Any ideas?
    Am I the only one who doesn't have a "Palm Messaging" directory in my program files?
    I have a treo 700w (verizon) and no matter where I look on my phone I cannot find the palm messaging folder.
    help please.
    Thanks, Cody!
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  18.    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by bgeyer View Post
    Cody,
    Thanks a million. I used the instructions you posted, it was easy as pie, took about 10 minutes to install. It works great, just like my old Palm 650 with the palm OS. Thanks Again!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavis24cw View Post
    Thank you Cody for the app and the quick response...much appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRue05 View Post
    Thanks Cody.. As a new Treo 700wx user, this was a very helpful fix for the messaging problems I was having as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by aldem View Post
    thanks, cody!
    Quote Originally Posted by csd52065 View Post
    ...for sending me the Threaded sms app! I really appreciate the fast response!
    Quote Originally Posted by fame2 View Post
    cody,

I appreciate u sending me the link so quickly...Thanks!!

everone is welcome. remember... i only wrote the tutorial, and made it available. i didn't write the app.
  19.    #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by bgeyer View Post
    One question about it, should my phone sync when I recenve a text message?
    no, but if your using "push email" it seems to sync all the time anyhow. mine seems to sync after ever phone call. i never watched it to see if it synced after sms message. hmm
  20.    #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho View Post
    AWESOME!

(although hitting the 'are you sure' button 13 times was a little unsettling
    that is just the way resco works. i just wanted to let you know and make sure you moved 13 files. not having all 13 would cause problems.