View Poll Results: Do you think those hacks useful?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

156 90.70%
  • No

7 4.07%
  • Sorry, you are destroying my treo 750.

9 5.23%
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  

Hacks in this thread:

1. Remove the title bar and/or softkey bar. (Post #1)

2. Add the seventh hardware button (side button click). (Post #2)

3. Changing the voluming slide to Jog wheel (Post #3)

4. Get the builtin phone application back (Post #4)

5. Turn off LCD or system of treo 750 in a phone call (Post #6 and #15)

6. Hide the carrier and bluetooth line in today (Post #14)

7. Remove the battery icon and restore the speaker icon in taskbar. (Post #16)

8. Tweak treo 750 easily and free (Post #17)

9. Add keyboard shortcuts to PIE (Post #33) and opera (Post #41 by The Solutor)

Add CTRL key to treo 750 (Post #45)

11. Add CTRL key Pro to treo 750 (Post #110)

12. Turn off screen while in a call and being buzzed while muted. (Post #213)

1. Remove the title bar and/or softkey bar.

The 240*240 sucks, esp with Palm's junk plugins. In order to display more content in today, you can remove the top and bottom bars using vjtoggletoday.

Software downloading from here:

The introduction is here.

The minimal value of the taskbar is 0.
    The minimal value of softkey bar is 1.
    Apply and OK.

Kudo to vijay5555.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cellneuron; 09/12/2007 at 02:01 AM.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  2.    #2  
    The side button can only be hold to launch applications, which is evil copy from palm's treo 650. Fortunately you can easily get it back.

1. import the tweak from the attachment. (or use the cab file.)

2. reset treo 750, and then set the program as you do with other buttons in system settings.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cellneuron; 03/25/2007 at 12:24 PM.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  3.    #3  
    The voluming buttons on side are big waste from palm, which can only be used for adjusting volumes.

After my modification:
    1. The voluming buttons will be same as before (adjusting volume) in today, phone or during a call.
    2. In pocket internet explorer, it will page down/up. You still can use the up/down keys to jump from one link to the next link.
    3. In all other applications, it will page down/up while up/down keys will scroll one line up/down.

Method:

1. Remove the battery icon first, using the method in post #16 of this thread. Warning: You may miss call because the ringer volume always down to zero if you didn't turn off the volume service from palm properly.

2. Please download the attachment and unzip to anywhere in devices (not storage card), and run the exe file. It will add itself to autoRun list after reboot. (Please redownload the attachment, or modify the STARTONREBOOT=0 to STARTONREBOOT=1 in the ini file, save it and restart the exe.)

3. If you don't need the side buttons to adjust volume at all, you don't even need the attachment or any extra softwares. Please use the hack 11 and map the page up/down to side buttons.

That's it.
    Last edited by cellneuron; 03/31/2007 at 02:55 PM.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  4.    #4  
    The Palm get a crappy dialpad from treo 650 to replace the beautiful phone application from wm5 (wm6 is even better, hope palm will abandon their own crappy phone application and use the builtin one. keep my finger crossed.).

You can get the builtin dialpad back. It will work in everywhere (except today and email) by clicking the green button. Unfortunately the smartdial in wm5 is provided by HTC, so that I can't post it here. In WM6, the smartdial is provided by ms.

Using your favorite registry editor, go to HKLm\security\phone\skin\

change the value of "Enabled" from 1 to 0, reset.

This hack may cause some conflicts with the phone application from Palm, so do it at your risk. Actually it is mainly for fun, since smartdial is not available legally.
    Last edited by cellneuron; 03/20/2007 at 03:28 PM.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  5.    #5  
    More is coming. If some hacks have been posted, all credits go to there.

When modifying registry, make sure power off 5 secs then power on before doing the reset.

Next project will be how to get the speaker icon back in order to keep the volume slide in today/phone only.
    Updated: DONE see post #16.

Also want to change the right shift key to "ctrl" key, don't know how to do it so far.

DONE
    Last edited by cellneuron; 03/20/2007 at 01:54 AM.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  6.    #6  
    You can do it a lot of method, but turning off the LCD is not the best way. You can suspend the PDA completely while keep the call on.

I attached the suspend.exe from PHM, you can put it anywhere, make a shortcut to \windows\start menu\programs, and assign it to a hardware button, I used the side hold.

When the call end, the unit will power on itself. You can use any green button to power on the treo 750 during a call.

This is not orginal, just in case some people may overlook it.

EDIT: Because of the "tweaks" from PALM, suspending treo 750 DOES stop the mic and headphone jack. Therefore if you don't use BLUETOOTH headset, this program is no use, please use the program in post #15. Bluetooth headset users won't be affected.
    Last edited by cellneuron; 03/23/2007 at 11:11 PM.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    you are awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    The side button can only be hold to launch applications, which is evil copy from palm's treo 650. Fortunately you can easy get it back.

1. import the tweak from the attachment.

2. reset, and set the program as other buttons.
    where did you find this hack from? I want to know which registry entry it changes. Thanks.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    where did you find this hack from? I want to know which registry entry it changes. Thanks.

Open the attachment and you will see everything. I only tested in my treo 750, please tell me if it doesn't work for you.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Open the attachment and you will see everything. I only tested in my treo 750, please tell me if it doesn't work for you.
    all i see is something that will make the changes to my treo, I want to see what reg entry it changes. thanks.
  11.    #11  
    You can use the text editor to open the registry in your pc.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    i can not get the option + keys to work :-( Any idea why?

How about something that can make the font used in the service provider line REALLY small? i do like to see it, but i want to know if i am roaming. Another option would be to only show the service provider if i am not roaming.

I dont need the bluetooth icon either, that could possibly be shown using the background colour.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    You can do it a lot of method, but turning off the LCD is not the best way. You can suspend the PDA completely while keep the call on.

I attached the suspend.exe from PHM, you can put it anywhere, make a shortcut to \windows\start menu\programs, and assign it to a hardware button, I used the side hold.

When the call end, the unit will power on itself. You can use any green button to power on the treo 750 during a call.

This is not orginal, just in case some people may overlook it.
    How about 1 click to turn off screen, click+hold to suspend device?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    i can not get the option + keys to work :-( Any idea why?

How about something that can make the font used in the service provider line REALLY small? i do like to see it, but i want to know if i am roaming. Another option would be to only show the service provider if i am not roaming.

I dont need the bluetooth icon either, that could possibly be shown using the background colour.

The option + keys need be pushed at the same time, not one after another like in other ppc or palm devices, so basically useless since you won't be able to use one hand to operation both keys at the same time. The only exception is the option + OK, which is same as press and hold OK.

If you want to hide the carrier and bluetooth line, you can use nologocab, which is available here.

I also attached in this post. It is not stable and may not be compatiable with vjtodaytoggle.

Update: Turning on the LCD by pressing "action" key (in the middle of the navigation pad). Keyboard and volume slide are not locked by this program.
    Last edited by cellneuron; 03/23/2007 at 11:14 PM.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    How about 1 click to turn off screen, click+hold to suspend device?
    Well, it is also easy to be done. Please use the file attached in this post, make a shortcut and assign to a button. The file is from PHM too.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  16.    #16  
    The battery icon is evil from palm. There are tons of battery meter which just take 2 pixels on top and free. Most importantly, sometimes you may need the speaker icon to adjust sound using stylus. Spb pocket plus, smartkey and AE button plus also need the speaker icon to adjust volume.

1. Download the attachment, extract it.
    2. Connect your pda to pc
    3. Copy the extracted file to \windows\ of your treo 750 using activesync. When it prompts overwriting, answer is "yes".
    4. Reset your treo 750.
    5. You may miss call because the ringer volume always down to zero. You can avoid it if you know how to turn off the volume service using task manager v2.7. Please download task manager v2.7 or memaid, going to service, find the "volume service (VOL0)", stop it and set as manual it.
    6. All done.

Updated: if you go to the notification and open the event of "phone, known caller" or "phone, unknown caller", the ringer volume will always down to zero again, even you don't change anything. Please download the ringtone0.zip and import the reg file if this does happen to you.
    Last edited by cellneuron; 05/16/2007 at 05:46 PM.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  17.    #17  
    You may still use the PHM regedit editor, or tweak2k2 or other commercial tools to tweak your wm5. I just want to introduce a small and free system tweaks tools.

Please download and read the introduction here.

The tool was written for htc wizard, but it also works in treo 750, with only a few exceptions:

1. enable 802.11g won't work since no wifi in treo 750.
    2. Different icon for GPRS/EDGE and disable/enable roaming indicator won't work, for unknown reason.

Install it and say "yes" to all alert windows during launch the application. Resetting is needed for most tweaks.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Question; I've removed the menu bar and have it running on startup. However, when I receive a call the "Answer" & "Ignore" buttons remain at the bottom even after the call is complete. Do you have this same problem? Otherwise I love the hacks---you solved my side button volume issue with AEButtons that was driving me crazy (it would just select the battery icon!).

Thanks, Dale
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by netdale View Post
    Question; I've removed the menu bar and have it running on startup. However, when I receive a call the "Answer" & "Ignore" buttons remain at the bottom even after the call is complete. Do you have this same problem? Otherwise I love the hacks---you solved my side button volume issue with AEButtons that was driving me crazy (it would just select the battery icon!).

Thanks, Dale

Yes, the problem is related to the "tweak" Palm did. VIJAY555 will write one specifically for treo 750 in the future.

AEButtons is not as good as my free version since AEbuttons only scroll line by line while smartkey will page down/up, esp in pocket IE, in which AEButtons also jump link by link while smartkey will page down/up.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Thanks cellneuron for the hacks! Nice work!
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast