View Poll Results: Do you think those hacks useful?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

156 90.70%
  • No

7 4.07%
  • Sorry, you are destroying my treo 750.

9 5.23%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    You may still use the PHM regedit editor, or tweak2k2 or other commercial tools to tweak your wm5. I just want to introduce a small and free system tweaks tools.

Please download and read the introduction here.

The tool was written for htc wizard, but it also works in treo 750, with only a few exceptions:

1. enable 802.11g won't work since no wifi in treo 750.
    2. Different icon for GPRS/EDGE and disable/enable roaming indicator won't work, for unknown reason.

Install it and say "yes" to all alert windows during launch the application. Resetting is needed for most tweaks.
    downloaded and installed. looks good. now I'm wondering what I should tweak. ie enhance performance is set at 4096 default. what about gyph? etc etc. what did u do on ur treos?
    Installed Control Key Pro, excellent job. I actually initially tried PQZII but couldn't get it to work properly with my Treo 750c. You're tweaked version works well.

One problem I found is that when I enable Control Key Pro my Keyguard function no longer activates. I have it set to activate after 30 second of power off. I even tried to activate it with the Option+power key and it will not activate. As soon as I Exit/turn off Control Key Pro, then my Keyguard starts functioning again.

Is there a program setting within CK Pro that I haven't setup properly or is this a conflict with the two programs?

Thanks for any help. Other than that your program is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by swsquish View Post
    Installed Control Key Pro, excellent job. I actually initially tried PQZII but couldn't get it to work properly with my Treo 750c. You're tweaked version works well.

One problem I found is that when I enable Control Key Pro my Keyguard function no longer activates. I have it set to activate after 30 second of power off. I even tried to activate it with the Option+power key and it will not activate. As soon as I Exit/turn off Control Key Pro, then my Keyguard starts functioning again.

Is there a program setting within CK Pro that I haven't setup properly or is this a conflict with the two programs?

Thanks for any help. Other than that your program is great.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=141003
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)

Thank you so much. I used the ARM version of the gsgetfile.dll, seems to work. That is the correct version for the Treo 750 right? Do you have any idea what this extra program and library file do to allow Keyguard to work?

Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by swsquish View Post
    Thank you so much. I used the ARM version of the gsgetfile.dll, seems to work. That is the correct version for the Treo 750 right? Do you have any idea what this extra program and library file do to allow Keyguard to work?

Thanks again.
    Yes, the arm version is correct. The gsgetfile.dll is a dll that allows an application to "see" other directories besides it's own home directory. It basically allows the Keyhook ctrl panel app to see your devices full directory structure so you can find the ctrl key file to add to the hook.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    7. Remove the battery icon and restore the speaker icon in taskbar. (Post #16) Was nice, but the side effect regarding the volume is just not for me. How can this be undone? Thanks.
  7.    #167  
    delete the batteryindicator.exe under /windows.

what's the side effect?
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    The volume always sticks to zero using the hack and I don't really want to stop the service to manual (why is that service there in the first place?) I can't delete the batteryindicator.exe - even with Total Commander (I was able to overwrite it initially). I even changed the attribute away from read-only. Now, I have my battery icon, but the volume buttons only scroll up and down and don't control the volume at all. Thanks for your help and quick reply!
  9.    #169  
    since you already have the battery icon, you don't have hack 7 any more.

as to the side buttons, it is related to hack 3. if you want to undo it, you just need delete smartkey.exe/smartkey.ini in /programs files/smartkey (also the shortcut). If you use the cab file, just uninstall it.

there is no side effect now for hack 3 and 7 if you applied them well.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Thanks.
    The SmartsKey.ini file is pretty much well documented on how to enable/disable various functions:

[MAIN]
    ; set LSKEY to 1 if you want to override Left Soft Key (DEFAULT 1)
    LSKEY=1
    ; set RSKEY to 1 if you want to override Right Soft Key (DEFAULT 1)
    RSKEY=1
    ; set VOLKEY to 1 if you want to override Volume Key (DEFAULT 1)
    VOLKEY=1
    ; set DPAD to 1 if you want to use dpad to launch call log, contacts in phone app (DEFAULT 1)
    DPAD=1
    ; set CLOSEAPP to 1 if you want to close app instead of hide (DEFAULT 0)
    CLOSEAPP=1
    ; set STARTONREBOOT=1 to 1 if you the program to be start automatically during
    ; reboot, use with RSKEY (DEFAULT 0)
    STARTONREBOOT=1
    ; set VOLUMEONPHONE=1 if you want to set volume using volume key in phone app
    ; use with VOLKEY (DEFAULT 1)
    VOLUMEONPHONE=1
    ; set VOLUMEONTODAY=1 if you want to set volume using volume key in today
    ; use with VOLKEY (DEFAULT 1)
    VOLUMEONTODAY=1
    ; use with lskey, rskey (DEFAULT 1)
    PAGEONEXPLORE=1
    ; set OMAPCLOCK to the clock if you want to use omapclock and automatically
    ; set the clock speed after wakeup, you should put OmapClock.exe in the same
    ; directory of smartskey.exe
    ;OMAPCLOCK=264
    ;REMOVEDUPSDDAEMON=0
    ;STARTMENUMETHOD=0

; if you set CLOSEAPP to 1, the program will hide the following
    ; apps (by title) instead of closing. Other apps will be closed.
    ; maximum can set 16 apps
    [EXCEPTIONLIST]
    APP00=Text Messages
    APP01=Outlook E-mail
    APP02=Hotmail
    APP04=MMS
    APP05=Contacts
    APP06=Calendar
    In this solution,

1. Ctrl key just need click once to activate, click again to disactivate.

2. You can close, close all, restart, lock, turn off LCD, suspend using two clicks on keyboard now.

3. You got another set of hardware buttons to launch your favorite applications. Unlike the option+button which require you press both keys together, you get your familar action here, click one key first, then click another, which make one hand operation better.

4. You got full feature task manager now. You can switch, hide, ignore,close, close all with one click.

5. You can access all your system settings with one click too.

6. You can turn off LCD and lock device while playing music, or power off the device while on a phone, all without any other extra programs.

7. You can add your most frequently used sentences to the power text. Having multiple signatures on the fly is not a dream any more. (updated).

This solution will make full use of your keyboard.

1. Installation

Manual: Same as before. You don't need uninstall the previous version. Downloading the attachment, extract to \program files\PQzII, import the reg files and copy the ctrl key.lnk to \windows\startup

Cab install: Download the cellneuron ctrl key pro cab.zip and run the cab file inside.

You can either restart your device or just click the ctrl key.lnk to start ctrl key.

2. Usage

(1). Activate Ctrl key: click the "alt" in keyboard, you will see a red bar in "start", which indicate the ctrl key is active now. Click it again or click the "enter" will disactivate. (Don't worry about the alternative symbols.)

(2). Input Symbols: Click the alt, then click s on the keyboard (alt + s) will bring up the symbols windows. Selecting the symbol and press "enter" will input the selected symbol. You can input as many symbols as you like before you press "OK" button to exit. The sequence of symbols can be edited in setup page.

(3). task manager: Click "alt" + OK, a task manager windows will popup. Select the task and click "enter" will switch to the task. Other shortcuts after you select task are:
    H: hide this task
    C: always min (no close)
    M: Toggle mask mode
    "OK": cancel the window
    O: close all
    P: close
    del: close current task and quit the task manager

(4). Some predefined shortcuts:
    alt + x: cut
    alt + c: copy
    alt + v: paste
    alt + a: select all
    alt + k: kill current application
    alt + OK: task manger
    alt + 0 (zero): setup
    alt + left softkey: calendar
    alt + right softkey: lock the device and turn off the LCD (you still can listening your music)
    alt + space: power off treo 750 (Phone call will still be on if using bluetooth headset).
    alt + green button: calculator
    alt + start button: spb menu (spb mobile shell is needed)
    alt + R: reboot
    alt + T: (setting) Today (updated)
    alt + M: (Setting) Memory (updated)
    alt + U: (Setting) Uninstall (updated)
    alt + Z: PowerText (updated)

(5). setup: you can modify all those presets as you like. Click alt + 0 (zero) will take you to the setup page.

3. Help:
    PQZII help page: http://www.nicque.com/PQz/DOC/index_e.htm
    Treocentral help: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...99#post1223899
    I am just wondering why the developer choose to use
    Alt key and not choose the right Shift key?
    This way the Alt symbol are preserved as the right Shift key are never use and would be perfect for this great program.
    My experience has been that you cannot change the function of one shift key without messing up the native function of the other. It is as if they are bound somehow. But since they are 2 separate hardware buttons there has to be a way to differentiate. I just haven't figured out how to do so.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    My experience has been that you cannot change the function of one shift key without messing up the native function of the other. It is as if they are bound somehow. But since they are 2 separate hardware buttons there has to be a way to differentiate. I just haven't figured out how to do so.
    Thank You for the answer!
    5. You may miss call because the ringer volume always down to zero. You can avoid it if you know how to turn off the volume service using task manager v2.7. Please download task manager v2.7 or memaid, going to service, find the "volume service (VOL0)", stop it and set as manual it.

Updated: if you go to the notification and open the event of "phone, known caller" or "phone, unknown caller", the ringer volume will always down to zero again, even you don't change anything. Please download the ringtone0.zip and import the reg file if this does happen to you.
    How do I do these two things? Sorry I am a WM newb
    My Treo750 displays the carrier name on the Today screen. I have seen most other phones also display the cellsite location (city/town name) along with carrier name. Is there a way to make the Treo750 display the same?

thanks.
    Mohan.
  17.    #177  
    depends on where you are. Tmobile and cingular in usa doesn't have this service. if you are in Europe, you can receive it using battery status.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    Maybe you found out any idea for this? Because I really need the symbols of the alt key, because I'm using a french keyboard and I need all the punctuations...

Thanks for this excellent tool!
    Sorry but I have not figured this out. It must be a combination of reg changes because all of the single changes I have made changes both buttons.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    How does one map Favorites to a letter on the keyboard in PIE?
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast