View Poll Results: Do you think those hacks useful?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

156 90.70%
  • No

7 4.07%
  • Sorry, you are destroying my treo 750.

9 5.23%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Thank you. I managed to import the file. But I am still getting an error message like:
    PQzII.exe
    cannot open file: digital certificate not reliable... (this is my translation from Italian, so it might be different in English).
    Any suggestion?
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post

Ctrl Key Installation:
    3. import the reg file in the attachment.
    When it comes to my Treo 750, I have no idea what the "import the reg file" step entails. cell, could you please defin in more detail. I understand the need for a reg editor, but what file am I importing, to where, what, etc?

Also, are there any definitions of all the option fields in PQzII? I have no idea what to even touch inside the setup app. I looked at their site and it is not in laymen terms that is even remotely understandable to a non programmer like me.

Thanks in advance, Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by starnoki View Post
    When it comes to my Treo 750, I have no idea what the "import the reg file" step entails. cell, could you please defin in more detail. I understand the need for a reg editor, but what file am I importing, to where, what, etc?
    If you have a registry editor, and it has an import function, the process is simple. When the reg editor asks you to select a file for import, find and select the file that is displayed in the file selection box. The file selection box should only display .reg files. Select it and the contents will be added to the registry automatically.

HTH!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    sweet. Thanks jgold. I got it to import and installed!! I just pointed to the PQzII folder in Reg Editor and....ta-da. Thanks!

Now, in PQzII setup, I have CTRL set to ALT button, ALT set to NONE.

This setting still has the Alt symbols dialog still popping up when I click on ALT key (instead of the red bar indicating Ctrl function). When I change the CTRL setting to SPACE button, I see the red bar, CTRL+C/V copy/paste works, but lose the ability to create a space between words.

Thus, I like the idea of using the ALT key as CTRL. Any suggestions on what PQzII settings I need to set to disable the alt symbols popup and get a red bar indicating CTRL is active?

Thanks,
    Steve
  5.    #125  
    @steve,

the setup page is for advanced users like jgold, please don't go to the setup and change anything before you tried all presets.

now you can import the reg file again and reswt your treo 750. after rebooting, please read the post again and find out what presets aleady did for you. you can try all shortcuts except setup.

good luck.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    The battery icon is evil from palm. There are tons of battery meter which just take 2 pixels on top and free. Most importantly, sometimes you may need the speaker icon to adjust sound using stylus. Spb pocket plus, smartkey and AE button plus also need the speaker icon to adjust volume.

1. Download the attachment, extract it.
    2. Connect your pda to pc
    3. Copy the extracted file to \windows\ of your treo 750 using activesync. When it prompts overwriting, answer is "yes".
    4. Reset your treo 750.
    5. All done.
    When it prompts to overwrite, I get "access denied". Thoughts?
    the setup page is for advanced users like jgold, please don't go to the setup and change anything before you tried all presets.
    Many thanks cell, this solved all problems with CTRL key. I love it...thank you!!
  8.    #128  
    are you using activesync to overwrite?

sometimes you may need task manager v2.7 to stop the batteryindicator.exe before overwriting.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Installed as instructed on Treo750v. But a lot of commands do not work. I see red bar when press ALT, but most of the features do not work (select all, ALT-0 for task list, kill, etc). Only copy, cut, paste (ever select-all does not work) seem to only ones working.

Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNaik View Post
    Installed as instructed on Treo750v. But a lot of commands do not work. I see red bar when press ALT, but most of the features do not work (select all, ALT-0 for task list, kill, etc). Only copy, cut, paste (ever select-all does not work) seem to only ones working.

Why?
    The task list, kill, etc work work for me but when assigned to a ctrl key.

You have to understand that some of these applications are not always tested and work completely for every device due to the changes that OEM's make.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    I am not able to make it work: when I start CTRL Key.lnk I get the following message:

cannot open file: digital certificate not reliable... (this is my translation from Italian, so it might be different in English).

Any suggestion?
    Quote Originally Posted by claudioc66 View Post
    I am not able to make it work: when I start CTRL Key.lnk I get the following message:

Any suggestion?
    Did you install on your SD card? Does it still happen after a soft reset?
  13.    #133  
    @claudioc66
    first you have to install it to main memory as suggested by JGold. second, I didn't sign the program digitally at all, neither did most other programs. you either dismiss each alert one by one or tweak your treo to disable the security check using hack number 8.

Please use the cab file to re-install it.

updated: If your treo 750 is not English version, you may not be able to use this program without modification. Go to the original website and download the program, and tweak it by yourself.
    Last edited by cellneuron; 03/25/2007 at 01:54 PM.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  14.    #134  
    @johnneik

check if you extract all files in the correct path. you should have two subfolder under \program files\pqzii with some exe files and dll files.
    ctrl + a is a system-wide command and is provided by os, so it should work for you. go to notes and type something in a new note, then check if select all (ctrl + a) works or not.

Please use the cab file to re-install it.

updated: If your treo 750 is not English version, you may not be able to use this program without modification. Go to the original website and download the program, and tweak it by yourself.
    Last edited by cellneuron; 03/25/2007 at 01:54 PM.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  15.    #135  
    I made a cab file for the ctrl key pro in post #110. For those who have trouble installing it, you can try the cab file.

You should also use the cab if your ctrl key pro doesn't work normal. Stopping the PQzII before re-installation.

I also updated a little bit about the descriptions.
    Last edited by cellneuron; 03/25/2007 at 01:11 PM.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Reinstalled again (this time via CAB) and it works now. However, Ctrl-A still won't select all in Pocket Informant (tap & hold with styles works).

@cellneuron
    Thank you for modding this app. Good job!
  17.    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNaik View Post
    Reinstalled again (this time via CAB) and it works now. However, Ctrl-A still won't select all in Pocket Informant (tap & hold with styles works).

@cellneuron
    Thank you for modding this app. Good job!
    That's because pocket informant doesn't support ctrl-a.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    updated: If your treo 750 is not English version, you may not be able to use this program without modification. Go to the original website and download the program, and tweak it by yourself.[/QUOTE]

Hi cellneuron, my Treo is Italian. I have downloaded PQzII but I am not sure what I should tweak. do you have step-instruction to follow?
  19.    #139  
    did you try the cab?

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    did you try the cab?
    Yes, I tried it as weel, but I get another error message like
    could not hook the keyboard....

I am now trying to tweak PQzII directly. How do I map the "option" key on the treo?