View Poll Results: Do you think those hacks useful?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

156 90.70%
  • No

7 4.07%
  • Sorry, you are destroying my treo 750.

9 5.23%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    unfortunately I cant get the control key working on my VZW 700wx. Any suggestions for making it work?

Edit - that is using the cab file

Please use the manual installation. I am fixing the cab now.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by sebenpipty View Post
    Having trouble - I have a Cingular 750 w/ Windows 5.0

I tried to install the CTRL hack and now the only change is that a square is missing from the header on all screens (it's about 1/3 cm x 1/3 cm).

I tried to remove the program, but it does not appear in the list. When I try to delete it from the file in the program file section, it says that it is now being shared and cannot be deleted. Bummer. Any thoughts?

Because you didn't install it into the correct path.
    Using task manager v2.7 to find PQzII.exe and kill it, then check if the path is \programs\PQzII, make sure your folder is not \Programs\PQzII\PQzII\.
    Last edited by cellneuron; 03/21/2007 at 01:45 AM.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Anyone know why when I load up the PQZ program, it stops my keyguard from turning on when I power off/on the screen??
  4.    #104  
    I gave it up. Can't make any good cab file. CE cab manager just doesn't work for me. Use the manual installation.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilanoRex View Post
    Anyone know why when I load up the PQZ program, it stops my keyguard from turning on when I power off/on the screen??
    I don't know. I never use the keyguard. I believe it is a piece of junk from Palm.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  6.    #106  
    you are right, the junky keyguard won't be activated. you'd better choose a new lock (tons of freeware, such as vjdevicelock, out there).

Any programs touching the keyboard will be conflict with the "keyguard" from palm, qCAPs is in the same situation which is the reason for the delay of releasing.
    Last edited by cellneuron; 03/25/2007 at 01:17 PM.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Is the option key the center button from the dpad or the black square box on the keyboard itself?
  8.    #108  
    on the keyboard.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    So why does the Cntrl on the KB interfere with the keylock (center dpad button) used to unlock the Treo?
  10.    #110  
    In this solution,

1. Ctrl key just need click once to activate, click again to disactivate.

2. You can close, close all, restart, lock, turn off LCD, suspend using two clicks on keyboard now.

3. You got another set of hardware buttons to launch your favorite applications. Unlike the option+button which require you press both keys together, you get your familar action here, click one key first, then click another, which make one hand operation better.

4. You got full feature task manager now. You can switch, hide, ignore,close, close all with one click.

5. You can access all your system settings with one click too.

6. You can turn off LCD and lock device while playing music, or power off the device while on a phone, all without any other extra programs.

7. You can add your most frequently used sentences to the power text. Having multiple signatures on the fly is not a dream any more. (updated).

This solution will make full use of your keyboard.

1. Installation

Manual: Same as before. You don't need uninstall the previous version. Downloading the attachment, extract to \program files\PQzII, import the reg files and copy the ctrl key.lnk to \windows\startup

Cab install: Download the cellneuron ctrl key pro cab.zip and run the cab file inside.

You can either restart your device or just click the ctrl key.lnk to start ctrl key.

2. Usage

(1). Activate Ctrl key: click the "alt" in keyboard, you will see a red bar in "start", which indicate the ctrl key is active now. Click it again or click the "enter" will disactivate. (Don't worry about the alternative symbols.)

(2). Input Symbols: Click the alt, then click s on the keyboard (alt + s) will bring up the symbols windows. Selecting the symbol and press "enter" will input the selected symbol. You can input as many symbols as you like before you press "OK" button to exit. The sequence of symbols can be edited in setup page.

(3). task manager: Click "alt" + OK, a task manager windows will popup. Select the task and click "enter" will switch to the task. Other shortcuts after you select task are:
    H: hide this task
    C: always min (no close)
    M: Toggle mask mode
    "OK": cancel the window
    O: close all
    P: close
    del: close current task and quit the task manager

(4). Some predefined shortcuts:
    alt + x: cut
    alt + c: copy
    alt + v: paste
    alt + a: select all
    alt + k: kill current application
    alt + OK: task manger
    alt + 0 (zero): setup
    alt + left softkey: calendar
    alt + right softkey: lock the device and turn off the LCD (you still can listening your music)
    alt + space: power off treo 750 (Phone call will still be on if using bluetooth headset).
    alt + green button: calculator
    alt + start button: spb menu (spb mobile shell is needed)
    alt + R: reboot
    alt + T: (setting) Today (updated)
    alt + M: (Setting) Memory (updated)
    alt + U: (Setting) Uninstall (updated)
    alt + Z: PowerText (updated)

(5). setup: you can modify all those presets as you like. Click alt + 0 (zero) will take you to the setup page.

3. Help:
    PQZII help page: http://www.nicque.com/PQz/DOC/index_e.htm
    Treocentral help: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...99#post1223899
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cellneuron; 03/25/2007 at 01:19 PM.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Let me be the first to say...this is very nice and very useful. Going to test various features and make sure it doesn't break some other things (ie. Palm keylock).

Thank you.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Let me be the first to say...this is very nice and very useful. Going to test various features and make sure it doesn't break some other things (ie. Palm keylock).

Thank you.
    Thanks. Actually it does break keyguard, which is the reason I include the devicelock. qCAPs or other keyboard mapping softwares will all break the keylock.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I just dont get it. If the dpad center button unlocks keylock, then why does this app mess it up if all your touching is the black "function" key?
    My quess is that the pqz app constantly scans the keyboard for a keypress or combo that it recognizes. That process probably doesn't let the Palm lock activate.

Just a guess.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  15.    #115  
    My quess is that the pqz app constantly scans the keyboard for a keypress or combo that it recognizes. That process probably doesn't let the Palm lock activate.

Just a guess.
    The lock can be activated if you press option+red button, but it will be deactivated quickly by PQz.

@RichTJ99
    Since the keyguard won't be really lock anything (you can try to play with your keyboard after the keyguard is activated.), why do you want to keep it? If you have spb mobile shell installed, I suggest you can use the now screen, which can only be dismissed by the softkeys. Otherwise, there are a lot of devicelocks to let you choose, all of which are free and less than 20KB.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    The lock can be activated if you press option+red button, but it will be deactivated quickly by PQz.

@RichTJ99
    Since the keyguard won't be really lock anything (you can try to play with your keyboard after the keyguard is activated.), why do you want to keep it? If you have spb mobile shell installed, I suggest you can use the now screen, which can only be dismissed by the softkeys. Otherwise, there are a lot of devicelocks to let you choose, all of which are free and less than 20KB.
    The only thing I don't like about VijayDeviceLock is turning on the device after a lock is now a three step process: Turn device on, press left soft key, then tap screen (or do a ctrl Z for *). There doesn't seem to be any command prompt to skip that final process.

The palm process, as flawed as it is, only requires a power on then a center press. I haven't mashed the keyboard too much so I usually don't have a problem there.

Is there any other screen lock solution that requires 2 steps only (turn on and keypress)?

EDIT: Looking into Armstrom's version of device lock (XDA) ---- Edit 2: Works the same as Vijay
    Last edited by JGold; 03/22/2007 at 07:54 PM.
  17.    #117  
    The only thing I don't like about VijayDeviceLock is turning on the device after a lock is now a three step process: Turn device on, press left soft key, then tap screen (or do a ctrl Z for *). There doesn't seem to be any command prompt to skip that final process.

The palm process, as flawed as it is, only requires a power on then a center press. I haven't mashed the keyboard too much so I usually don't have a problem there.

Is there any other screen lock solution that requires 2 steps only (turn on and keypress)?

EDIT: Looking into Armstrom's version of device lock (XDA) ---- Edit 2: Works the same as Vijay
    That's the problem from MS. I don't know any other device lock. I don't use device lock at all (The Now screen from mobile shell is good enough for me ). In HTC 8125, using the left softkey start the device will only require two steps, but the softkeys are locked by Palm to power on devices, so no luck here.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    PHM screensaver app
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I am trying to install the CTRL Key, but in the installation process I am missing the step "import the reg files".
    What is the meaning, and how do I do this??
  20.    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by claudioc66 View Post
    I am trying to install the CTRL Key, but in the installation process I am missing the step "import the reg files".
    What is the meaning, and how do I do this??

You need install a registry editor to import it. Try resco explorer if you are TOO new to registry. Please install resco explorer using the windows installer so that it will install the registry addon for you.
    Last edited by cellneuron; 03/25/2007 at 01:10 PM.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast