View Poll Results: Do you think those hacks useful?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

156 90.70%
  • No

7 4.07%
  • Sorry, you are destroying my treo 750.

9 5.23%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Do you know the reg edits for the control key? I am not to jazzed about installing software, but playing with the reg is perfect!
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Do you know the reg edits for the control key? I am not to jazzed about installing software, but playing with the reg is perfect!
    It is in post #54.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    It is in post #54.
    I don't think that's what he means. The entries in #53 are specific for the functionality of PQZ_II. The CTRL functionality is based off the PQZ app, not registry changes (at least as far as I can see).
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Thanks a ton!!! I had been dying to get rid of that useless battery icon!!
    The voluming buttons on side are big waste from palm, which can only be used for adjusting volumes.

After my modification:
    1. The voluming buttons will be same as before (adjusting volume) in today, phone or during a call.
    2. In pocket internet explorer, it will page down/up. You still can use the up/down keys to jump from one link to the next link.
    3. In all other applications, it will page down/up while up/down keys will scroll one line up/down.

Method:

1. Remove the battery icon first, using the method in post #16 of this thread.

2. Please download the attachment and unzip to anywhere in devices (not storage card), and run the exe file. It will add itself to autoRun list after reboot. (Please redownload the attachment, or modify the STARTONREBOOT=0 to STARTONREBOOT=1 in the ini file, save it and restart the exe.)

3. If you are using AE button plus, you can assign the up/down to volume slides. Check "using the slides in today/phone/in call" in the menu. Updated: This method won't provide page down/up, which is no use in PIE. Use the attachment, please.

That's it.
    Any way to build in other exceptions for this? With this hack, the volume keys don't work in WMP or PocketPlayer
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Any way to build in other exceptions for this? With this hack, the volume keys don't work in WMP or PocketPlayer
    I know, but in WMP, you can map the volume control to up/down, which is much better than using the side buttons.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I know, but in WMP, you can map the volume control to up/down, which is much better than using the side buttons.
    No it isn't, especially when you use the PHM screensaver app to turn off and lock the screen and still want to control volume

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    Thanks a ton!!! I had been dying to get rid of that useless battery icon!!
    You think the Palm battery icon is useless? You should see the one that HTC provides, now that was truly useless. The Palm battery icon at least has more increments in it and is more accurate than the on my KJAM.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Thanks, cellneuron, for all the hacks! i heart cellneuron.
    Can I just get rid of the battery icon without having the sound icon show up?
  11.    #71  
    No it isn't, especially when you use the PHM screensaver app to turn off and lock the screen and still want to control volume
    So the screensaver won't lock the volume slide as well? I don't understand your question, sorry about it.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    You think the Palm battery icon is useless? You should see the one that HTC provides, now that was truly useless. The Palm battery icon at least has more increments in it and is more accurate than the on my KJAM.
    Which icon? In my HTC 8125, HTC only provides smartdialing.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Which icon? In my HTC 8125, HTC only provides smartdialing.
    The battery icon in the task bar.
  14.    #74  
    you mean status bar or title bar? i removed all my status bar so that i never saw it. as to the title bar, it belongs to ms.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    you mean status bar or title bar? i removed all my status bar so that i never saw it. as to the title bar, it belongs to ms.
    Title bar. The battery icon was customized by (in your words) by "the evil Palm" , but it more accurate than what was on the Wizard.
    So the screensaver won't lock the volume slide as well? I don't understand your question, sorry about it.
    No problem

Yes, when you use the PHM Screensaver app the volume keys are still operational, so you can control the volume up/down with the volume keys while the screen is locked and off, but this doesn't work with the smartskey hack unfortunately (and negates the ease of use of the volume keys in WMP or other media apps with/without the screen on)

Some might find it useful however (it does work nicely in PIE, but at a cost)

17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Title bar. The battery icon was customized by (in your words) by "the evil Palm" , but it more accurate than what was on the Wizard.

Can it be more accurate than the one on spb mobile shell? In HTC wizard, the battery icon on the title bar is the standard icon from wm5.

I know what you are talking about. But there are tons of free battery meter which reside on the top of title bar (like the one in pocket plus), which are far more accurate than the one from Palm and doesn't cover speaker icon.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Can it be more accurate than the one on spb mobile shell? In HTC wizard, the battery icon on the title bar is the standard icon from wm5.

I know what you are talking about. But there are tons of free battery meter which reside on the top of title bar (like the one in pocket plus), which are far more accurate than the one from Palm and doesn't cover speaker icon.
    Yep. I use the battery meter with iLauncher too. However, sometimes the color of the theme I choose to use makes the bar difficult to read. I have also used some freeware battery meters on my KJAM from XDA-developers.
  19.    #79  
    No problem

Yes, when you use the PHM Screensaver app the volume keys are still operational, so you can control the volume up/down with the volume keys while the screen is locked and off, but this doesn't work with the smartskey hack unfortunately (and negates the ease of use of the volume keys in WMP or other media apps with/without the screen on)

Some might find it useful however (it does work nicely in PIE, but at a cost)
    Got you. It's actually a bug in PHM screensaver which doesn't lock the screen well. If you just want to turn off the LCD, you can go to wmp->options->buttons->toggle screen and map a key to it (keyboard keys, volume slide and button hold are also supported.)

Anyway, I need the buttons to skip/stop/pause/rate my music, so I only turn off LCD and don't lock.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Got you. It's actually a bug in PHM screensaver which doesn't lock the screen well. If you just want to turn off the LCD, you can go to wmp->options->buttons->toggle screen and map a key to it (keyboard keys, volume slide and button hold are also supported.)
    What I don't like about that solution is that you have to be in the media app to toggle the screen. That's of course, assuming that your media player allows the function buttons to work inside or out the application. I, of course, don't allow media player buttons to work outside the app, they can conflict with other things.

Anyway, I need the buttons to skip/stop/pause/rate my music, so I only turn off LCD and don't lock.
    Not a problem with A2DP.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast