View Poll Results: Do you think those hacks useful?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

156 90.70%
  • No

7 4.07%
  • Sorry, you are destroying my treo 750.

9 5.23%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    Adding some keyboard shortcuts to PIE can greatly increase the one hand operation of PIE.

Download the attachment and import the keymaps.reg. You don't need restart your treo, just restart pocket internet explorer.

Preset:
    E : page up
    D : page down
    T : top
    G : ground

P : Pictures toggle
    space : full screen toggle

U : horizonal Page up
    I : horizonal Page down
    J : horizonal top
    K : horizonal down

x : Default layout
    C : Desktop layout
    V : One column layout

You can change it as you like following the description in the attachment.

Credits go to here and here.

I've already done the same for Opera browser, for easy one hand operation.

The commands added are in the last section and are self explanatory.

Just replace the file input.ini with the attached one.

Obviously you can edit it to fit your needs
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Is there any way to get the battery status indicator back?? It doesnt play nice with PhoneAlarm..
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilanoRex View Post
    Is there any way to get the battery status indicator back?? It doesnt play nice with PhoneAlarm..

Please go to \windows\ and delete the batteryindicator.exe and reset.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Please go to \windows\ and delete the batteryindicator.exe and reset.
    Wow, that worked without even resetting.. Thanks! All other tweaks work great!
  5.    #45  
    CTRL key is very important for all keyboard based devices, not just copy/paste/cut/select all. There is no CTRL key in treo 750, EVIL Palm, screwed us again.

Fortunately it is no so difficult to add the CTRL key.

Installation:

Manual:
    1. Download the attachment in this post.
    2. extract to \program files\PQzII
    (the directory must be
    \program files\PQzII with 4 files, you should not have another PQzII folder under it.)
    3. import the reg file in the attachment.
    4. Copy the shortcut(Ctry Key.lnk) to \windows\startup.

Cab: install the cab.

Enable CTRL Key. It is easy, just click the option key three times. You will notice the indicator turns into RED, which means the CTRL Key is ON, you can then click A, which will be "ctrl + a" (select all).

Copy: Ctrl +C
    Paste: Ctrl +v
    Cut: Ctrl + x
    Select ALL: Ctrl +A

Cancel CTRL Key: press "enter" key.

The original program is written by GSH and called PQZII. I stripped it and repacked. You can find more information here: http://www.nicque.com/PQz/PQzII.htm

For advanced user, I encourage you go to download the full version at post #110, which has much more features, such as:

System: close, close all, restart, suspend (ctrl + some char you like)
    Setting: all settings applet using ctrl + char
    Programs: any programs using ctrl + char, now you can use your keyboard to launch programs
    Power words: your most frequently used sentence can be saved and retrieved by ctrl + char

For Chinese/korean/Japanese users, this program can also switch your input method with one key combination.

Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cellneuron; 03/25/2007 at 01:00 PM.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  6.    #46  
    Wow, that worked without even resetting.. Thanks! All other tweaks work great!
    If you don't need the clock in title bar, you can change the clock into battery while still keep the speaker icon.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    You dont know how long i've wanted a Control button on my Treo! Now the only thing I miss is a DELETE button! Is there any way to switch the backspace button to Delete and have Function+Backspace=Backspace? I think that would finish up the Treo pretty well.
  8.    #48  
    You dont know how long i've wanted a Control button on my Treo! Now the only thing I miss is a DELETE button! Is there any way to switch the backspace button to Delete and have Function+Backspace=Backspace? I think that would finish up the Treo pretty well.
    Yes, it is doable. You can use the PQZII to do it, it is too late now, tell me if you didn't figure it out.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    The Gsh-cellneuron PQzII.cab wont install.. it keeps saying "Installation of Gsh-cellneuron PQzII.cab was unsuccessful." even after resets.. any idea?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    hey cell, got another question about the dial pad...okay when i answer a call i see the dial pad, but it disappears....i tried to bring up the dail pad from the menu, but all i get is the ugly treo one...how do i get the other dial pad back...i get that screen of call in progress...thanks in advanced..
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    You can do it a lot of method, but turning off the LCD is not the best way. You can suspend the PDA completely while keep the call on.

I attached the suspend.exe from PHM, you can put it anywhere, make a shortcut to \windows\start menu\programs, and assign it to a hardware button, I used the side hold.

When the call end, the unit will power on itself. You can use any green button to power on the treo 750 during a call.

This is not orginal, just in case some people may overlook it.

This one does suspend my 700wx, but it also mutes the call. The call does stay active, but muted.
    CTRL key is very important for all keyboard based devices, not just copy/paste/cut/select all. There is no CTRL key in treo 750, EVIL Palm, screwed us again.

Fortunately it is no so difficult to add the CTRL key.

Installation: Please download the attachment and install the cab file. Reset your device. After reboot, You will find an indicator (blue) in Start, which is CTRL key.
    I attempted to install the .cab you provided. The install fails. Security is off on my device.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    I attempted to install the .cab you provided. The install fails. Security is off on my device.
    Give me five minuates to figure it out. At the same time, please download the attachment in this post, extract to \program files\PQzII, import the reg file in the attachment, and copy the shortcut to \windows\startup.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    This one does suspend my 700wx, but it also mutes the call. The call does stay active, but muted.
    I will work a better solution later for 700wx.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  15.    #55  
    Please try the download again, let me know the error ASAP.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  16.    #56  
    The Gsh-cellneuron PQzII.cab wont install.. it keeps saying "Installation of Gsh-cellneuron PQzII.cab was unsuccessful." even after resets.. any idea?

Try download it again and reinstall it.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    hey cell, got another question about the dial pad...okay when i answer a call i see the dial pad, but it disappears....i tried to bring up the dail pad from the menu, but all i get is the ugly treo one...how do i get the other dial pad back...i get that screen of call in progress...thanks in advanced..
    So far, you can't get the original dialpad back in today, call in progress and inbox because the phone application from palm take the priority away.

Sorry, this hack is just for show and fun, may not be very useful because of the limitation of treo 750.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Try download it again and reinstall it.
    I installed it based on your instructions. No problem.

I question the usefulness of this only because it is a PIA to disable the ctrl function. If I quickly press ctrl 3 times, the ctrl is active. To disable the ctrl mode, you have to press multiple times again OR start typing in which case the first character you type isn't registered and basically serves to disable the ctrl function.

Well, I gave it a try. I don't need ctrl function that often (and when I do I know how to enable this app). Thanks anyways.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  19.    #59  
    Please report back any feedback, good or bad, thanks.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    I installed it based on your instructions. No problem.

I question the usefulness of this only because it is a PIA to disable the ctrl function. If I quickly press ctrl 3 times, the ctrl is active. To disable the ctrl mode, you have to press multiple times again OR start typing in which case the first character you type isn't registered and basically serves to disable the ctrl function.

Well, I gave it a try. I don't need ctrl function that often (and when I do I know how to enable this app). Thanks anyways.
    Can you try if the cab works? thanks

To disable the ctrl mode, just press "enter".

Treo 750 hacks thread.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast