View Poll Results: Do you think those hacks useful?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

156 90.70%
  • No

7 4.07%
  • Sorry, you are destroying my treo 750.

9 5.23%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
    Is there a hack to remove the contact section from the Today screen (the one under the Carrier/Bluetooth section)?
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToonFan View Post
    Is there a hack to remove the contact section from the Today screen (the one under the Carrier/Bluetooth section)?
    On today click "Menu", then Preferences and check Hide lookup field
    Quote Originally Posted by miloszz View Post
    On today click "Menu", then Preferences and check Hide lookup field
    Thanks (he said embarassingly at such an easy solution).......
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    Hi. Would this work on a Motorola Q9H smartphone? Thanks.
    How do I uninstall your code? I removed the files, but it seems a reference is still in the autoRun list...

Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    The voluming buttons on side are big waste from palm, which can only be used for adjusting volumes.

After my modification:
    1. The voluming buttons will be same as before (adjusting volume) in today, phone or during a call.
    2. In pocket internet explorer, it will page down/up. You still can use the up/down keys to jump from one link to the next link.
    3. In all other applications, it will page down/up while up/down keys will scroll one line up/down.

Method:

1. Remove the battery icon first, using the method in post #16 of this thread. Warning: You may miss call because the ringer volume always down to zero if you didn't turn off the volume service from palm properly.

2. Please download the attachment and unzip to anywhere in devices (not storage card), and run the exe file. It will add itself to autoRun list after reboot. (Please redownload the attachment, or modify the STARTONREBOOT=0 to STARTONREBOOT=1 in the ini file, save it and restart the exe.)

3. If you don't need the side buttons to adjust volume at all, you don't even need the attachment or any extra softwares. Please use the hack 11 and map the page up/down to side buttons.

That's it.
    you will need a utility suite such as memmaid to remove it...i think.
    thanks
    Hi i have tried to overwrite the batteryi ndicator file but am unable to do so as the original file is write protected. Any soloutions
  9. jsy
    Hi, pls help me. i think i ruined my phone. i cannot change my ringtones in the sound application, the only way to change the ringtones is only through the registry editor.

somebody help pls.. tx
    Quote Originally Posted by jsy View Post
    Hi, pls help me. i think i ruined my phone. i cannot change my ringtones in the sound application, the only way to change the ringtones is only through the registry editor.

somebody help pls.. tx
    Hard Reset and restore your last good working backup.
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html
    [QUOTE=cellneuron;1344689]Using mortscript, I packed some codes in this hack file.

[B "Mute" will also be displayed behind your carrier name in Today page.

Hi cellneuron
    is it possible to have this one displayed only without the 3 sec display when turninn the devie on?

thanks a lot
    peter
    I'd like to add my discovery!

Using a regedit tool, preferably one that you install on the treo as opposed to mobile registry editor, look at

\HKCU\ControlPanel\Keybd

There is InitialDelay and RepeatRate keys in there, which control exactly what they say they do. You can change these and then soft reset the phone to change the keyboard repeat rate and initial delay!

Not sure if there's just a setting for this somewhere on the Treo but I know I couldn't find it
    The 10MB extra can be reclaimed easily. Going to \windows\, hide the files in ROM, then delete those files from Palm, such as *.pxp, all files beginning with qt_, realplayer.exe and help files and all files like oem_xxxx.htm. Also delete those files in \programs files, such as cingular video, getgoods.

can u please help me with step by step how to do this. thnx
    I installed your hack for Treo 750 Screen (Callinprogress) I now get a popup that appears after waking up my device that says, Notification Error, Cannot execute \Program\Files\Mortscript.exe. I need help as I wish to totally delete this hack that has done nothing but screw up my device. Please help asap.

Using mortscript, I packed some codes in this hack file.

Using this hack, you can turn off screen during a call and receive a constant reminder while your phone is muted

1. When speaker hardware switch is in mute state or system volume is zero, a window will popup to remind you each time when the device wakes up. The window will disappear after 3 secs. "Mute" will also be displayed behind your carrier name in Today page.

2. When a call is in progress, a window will popup to ask for turning off display (if using phoneset or wired headset) or powering off (if using BT headset). You will not be bothered by this window if you are using tomtom navigator while a call is in progress.

3. The default action will be implemented after timeout, so that you don't have to make any choices. In theory, the screen will be turned off 30 secs after a call is initialized.

Installation.

1. For those who has no mortscript installed or the version is lower than 4.01b21, please use the cab.

2. For those advanced users, I zipped the mscrs. You may need edit the path to make it work.

Thanks Hannip and scotty for the nice helps.
    Sounds like you just don't have Mortscript installed. The hack looks to be script based, but can't run without the interpreter to execute it.

It even says in the "installation" to install the latest mortscript.

No clue how to remove it though. Not my hack.
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html
    Hey, maybe you can help me, (and a lot of people needing this too).

I need a sms counter, but all the commercial sms counter (phonealarm, Kai's, Sms counter, and others) can only read the outgoing sms from the "usual" sms storage location in WM wich is different from the Treo 750 storage location, being this said, none of this sms counters work on the Treo 750.

Is there a way to change the storage location to the "usual" sms storage location or make a hack that copy an outgoing sms to the "usual" storage location?

I really hope you can help me with this issue.

Greettings
    Vorguees
    Hi. It would be very helpful for me to have the flexibility to re-assign the upper (left and right) hard buttons of the Treo 750v keyboard. I'm running WM6 and when I install the Paragon Language extender for Greek (legally purchased), the hard buttons mentioned -as well as the side upper-lower buttons- are assigned to type letters instead of open the apps assigned. Since paragon doesn't have any solution to that, I was thinking to re-assign the hard buttons after the LEng installation. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by singhnx View Post
    Just as an FYI and additional information ... This does NOT work under WM6. It works perfectly under WM5 however.
    To change the voicemail from a text speed dial to a picture speed dial. You don't need to do a registry hack.

1)create a new contact called Voicemail in your contact with pictures.
    2)Click on (in today screen right softkey). go to the speed dial options.
    3) highlight the voicemail button and choose menu, then choose edit.
    4) click on the link on the top and choose the new Voicemail contact you created
    5) choose picture speed dial. then press OK.
    The battery icon is evil from palm. There are tons of battery meter which just take 2 pixels on top and free. Most importantly, sometimes you may need the speaker icon to adjust sound using stylus. Spb pocket plus, smartkey and AE button plus also need the speaker icon to adjust volume.

1. Download the attachment, extract it.
    2. Connect your pda to pc
    3. Copy the extracted file to \windows\ of your treo 750 using activesync. When it prompts overwriting, answer is "yes".
    4. Reset your treo 750.
    5. You may miss call because the ringer volume always down to zero. You can avoid it if you know how to turn off the volume service using task manager v2.7. Please download task manager v2.7 or memaid, going to service, find the "volume service (VOL0)", stop it and set as manual it.
    6. All done.

Updated: if you go to the notification and open the event of "phone, known caller" or "phone, unknown caller", the ringer volume will always down to zero again, even you don't change anything. Please download the ringtone0.zip and import the reg file if this does happen to you.
    New bloke so please forgive the ignorance if this is obvious to the rest of you but what do you do if the unit says the battery icon is in the rom? And I have to agree the thing is flippin evil!
    Thankyou for your new bloke tolerance.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112