View Poll Results: Do you think those hacks useful?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

156 90.70%
  • No

7 4.07%
  • Sorry, you are destroying my treo 750.

9 5.23%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
  1.    #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT View Post
    When I unlock the extended rom, there are two files in the partition directory comprising 4.8M....CapPackage.PXP and CarrierDB.PXP.

Are they necessary files?

No, you can delete them.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I deleted the .pxp-files in both /windows/ and the extended-rom. but after a reset they are back again....
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    The battery icon is evil from palm. There are tons of battery meter which just take 2 pixels on top and free. Most importantly, sometimes you may need the speaker icon to adjust sound using stylus. Spb pocket plus, smartkey and AE button plus also need the speaker icon to adjust volume.

1. Download the attachment, extract it.
    2. Connect your pda to pc
    3. Copy the extracted file to \windows\ of your treo 750 using activesync. When it prompts overwriting, answer is "yes".
    I can't seem to perform this operation on my Cingular 750. I get the "Confirm File Replace" dialog, tap the "Yes" button, then get an "Error Moving File" dialog telling me that "acess is denied" (I'm assuming the target file in /windows is read-only).

I've tried the copy operation via ActiveSync, and when that didn't work, copied the file into /temp on my 750, then tried to copy it using File Manager on the device -- same result.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Never mind... solved it. Can't copy over read-only files locally on device. Can't copy over read-only files using a Windows Vista host and the new app/service "Windows Mobile Device Center".

Can overwrite read-only files using ActiveSync on Windows XP.

As for the hack, AWESOME!!!! I'm assuming the code for this is already in the TREO, as the size of the hack is a mere 20 bytes. One wonders why Palm hid this rather than supporting it. The UI restriction handling volume only through the rocker on the side is absolutely idiotic. I've been looking for a hack for some time to disable this, as both my wife and I routinely eld up turning the ringer volume all the way down when the phone is ringing and being retrieved from a purse, pocket, etc. to answer.

This hack rocks, rocks, ROCKS!!!
    Last edited by dwallersv; 08/22/2007 at 12:05 PM. Reason: solved problem
    3. If you don't need the side buttons to adjust volume at all, you don't even need the attachment or any extra softwares. Please use the hack 11 and map the page up/down to side buttons.
    This describes me. I followed the instructions in post #16 (replace battery indicator with volume indicator) without problems. Then, I followed the instructions in post #110 (install cellneuron CTRL Key Pro), again seemingly without probems, and expected functionality.

With one exception: I can't figure out where in PQZII setup to map the side volume buttons to page up/down. The volume buttons don't do anything at the moment, and I'd like that scrolling functionality.

Any suggestions, anyone?

EDIT: Never mind on this one too... figured it out. For others that might be stuck here, the mappings are accomplished with the "Code" tab in PQzII Setup; PGUP function is called "PRIOR", PGDN is called "NEXT".

To get scrolling mapping set up for the volume buttons, add these mappings to the "Code" tab an make sure it's enabled by checking the "Use this function" checkbox:

Code:
    In   In     Out  Out
    none VOL-U  none PRIOR
    none VOL-D  none NEXT
    Last edited by dwallersv; 08/22/2007 at 02:39 PM.
    The side button can only be hold to launch applications, which is evil copy from palm's treo 650. Fortunately you can easily get it back.

1. import the tweak from the attachment. (or use the cab file.)

2. reset treo 750, and then set the program as you do with other buttons in system settings.
    How can i uninstall this, it doesnt appear in my list of remove apps
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125

2. Usage

(2). Input Symbols: Click the alt, then click s on the keyboard (alt + s) will bring up the symbols windows. Selecting the symbol and press "enter" will input the selected symbol. You can input as many symbols as you like before you press "OK" button to exit. The sequence of symbols can be edited in setup page.
    Are these symbols the same ones that appear on the keyboard?

thanks
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    found this one here over at ppcgeeks.com and thought would be worth to add to the list. it allows to change the voicemail number or completely modify/delete the voicemail button from the homescreen/speeddial plugin. works on all treos.

Use a registry editor and change the registry value "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Palm\Varnish\SpeedDialPlugin\VoiceMail\IngoreSIM" to 1 (decimal value)

Then change the value of "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Palm\Varnish\SpeedDialPlugin\VoiceMail\Deletable"
    to 1 (decimal value)

Then go to the Speedial options
    Click on "Voicemail" button to edit it and select a contact with a Photo
    Click option for Picture speed dial
    Voicemail is now gone, and u are left with only your contact picture speeddials
    Hi.

If there a way to set different keys for copy/cut/paste instead of ctrl-c/x/p? Or better yet, a suggestion is to latter have pop a window to pick whether to copy/cut/paste?
    look into magikblite for this + keycaps functionality!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by nehvada View Post
    found this one here over at ppcgeeks.com and thought would be worth to add to the list. it allows to change the voicemail number or completely modify/delete the voicemail button from the homescreen/speeddial plugin. works on all treos.

Use a registry editor and change the registry value "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Palm\Varnish\SpeedDialPlugin\VoiceMail\IngoreSIM" to 1 (decimal value)

Then change the value of "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Palm\Varnish\SpeedDialPlugin\VoiceMail\Deletable"
    to 1 (decimal value)

Then go to the Speedial options
    Click on "Voicemail" button to edit it and select a contact with a Photo
    Click option for Picture speed dial
    Voicemail is now gone, and u are left with only your contact picture speeddials
    Just as an FYI and additional information ... This does NOT work under WM6. It works perfectly under WM5 however.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNaik View Post
    Hi.

If there a way to set different keys for copy/cut/paste instead of ctrl-c/x/p? Or better yet, a suggestion is to latter have pop a window to pick whether to copy/cut/paste?
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    look into magikblite for this + keycaps functionality!
    It'll be good to have popping up a window to pick cut/copy/paste here instead of having to use another app
    i tried all of it, almost everything work, i cannot manage to hide the operator logo though im running in wm6

can someone assist me?

btw is it possible to hack the green button to be used as regular phonepad with smartdial??
    Last edited by ppcaddiction; 09/12/2007 at 10:13 AM.
  13.    #213  
    Using mortscript, I packed some codes in this hack file.

Using this hack, you can turn off screen during a call and receive a constant reminder while your phone is muted

1. When speaker hardware switch is in mute state or system volume is zero, a window will popup to remind you each time when the device wakes up. The window will disappear after 3 secs. "Mute" will also be displayed behind your carrier name in Today page.

2. When a call is in progress, a window will popup to ask for turning off display (if using phoneset or wired headset) or powering off (if using BT headset). You will not be bothered by this window if you are using tomtom navigator while a call is in progress.

3. The default action will be implemented after timeout, so that you don't have to make any choices. In theory, the screen will be turned off 30 secs after a call is initialized.

Installation.

1. For those who has no mortscript installed or the version is lower than 4.01b21, please use the cab.

2. For those advanced users, I zipped the mscrs. You may need edit the path to make it work.

Thanks Hannip and scotty for the nice helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cellneuron; 09/12/2007 at 03:26 PM.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  14.    #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by ppcaddiction View Post
    i tried all of it, almost everything work, i cannot manage to hide the operator logo though im running in wm6

can someone assist me?

btw is it possible to hack the green button to be used as regular phonepad with smartdial??

Once you enable the default dialpad, the green button will use the regular phonepad with smartdial as long as the active windows is not Today or inbox.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Where do I import the ring0 reg file too?

The battery icon is evil from palm. There are tons of battery meter which just take 2 pixels on top and free. Most importantly, sometimes you may need the speaker icon to adjust sound using stylus. Spb pocket plus, smartkey and AE button plus also need the speaker icon to adjust volume.

1. Download the attachment, extract it.
    2. Connect your pda to pc
    3. Copy the extracted file to \windows\ of your treo 750 using activesync. When it prompts overwriting, answer is "yes".
    4. Reset your treo 750.
    5. You may miss call because the ringer volume always down to zero. You can avoid it if you know how to turn off the volume service using task manager v2.7. Please download task manager v2.7 or memaid, going to service, find the "volume service (VOL0)", stop it and set as manual it.
    6. All done.

Updated: if you go to the notification and open the event of "phone, known caller" or "phone, unknown caller", the ringer volume will always down to zero again, even you don't change anything. Please download the ringtone0.zip and import the reg file if this does happen to you.
    Cellneuron, I tried to install the CAB on my Treo 750V with Italian WM6. I do not have mortsript installed, and I get the error message that it cannot find mortscript.exe.
    do I have to install it then?
    Cellneuron, I have disintsalled Hack12, but I keep on getting the error message. How can I get rid of it
    thanks
    The Palm get a crappy dialpad from treo 650 to replace the beautiful phone application from wm5 (wm6 is even better, hope palm will abandon their own crappy phone application and use the builtin one. keep my finger crossed.).

You can get the builtin dialpad back. It will work in everywhere (except today and email) by clicking the green button. Unfortunately the smartdial in wm5 is provided by HTC, so that I can't post it here. In WM6, the smartdial is provided by ms.

Using your favorite registry editor, go to HKLm\security\phone\skin\

change the value of "Enabled" from 1 to 0, reset.

This hack may cause some conflicts with the phone application from Palm, so do it at your risk. Actually it is mainly for fun, since smartdial is not available legally.
    I tried this hack and although I prefer to have it on my phone I had to take it off.

1. It disabled the ability to turn the speaker phone on and off from the right soft key.

2. The phone screen was hard to get to and it doesn't work from the today screen (I have no idea why they hell you will do that).

What we need is something like 2dial for the palm OS. Having no indication and control over a phone call is like driving blind.
    I liked the side button hack specially useful to me. I would like to keep it even with WM6. Other hacks are useful too. What of these hacks still work with WM6???
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Before you modify your Battery Indicator to disappear would someone please find a way to post the original file that was included. It seems that even after installing the new WM6 ROM from ATT that this hack still carried through. So if someone would post that file or a link to it that would be awesome! Thanks ahead of time!
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast