View Poll Results: Do you think those hacks useful?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

156 90.70%
  • No

7 4.07%
  • Sorry, you are destroying my treo 750.

9 5.23%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Hi all, do you know if someone fixed this: (or some existing hack or you know how to do that, maybe with some registry tweak only)
    Treo 750v camera app:
    - Implicit mode "Burst" instead of "Normal" (or no need to confirm each photo with OK in Normal mode)
    - No "Brightness=max" entering camera app, i.e. I do not want the camera app to modify screen brightness especially to max setting. But changing the brightness camera app sets to some other value than "max" would be also ok
    Hi,
    Just got my treo 750...

Looking to do a few things... by hacks or programs...

1) Make the ringer MUCH LOUDER.
    2) Remove Active Sync & Inbox from Start Menu.
    3) Remove/Replace the E-mail button on the bottom of the Today Screen.
    4) Use Speed Dial Buttons to dial a "Service Code".

Thanks for everything!

Severedhead
    Is there any way to make the left soft key on the today screen going STRAIGHT to SMS without having to open a Pop-up where it says SMS and Email and choose SMS...

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Is there any way to add keyboard shortcuts for pocket outlook? For example, hit "R" for reply, "D" for delete?
    Regarding removing the soft menu bar below on the Treo 750's Today screen coming back after a received call:

Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    Yes, the problem is related to the "tweak" Palm did. VIJAY555 will write one specifically for treo 750 in the future.
    I skimmed the whole thread, but I guess there's no solution for this problem yet, right?
    - FoleoCentral
    Staying where we are.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I've been using the Ctrl Key Pro and it's great! I do however have one question I'm hoping for some help with. Is there a way to change the "key lock" function back to the default, which is the red (end) button? I've been digging through the ctrl key settings and can't find anything.

Any suggestions would be great...thanks.
    im having issues deleting batteryindicator.exe
    i copied it over to my device and it didnt get me the speaker icon, all it did was mess up the volume buttons on the side, now when i push them i get the battery level indicator.

can you please help me delete this file. it has messed up my treo.

thanks
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigneeker View Post
    im having issues deleting batteryindicator.exe
    i copied it over to my device and it didnt get me the speaker icon, all it did was mess up the volume buttons on the side, now when i push them i get the battery level indicator.

can you please help me delete this file. it has messed up my treo.

thanks
    search for fixvolume.exe
    Sorry guys, I am a total noob so please forgive me. I am trying to use the vjtoogletoday, but I do not even know where to start. Where do I download it to? how do I get to the "command line"? I have read this thread and the other one at xda developers, but I am still clueless. I guess I need someone to "walk" me through this. Do I need another program to make this work (a registry edit?)
    Have applied the volume control hack (post #3) to my 750v. I had to apply the ring fix to stop the volume being zero.
    The switch on the top on the 750 that mutes all the sounds does not seem to work any more. Anyone else fid this.
    I've installed hidelogo, and it hides both the lookup bar and the carrier/bluetooth lines.

Does anyone know how to hide just the carrier/bluetooth line, but leave the lookup field?
    Quote Originally Posted by truE_ View Post
    I've installed hidelogo, and it hides both the lookup bar and the carrier/bluetooth lines.

Does anyone know how to hide just the carrier/bluetooth line, but leave the lookup field?
    the lookup field will come back as soon as you start typing on the today screen so you really don't need it to show up all the time.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  13.    #193  
    Just checked all hacks work well in WM6.

The WM6 dialer is very very good. Finally you can search your call log and contacts at the same time in the touchpad.

WM6 is pretty good and stable.

Some great improvements:
    1. USB cable charges the treo 750 pretty well, just a little bit slower than the ac adapter.

2. When the call come in, pressing the answer button in treo 750 will direct the sound to treo 750 while pressing the answer button in bt headset will direct the sound to bt headset. Very nice, we have asked this feature for one million year. (I don't remember how many times in wm5 I could not find my bt headset while I pressed the answer in the phone)

3. .NET Framework v2 is builtin, saved 5 mb spaces.

4. extended_rom can be unlocked and used for storage, although it is only 5MB.

5. speed is much faster.

6. HTML email is very nice. The shortcuts for inbox are very handy too.

7. The enhancements to calendar are good.

8. connecting to bt headset is quicker and more reliable. There is a new bt power manager service to save battery life.

Some problems:

1. The backlights brightness must be more than 4 ticks, otherwise the red button won't be able to turn the phone off.

2. The ROM takes 10 MB extra, although we can get 5MB back from extended_rom.

3. A lot of ATT links, although we can delete them all (make sure you also delete the files under \program files, which takes about 4 MB.)

4. WM5 storage still doesn't work
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    cellneuron, were you able to get the voicemail speed dial hack to work? I can't change the speed dial that's mapped to key 1 for the voicemail. (I was able to successfully change it in WM5).
  15.    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by singhnx View Post
    cellneuron, were you able to get the voicemail speed dial hack to work? I can't change the speed dial that's mapped to key 1 for the voicemail. (I was able to successfully change it in WM5).
    I don't know this hack. You want to remove the voicemail speed dial?
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    How do you unlock the extended_rom?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  17.    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT View Post
    How do you unlock the extended_rom?
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\EXT_FLASHDRV
    "MountHidden"=dword:00000001 change 1 to 0

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  18.    #198  
    The 10MB extra can be reclaimed easily. Going to \windows\, hide the files in ROM, then delete those files from Palm, such as *.pxp, all files beginning with qt_, realplayer.exe and help files and all files like oem_xxxx.htm. Also delete those files in \programs files, such as cingular video, getgoods.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    Well, it is also easy to be done. Please use the file attached in this post, make a shortcut and assign to a button. The file is from PHM too.
    Hi, how do u wake up from the scrsav after u activated it ? i am still blank screen after my call.
    When I unlock the extended rom, there are two files in the partition directory comprising 4.8M....CapPackage.PXP and CarrierDB.PXP.

Are they necessary files?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast