1.    #1  
    http://micrologics.co.uk/library/ast/

That looks pretty interesting. It would be nice to get rid of activesync when I use it very rarely on the pc.

Just thought i would pass that along.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    The fix linked to above seems to keep ActiveSync from automatically running on your PC, not your PDA (Treo, etc.).

The old ActiveSync server trick seems to be working fine for me. ActiveSync does start automatically after a soft reset but once you go in to the "Running Programs List" and close it, it doesn't start up again unless you run ActiveSync or soft reset. That's good enough for me.
  3.    #3  
    I use Exchange, so I always use activesync on my Treo, but my PC runs activesync for file transfer (ones I dont want to email) but I hardly use hte file transfer.
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post

The old ActiveSync server trick seems to be working fine for me. ActiveSync does start automatically after a soft reset but once you go in to the "Running Programs List" and close it, it doesn't start up again unless you run ActiveSync or soft reset. That's good enough for me.
    that weird, the activesync trick doesnt seem to work like that for most of us. it always seems to start up agian. it use to work great on phones older that the wm treos, but not on the treo's. i use to use it on the 6700.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    that weird, the activesync trick doesnt seem to work like that for most of us. it always seems to start up agian. it use to work great on phones older that the wm treos, but not on the treo's. i use to use it on the 6700.
    You're right - it is weird. I was hesitant to even try it since everyone said that it didn't work but it seems to be working fine so far for me. Like I said, ActiveSync definitely starts up after a soft reset but since I stopped it manually yesterday, it hasn't started up on its own (I assume that if it was going to start up, it would have by now).
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Talk about jinxing yourself! Not too long after I posted my success story, ActiveStink showed up in my Running Programs List again. Somebody please come up with a fix for this - it's really annoying!!!