Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    A couple of questions about weather panel;

    1) I loaded it onto my treo and I noticed that wheneven the today screen would scroll, wp would disappear. Does anybody else see that?
    2) On the marswear website, it looks like wp has not been updated in two years, is that correct?
    3) Are the weather forcasts accurate? spb weather uses the weatherchannel.com, so I feel its pretty accurate.

    thanks.
  2. #2  
    1)Yes at times.WM5 And WP sometimes dont get along.
    2)The builder of the software..Martin has been missing in action sometime now.
    3)Yes the weather forcasts are accurate.
    I used The software running WM3se and droped it running WM5.The software is oustanding yet really need some working.
  3. #3  
    1) it all depends where you put wp as a today plugin.
    2) kind of funny how an app that old can still be so much better than the app out today. can you image how cool it could be if it was still worked on?
    3) it pulls it's info from weather.com so it will be just as accurate as that site.
  4.    #4  
    [QUOTE=codyppc;1221553]1) it all depends where you put wp as a today plugin.

    Where does it need to go so it wont flutter?
  5. #5  
    [QUOTE=nyc_rock;1221570]
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    1) it all depends where you put wp as a today plugin.

    Where does it need to go so it wont flutter?
    well, if i understand you correctly, once in a while your today screens scrolls wp off the screen. in my case if i had wp at the bottom of screen and the calendar started showing two appointments instead of the normal one appointment, everything below the calendar would scroll to the bottom. if i put wp above the calendar when the callendar plug started to show the second appointment wp would stay on the screen.

    maybe i am missunderstanding your problem.
  6.    #6  
    [QUOTE=codyppc;1221579]
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post

    well, if i understand you correctly, once in a while your today screens scrolls wp off the screen. in my case if i had wp at the bottom of screen and the calendar started showing two appointments instead of the normal one appointment, everything below the calendar would scroll to the bottom. if i put wp above the calendar when the callendar plug started to show the second appointment wp would stay on the screen.

    maybe i am missunderstanding your problem.
    I meant flicker. When the today screen scrolls up or down weather panel disappears for a second and then comes back. It just seemed unstable.
  7. #7  
    I installed weather panel last night and it caused my phone to soft reset slow. It would lock up after the today screen came up for about 60 seconds and then work like normal. Has anyone else had this problem?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitchblack98 View Post
    I installed weather panel last night and it caused my phone to soft reset slow. It would lock up after the today screen came up for about 60 seconds and then work like normal. Has anyone else had this problem?
    did you install it into main memory?

    I have used it for well over a year on many different phone. never has it done that.
  9. #9  
    [QUOTE=nyc_rock;1221670]
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post

    I meant flicker. When the today screen scrolls up or down weather panel disappears for a second and then comes back. It just seemed unstable.
    did you install it into main memory?

    I do kind of remember something like that. maybe long ago. it doesn't do that for me now.

    are you using wp-pilot with it?

    do you know what version you installed?

    did you try the version from ppcgeeks.com in the software section? I know that one works fine. it was the version I gave them. lol.
  10. #10  
    I had it installed into main memory and I wasn't using WP-pilot with it. I don't remember where I got the version I'm using. I'll go to PPC geeks and download it from there and try that one. I am also going to do a hard reset and start from scratch. I have a back up I just took incase I want to go back to where I am now. I had a couple of themes I downloaded for it, but I dont think that would slow it down. As soon as I uninstalled WP it was back to normal for the most part.
  11.    #11  
    [QUOTE=codyppc;1222112]
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post

    did you install it into main memory?

    I do kind of remember something like that. maybe long ago. it doesn't do that for me now.

    are you using wp-pilot with it?

    do you know what version you installed?

    did you try the version from ppcgeeks.com in the software section? I know that one works fine. it was the version I gave them. lol.
    I dont have wp-pilot with it, I only tried Weather panel which I downloaded from the mars ware web site. I use SPB Weather, but I love that today plug in everybody shows off from Weather Panel. I did install to main memory.
  12. #12  
    ok, I did notice some filckering today after I siad it didn't. I don't know why. it doesn't bother me. I love the app and I guess I have just gotten use to it. maybe it has something to do with the info it uses to display. I don't know. sorry

Posting Permissions