Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Opinion needed here...

I am considering offering 'push' e-mail accounts and wanted an opinion whether this would be a viable side-line enterprise.

I run a small consulting business in Ontario and consider my Treo 700wx gizmo invaluable to my daily operations. I have a heavy-duty Dell server with Exchange 2003 SP3 that is not being used to its full potenitial.

Would there be a market to offer e-mail accounts for maybe $29 CDN per month? Users could have their SMTP mail forwared to the mail account on my server which would in turn push it out to the device.

Users could also access their e-mail on our server with Outlook Web Access using Internet Explorer, or they could configure Microsoft Outlook 2003 to connect to the Exchange server using RPC over HTTP(s).

I supply my own Microsoft certificate that would have to be installed on your Treo. Opinions?
    sounds good.. but $29 CDN per month? i dont know how much that is in US dollars off the top of my head.. but its still money per month... at this moment i use mail2web for my push e-mail and it pushes all my e-mails to my 700wx and i also can i check it on a computer.. and other thing is.. its free..
    Samsung i700 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Motorola Q >> Treo 700w >> Treo 700wx >> Sidekick 3 >> Sidekick iD >> Treo 750
    Nice of you to offer, but 1and1.com offers Exchange hosting with pretty much every Exchange feature for only $7 a month. Plus you get your own domain for $5 a year.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Thanks for the feedback. Just shows how little I know about hosting
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    well 1and1 tech support sucks, but what kind of connection do u have on that exchange server
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Hsa
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chunk View Post
    Nice of you to offer, but 1and1.com offers Exchange hosting with pretty much every Exchange feature for only $7 a month. Plus you get your own domain for $5 a year.
    I think I just discovered why my Push Email enterprise hasn't flourished more than 2 users :-D (myself and my wife) hehee

Funny thing is.. I have a free web hosting account with 1and1.. and didn't even know they offered that service..
    Joshua Miller
    jemiller@jem.phoenix.az.us