Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I'm trying to connect to my slingbox & it gets stuck on locating then times out with (unable to connect to slingbox) error message. I access it from my desktop cpu just fine but can't access it from my 700WX. Everything was working fine until today.Is it possible that SPRINT blocked access to it?
    Last edited by Ya Boi D; 03/18/2007 at 03:22 AM.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Mine seems to be working fine from my device. Have you tried deleting the finder ID from the 700wx and connecting it again? Or power cycling your modem so you get a different IP (don't know if that'll help).
  3. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    No, I'll try that now.
  4. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Didn't work. Just stuck on (locating).
  5. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    The slingplayer on my desktop is plaing while I'm typing this so I really don't know what to do. I've looked in the slingcommunity forums & everything.
    Have you tried getting someone to try it from outside? pm me your finder ID and a tempo password if you like, it could be a router not port forwarding thing, maybe power cycle it?
  7. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    How do I create a temporary password?
  8. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    This is ridiculous. I have been troubleshooting the past 6 hrs & STILL, the mobile version is not locating ANYTHING but my cpu version is just fine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  9. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Also, I just uninstalled - soft reset - reinstalled the app, & still, nothing.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    The slingplayer on my desktop is plaing while I'm typing this so I really don't know what to do. I've looked in the slingcommunity forums & everything.

I know this is obvious but can I assume that you're not Slinging from your PC while you're trying to connect from your Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    I know this is obvious but can I assume that you're not Slinging from your PC while you're trying to connect from your Treo?
    Another obvious point, but your not connected to your computer while your trying to get sling player running, right?
    Try this:

From your home computer that is connected via LAN, not remotely go through the steps to make sure that remote viewing is turned ON.

I have to go through this process weekly as my POS router is constantly redirecting the port.
    Ideas
    1. Bring up IE to make sure your connection is good and then try Slingplayer.
    2. You didn't say that your desktop was accessing remotely. You might want to verify that you can get to it that way.
    3. Contact Slingmedia directly -- not via the forums -- so they can verify that your remote access is working.
  14. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Thanks for all you guys input. I finally got it up & running. I ran the remote update via my slingplayer on my cpu & it finally connected. I have never had to run that update since I've had it (about 3mths). Someone said they run the update weekly because the router is constantly switching ports. Is that a normal thing for everybody?
    I haven't had to run the update except when upgrading the software. I've had my sling for 1 year and upgraded 3 times.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    What update is that? I've only ran the firmware update once, and that was some time ago...

My box still works fine though.
    I've been having some connectivity issues with the Slingbox Classic... It seems to have started at the last firmware upgrade (which was months ago). The only thing that will fix it is a power cycle every few days. I've talked to tech support, and while very willing to help, they were unable to figure out a fix. Kind of blows, because the whole idea of Slingbox is to be able to watch your TV when you're not home. How can I power cycle it if I'm gone... I'll probably have to end up sending it back to Sling for replacement.
    have you tried updating sling mobile?

that happened to me once and found out there was software update and worked fine after reinstallation.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    I've been having some connectivity issues with the Slingbox Classic... It seems to have started at the last firmware upgrade (which was months ago). The only thing that will fix it is a power cycle every few days. I've talked to tech support, and while very willing to help, they were unable to figure out a fix. Kind of blows, because the whole idea of Slingbox is to be able to watch your TV when you're not home. How can I power cycle it if I'm gone... I'll probably have to end up sending it back to Sling for replacement.
    I am the one who suggested the reinstall cycle and just wanted to add that I am also using a SB Classic. Bummer if this problem is because of the device. I've been blaming it on my router, but if this is hardware related I will be returning it for a replacement. I tried the Slingbox AV when the new devices came out and did not see a reason to replace my Classic, also had difficulty with the AV and my netgear router. The build quality of the Classic also seamed superior to the newer models.
    If you think its your router, why not just try a different router? Or update your router firmware? Or even better, put your slingbox in your DMZ.

Do you even get the connectivity problems on your home PC? i.e. within your LAN?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast