1.    #1  
    The fix = call palm and get your phone swapped out.

Here's the deal with this bluetooth issue - I called Palm to complain about the fact that my BT will not work with 5 of the headsets on their list of approved ones. So they swapped out my phone, and guess what - the BT on the new phone actually works!!! So everyone that has this issue, call Palm corporate and complain 407-531-4496. Hopefully they will swap out your phone and you will be lucky enough to get one with working BT.

BTY, although the BT on this new handset works, I called back Palm and said lets try this again - give me a phone where the i and p keys don't stick and I can type on! So now they have to send me out yet another phone!

Palm, get your act together!!!
    Last edited by mariog7; 03/18/2007 at 09:03 AM.
    real funny
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mariog7 View Post
    The fix = call palm and get your phone swapped out.

Here's the deal with this bluetooth issue - I called Palm to complain about the fact that my BT will not work with 5 of the headsets on their list of approved ones. So they swapped out my phone, and guess what - the BT on the new phone actually works!!! So everyone that has this issue, call Palm corporate and complain 407-537-4496. Hopefully they will swap out your phone and you will be lucky enough to get one with working BT.

BTY, although the BT on this new handset works, I called back Palm and said lets try this again - give me a phone where the i and p keys don't stick and I can type on! So now they have to send me out yet another phone!

Palm, get your act together!!!
    What model phone are you talking about??
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Palm's corporate phone is area code 407? I didn't know their corporate offices were in Orlando, FL.
    I didn't know Palm had a corporate #
    4 Question's
    Did they speak English
    Are you sure you spoke to Palm
    Did they speak English
    Are you sure you spoke to Palm
    lol
  6.    #6  
    I have a Sprint 700wx.
    I don't know where they are located, but the number is correct.
    Believe it or not, this is a US based corporate center, so you get people that actually speak English! My first try for support I was routed to Asia, and the support was a joke.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Uhmmm that number didn't work for me, I called since it is a local call for me. First it told me that for that the area code for that number had been changed to 321 (an area code used for Orlando and some surrounding areas), when called the number with the 321 area code, it told me I needed to dial a 1 in front of it. Finally, I dialed the number with a 1 in front of the 321 area a code and got a lady on the line.

Basically... wrong number. You SURE that's Palm's corporate number?
  8.    #8  
    407-531-4496 works for me.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Ohhh but you changed the number... that's why... it was 537 on your original post and now it's 531. The 531 number does tell me it's Palm and that they are, obviously, closed right now.

I don't know about corporate though... their site (http://www.palm.com/us/company/contacts.html) says they are in California. Must be a branch or regional office.

Anyway, the number on the post above does give me a machine saying it's Palm.
  10.    #10  
    Yeah, sorry - I typed it in wrong on the top post - please use the one listed above.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Ok so after having the new one for a few days does it still have any issues with Bluetooth?
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  12.    #12  
    So far the phone works awesome with the BT500! No disconnects whatsoever and clear sound! I can't believe it.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I tryed the number and it told me to call 813-313-4913. So we will see.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Everyone needs to call Palm. Palm just tryed to tell me that they have no clue that there is a problem with the bluetooth connection. They just told me that there are no documented cases of this issue. Everyone call 813-313-4913.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariog7 View Post
    So far the phone works awesome with the BT500! No disconnects whatsoever and clear sound! I can't believe it.
    I'm curious. Did you try this prior to switching phones:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=137462
    I'm curious...which Treo did you have, and did they swap out the same, or different (eg....700w to wx)? I am having a couple unexplained issues as well, and eventhough I am no tlooking forward to re-doing EVERYTHING, I am thinking about calling Palm myself.