Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just broken my htc 8125 yesterday and bought this treo 750, I have to say, I am very disappointed . Maybe I expect too much from this expensive crappy handset.

1. The AKU is too low. Comparing with aku 3.0 or crossbow, this treo 750 is almost a dinosaur pocket pc. The SMS is still a separate program. Live MSN is not included. No push hotmail. no HTML email.

2. The speed is slow. Comparing with HTC8125 running at @299Mhz, treo 750 is very very slow.

3. The most messy part is the today screen and the phone application. The phone application in WM6 is so nice that I just can't believe it comes from microsoft. You can find all your contacts with keypad, you can search all dialed log with keypad and you can hide the calling status background. In treo 750, I have to say Palm did a terrible job. Look at the dialpad, even my 2 years old daughter can draw a better one! The problem is the dialpad didn't provide any extra functions, much worse than the built in phone application. The today interface just sucks. I hide all of them within five minutes. Thanks to the hidelogo today plugin, I can also hide the logo and lookup. But once I touch the keyboard it shows up again. The really annoying is the today is almost useless during a call because the phone pops up again and again. Come on, palm, just give us a clear today and a builtin phone application. Palm also provides a crappy menu in the right softkey, which is not customizable.

4.the one hand operation is much worse than htc 8125. I just can't believe the treo 750 is regarded as the best one-handed operation phone. Those reviewers must not use HTC phones at all!!! In HTC 8125, you can do almost everything with one hand, but I still can't find how to do below tasks in treo 750 with one touch:

a. return to today without mapping a hardware button. (In HTC 8125, click the end call button will return to today.)

b. terminate GPRS connection. (In HTC 8125, click and hold the end call button will do it.)

c. Close an application. (In HTC 8125, Click and hold right soft key will close an application. Smartkey is needed, allowlist is also provided by smartkey.)

5. While some people think 240*240 is ok, for me, it is really sucks. I got tons of applications won't show the lower part in treo 750. The today is so short that I have to hide a lot of my favorite plugins. My todayagenda is only 70 pixels now, comparing with 150 in my htc 8125.

6. The USB sync cable can't charge. It is so difficult to pull it out that I thought I have to push the useless palm hotsync button to get it out. After several tries and 3 times manual checking, I closed my eyes and pulled it out with the preparation to send it back to Palm. Yes, it is out with a cracking sound. Fortunately I still can snap it back to treo 750. The charge is separated now. Isn't it an ***** you have to plug in two cables at home in order to sync and charge. Stupid, stupid palm.

I feel so sad this so expensive (cost almost twice than HTC 8125) phone is much worse than htc 8125. For those people who praised treo 750 a lot, did you guys ever used any htc smart phones?

Only at this moment I think the engineers in HTC are much smarter than those from Palm. Palm tried so hard to mimic the treo 650 in this pocket pc phone and they failed. They also failed to see that there are already a lot of phones outside which has the same or even better one hand operations then treo 650.

If anybody can tell me how to get back the builtin phone application, I appreciate a lot.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    SMS is intended to be a separate program. Palm wants you to use their own program for apparent reason of the chat style threaded sms/mms app.

As far as speed, that would not be a fair comparison because you are comparing a hacked speed increase on the 8125 to native speed on the Treo. The Treo is not a speed demon, but does out perform the 8125's native speed. There are various programs that will enable you to accelerate the Treo to get better speed, albeit at the cost of battery life.

Again, as for point 3--compare the 8125 on WM5 to the Treo on WM5. You are comparing WM5 to WM6 here. That is not a fair and accurate comparison. Of course, with a new OS, Microsoft would fix some user issues to make it more friendly. However, with the Treo, you can dial right from the today screen using the keypad. This eliminates the need for an on-screen dial. The 8125 needs the onscreen dialer unless you want to rotate, open keypad, and try to dial that way.

Point 4: a. Same on the treo--you can return to the today screen by hitting the end hardkey. c. You can do this with the "OK" button next to the directional pad.

Point 5: You should have played with the 240 X 240. It is a compromise for size and to fit a full keyboard on the front face. This eliminates the need to rotate the device on its side, slide out keyboard, and type. This, in fact, enables more efficient one-handed usage because of the layout of the keyboard. Yes, most programs remain incompatible to this 240 X 240 resolution, but for Treo users, that is an acceptable tradeoff. Otherwise, you have the 8125 and the 8525.

6. Understand that point. Third party sync & charge cables fill in that niche rather inexpensively, however.

Try playing with it some more. I still think it's the best PPC Phone device yet. I came from an 8125 and I definitely heart my Treo 750 more.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    Just broken my htc 8125 yesterday and bought this treo 750, I have to say, I am very disappointed . Maybe I expect too much from this expensive crappy handset.
    It's a common mistake to expect everything, just use whatever you find best.

1. The AKU is too low. Comparing with aku 3.0 or crossbow, this treo 750 is almost a dinosaur pocket pc. The SMS is still a separate program. Live MSN is not included. No push hotmail. no HTML email.
    What is AKU? MSN would have been nice. As for SMS? well i love threaded sms chat view, and Palm is one of the only ones doing it. I dont understand why Microsoft is not making this a part of their OS. But i dont understand why you want SMS included in emails? What about MSN, do you want that included in email as well? All of email, MSN, SMS are written text messages. All can take pictures and other data, though SMS are then called MMS. I like it being seperate programs.

2. The speed is slow. Comparing with HTC8125 running at @299Mhz, treo 750 is very very slow.
    I have a big HTC, the flipphone with 640x480 screen as a hotline. I find it slower than my 750, and more anoying to use.

3. The most messy part is the today screen and the phone application. The phone application in WM6 is so nice that I just can't believe it comes from microsoft. You can find all your contacts with keypad, you can search all dialed log with keypad and you can hide the calling status background. In treo 750, I have to say Palm did a terrible job. Look at the dialpad, even my 2 years old daughter can draw a better one! The problem is the dialpad didn't provide any extra functions, much worse than the built in phone application. The today interface just sucks. I hide all of them within five minutes. Thanks to the hidelogo today plugin, I can also hide the logo and lookup. But once I touch the keyboard it shows up again. The really annoying is the today is almost useless during a call because the phone pops up again and again. Come on, palm, just give us a clear today and a builtin phone application. Palm also provides a crappy menu in the right softkey, which is not customizable.

4.the one hand operation is much worse than htc 8125. I just can't believe the treo 750 is regarded as the best one-handed operation phone. Those reviewers must not use HTC phones at all!!! In HTC 8125, you can do almost everything with one hand, but I still can't find how to do below tasks in treo 750 with one touch:

a. return to today without mapping a hardware button. (In HTC 8125, click the end call button will return to today.)

b. terminate GPRS connection. (In HTC 8125, click and hold the end call button will do it.)

c. Close an application. (In HTC 8125, Click and hold right soft key will close an application. Smartkey is needed, allowlist is also provided by smartkey.)

5. While some people think 240*240 is ok, for me, it is really sucks. I got tons of applications won't show the lower part in treo 750. The today is so short that I have to hide a lot of my favorite plugins. My todayagenda is only 70 pixels now, comparing with 150 in my htc 8125.
    Yeah Palm should either just plain copy those or think up their own ideas.

6. The USB sync cable can't charge. It is so difficult to pull it out that I thought I have to push the useless palm hotsync button to get it out. After several tries and 3 times manual checking, I closed my eyes and pulled it out with the preparation to send it back to Palm. Yes, it is out with a cracking sound. Fortunately I still can snap it back to treo 750. The charge is separated now. Isn't it an ***** you have to plug in two cables at home in order to sync and charge. Stupid, stupid palm.
    Not only should the Palm USB cable carge the phone, but it should also use a mini USB connector such that you can use any sort of cable. But i guess that Palm wanted to be backwards compatible with their older Palm phones/chargers/...

I feel so sad this so expensive (cost almost twice than HTC 8125) phone is much worse than htc 8125. For those people who praised treo 750 a lot, did you guys ever used any htc smart phones?
    I think Palm 750 are more attractive physically.

Only at this moment I think the engineers in HTC are much smarter than those from Palm. Palm tried so hard to mimic the treo 650 in this pocket pc phone and they failed. They also failed to see that there are already a lot of phones outside which has the same or even better one hand operations then treo 650.
    HTC most likely has more engineers than Palm does. Or HTC has been making windows mobile phones for a longer time than Palm does.

If anybody can tell me how to get back the builtin phone application, I appreciate a lot.
    Buy a non palm phone?
    To close apps, you should be able to press and hold the OK button to bring up the list of running apps, then close from there.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    USB does charge the 750v. Slowly but it works. So if you are at your office desk all day on activesync your phone will not run out of power. I only charge via AC once a week and that's just for a top-up.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    Maybe I expect too much from this expensive crappy handset.
    You probably need to move on. I owned a KJAM for well over a year and it too was overclocked. With WM5 it didn't even compare to the Treo as far as convienience of use as a phone.

Of course SMS is a separate app. MSN, push hotmail and HTML are WM6 items. WTF? WM6 isn't even out on any commercially available devices yet.

I think you're full of it. I am not sure what you are using to OC the Wizard, but I tell you that I have used OMAPClock, BatteryStatus, and XCPUScalar. The KJAM would become unstable at anything over 240mhz. Pushing the OMAP to 299mhz is just crazy. And let's just suppose that you were "lucky" enough to have a OMAP 850 that is relatively stable that at speeds, it is a forgone conclusion that you would kill the processor well before its naturally rated lifetime.

3. The most messy part is the today screen and the phone application. The phone application in WM6 is so nice that I just can't believe it comes from microsoft. You can find all your contacts with keypad, you can search all dialed log with keypad and you can hide the calling status background. In treo 750, I have to say Palm did a terrible job.
    You complain about the SMS app being separate and now you praise the phone pad which is a separate app that has to be brought up in order to use it? For as long as I owned the Treo, I think I have called the phone pad once just to see what it looked like. Palm did an excellent job of bringing convienience dialing to the today screen ala the Smartphone OS. There is absolutely no reason to even bring up the phone pad on a Treo. Everything from searching to dialing can be done on the today screen.

Look at the dialpad, even my 2 years old daughter can draw a better one! The problem is the dialpad didn't provide any extra functions, much worse than the built in phone application. The today interface just sucks. I hide all of them within five minutes. Thanks to the hidelogo today plugin, I can also hide the logo and lookup. But once I touch the keyboard it shows up again. The really annoying is the today is almost useless during a call because the phone pops up again and again. Come on, palm, just give us a clear today and a builtin phone application. Palm also provides a crappy menu in the right softkey, which is not customizable.
    Dude, you are all over the place. Complaining about the today plugins? Most of those items are standard MS plugins, the same that are on your 8125. Palm improved greatly on them by providing internet search, contact search and photo dialing.

What are you smoking? I had my KJAM tweaked to the hilt with apps and plugins that made it a great one handed device. However, I had to add all these things just to get it "semi as good" as a Treo out of the box.[/quote]

I am now convinced you have no idea how to use your Treo. Sheesh, press the right call button and you return to the Today screen.

This is the one thing that I give you. I agree with this statement.

Exactly, an application is needed provide that functionality. So? No WM device has native close functionality except for the few devices that are shipping with HTC's closeapp program. I use iLauncher to close my apps with the OK button. A press and hold OK brings up the iLauncher task menu. At least the Treo has an OK button and we don't have to screw around with having to do a press and hold of the right soft key.

Of course this is personal preference. I have been using PPC's for over 6 years now. I got over the 240 x 240 issue in about a week. If your apps aren't square screen compliant then you need to update them. Most apps now days are square screen compliant.

I semi-agree. So get yourself a USB sync and charge cable from PPCTech or Seidio. Problem solved.

Sounds to me since you are consistantly comparing apples to oranges (WM5 to WM6), that you really don't know how to use the Treo (not understanding or appreciating the contact search on the today screen and dialing straight from the today), and not knowing a single press of the right phone key will bring you bcak to the today tells me you were just out to ***** and moan about the treo without taking the time to truly understand what you were using.

Next.

Yeah I have. Let me ask you what changes to the OS did HTC make? Did HTC give me the ability to conveniently dial from the today screen? Did they give me picture dialing? Did they give me the ability to search, dial, and email a contact from the today screen? Nope. Did HTC give me threaded SMS? Nope.

Nope again. Sounds like you're just bitter and mal-informed.
    Last edited by JGold; 03/17/2007 at 12:06 PM.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichChestmat View Post
    USB does charge the 750v. Slowly but it works. So if you are at your office desk all day on activesync your phone will not run out of power. I only charge via AC once a week and that's just for a top-up.
    Are you sure about it in treo 750 cingular? I can't find the charge indicator when I plug in the usb cable. Maybe you are using a sync and charge cable from third parties?

Thanks all for the replies. I brought back the traditional dialpad (by disabling the phone skin in registry), removed the softkeys and shrinked the title bar to increase 40 pixels (using vjtoggletoday), hacked the volume keys to act as scroll keys.

Other problems still remain:

1. How to bring back the speaker icon in the title bar?
    2. What's the use of the side button? Anyway to assign something one it?
    3. How to change the ok button to close? Or change the "holding" Ok button to close?
    4. How to change the left softkey to spb menu without two clicks?

thanks in advance
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    You probably need to move on. I owned a KJAM for well over a year and it too was overclocked. With WM5 it didn't even compare to the Treo as far as convienience of use as a phone.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for your reply. As to the red button returning to today, I was wrong, and I found it out just today.

As to other points, I can't agree. If you come from imate-Kjam, I have to say you didn't use it very well before you switching.

The smartkey is designed for htc wizard. I want to compare treo 750 and htc wizard with all freewares included.

1. overclocking. There is a poll in xda-developers. More than 30% people can overclock to 299Mhz. More than 70% come overclock to 267Mhz (using omapclocker, 279Mhz in batterystatus), about 10% can't reach more than 240Mhz. I am sorry you are the really unlucky guy. I run my htc8125 at @299Mhz from day 1 for almost one year and never has any instability problem.

2. As to the speed, htc 8125 @299Mhz with AKu 3.5 or WM6 is much faster than treo 750. It is reasonable since htc 8125 is dual-core while treo 750 300Mhz is single chips and has an old AKU. Don't blame me on this. I believe all people come to this board are pda geeks. There is no AKU3.x or wm6 available for treo 750, which is not our fault, it is Palm's fault.

3. You may need check your old htc phone again. The today screen in treo 750 destroyed the phone application completely. You can type some kind of name precisely in today to find the contacts, but don't you think it is so stupid to do that. In the HTC phone, you can type any part of the name or any part of the numbers using either keyboard or KEYPAD, the phone applications will search all combinations for you (both in contacts and call logs which includes some numbers not existing in contacts.). The most evil part is the calling status, which is a half page white window with name, photo and duration on it and cover the today page from time to time. Only ***** can design this kind of "calling status". The builtin calling status in wm5 has a very elegant interface with notes, contacts, calling logs, hold, switch and mute buttons around. Show me a single reason that the treo 750 calling status is better than the builtin one.

4. As to the today plugins, you are telling me most of them are MS standard? Pull out your treo 750, if you can count more than 50% of them belonging to MS, we can call it "most".

5. If you find something more inconvenient in htc 8125 than in treo 750, please tell me, I may overlook it.

Anyway, I do find the shape of treo 750 (form factor) is better than htc 8125. I have not been able to test the bluetooth so far.

Thanks again for nice suggestions.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Maybe he should have tried out the phone before buying it... or return it within the grace period and stop complaining.
    iPhone 8GB on T-Mo
    1. overclocking. There is a poll in xda-developers. More than 30% people can overclock to 299Mhz. More than 70% come overclock to 267Mhz (using omapclocker, 279Mhz in batterystatus), about 10% can't reach more than 240Mhz. I am sorry you are the really unlucky guy. I run my htc8125 at @299Mhz from day 1 for almost one year and never has any instability problem.
    Link?

2. As to the speed, htc 8125 @299Mhz with AKu 3.5 or WM6 is much faster than treo 750. It is reasonable since htc 8125 is dual-core while treo 750 300Mhz is single chips and has an old AKU. Don't blame me on this. I believe all people come to this board are pda geeks. There is no AKU3.x or wm6 available for treo 750, which is not our fault, it is Palm's fault.
    I hate to tell you this but whatever version of WM6 you had on your device prior is hacked. Since Palm customizes WM6, if want to keep the Palm "special sauce", Treo owners will have to wait. And, btw, if you haven't heard the news, a WM6 Treo has already been spotted in the wild. What will you have to say when a WM6 is widely available?

3. You may need check your old htc phone again. The today screen in treo 750 destroyed the phone application completely. You can type some kind of name precisely in today to find the contacts, but don't you think it is so stupid to do that.
    What are you smoking? If I want to dial my wife, I type the first couple of letters of her first or last name. What is so bad about that? Or, I can just type numbers and dial number directly. Sorry, I just don't think it's easier to pull up a separate phone app then have to type in a name, especially since most of the time the Today screen is visible.

In the HTC phone, you can type any part of the name or any part of the numbers using either keyboard or KEYPAD, the phone applications will search all combinations for you (both in contacts and call logs which includes some numbers not existing in contacts.).

The most evil part is the calling status, which is a half page white window with name, photo and duration on it and cover the today page from time to time. Only ***** can design this kind of "calling status". The builtin calling status in wm5 has a very elegant interface with notes, contacts, calling logs, hold, switch and mute buttons around. Show me a single reason that the treo 750 calling status is better than the builtin one.
    Heh, you have to slide out the keyboard and when you want to dial a phone number. After a year and a half of using the KJAM, I got tired of using the stupid phone dialer having to touch the screen.

4. As to the today plugins, you are telling me most of them are MS standard? Pull out your treo 750, if you can count more than 50% of them belonging to MS, we can call it "most".
    Hmmm let's see..if you bothered to look lately you'll see:

1. Date - Microsoft standard
    2. Inbox - Microsoft standard
    3. Messaging - Microsoft standard
    4. Calendar - Microsoft standard
    5. Pocket MSN - Microsoft standard
    6. Owner Info - Microsoft standard
    7. Tasks - Microsoft standard

Enough? Eh?

5. If you find something more inconvenient in htc 8125 than in treo 750, please tell me, I may overlook it.
    Sure, having to slide out a keyboard. Having to use a phone dialer to dial a phone number (actually, I used Pocket Breeze). Not having a dedicated windows and OK key. Smartskey was nice but it's just not the same as having dedicated keys.

Don;t get me wrong, the Wizard was a great device. However, the Treo is a much better phone than the KJAM ever was and I still have the KJAM and all it's freeware and commercial apps loaded on it. The KJAM still doesn't compare. When WM6 is officially available it will an even better device. Until then, the Treo is by far the most convienient phone device on the market.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    see this type of post all the time. people comparing what they've used a short time to something they've used a long time and have tweaked and have grown accustomed to. Of course the latter will seem more "user-friendly"! You grown used to it over time!
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  12.    #12  
    I understand. What I want to argue here is if the palm tweaks really help. Most conviences of treo 750 comes from the instant keyboard, which is no doubt great. But we can get both. If Palm can stop destroying the today screen and phone application (esp in wm6, in which the phone applications is vastly improved.) and give us the clean today and builtin phone, we can have both the great form factors (with instant keyboard) and much useful OS. Treo 750 is like a good pieces of art with an ugly patch from palm, IMO.

By the way, Palm can also save some time and money if they just use the builtin components.

I want to admit that the photo dialer, voicemail buttons and web search in treo 750 are original and great, although other parts, such as call status in today, fixed softkeys, crappy battery icon to replace the speaker icon and most important, the ugly treo 650 dialpad, are just a waste of time and money.

By the way, how to turn off the screen while in a call? In htc 8125, you just click click the power button and the phone is still on. This is one point I really miss. In HTC 8125, if you want to do something in pda during a call, you can just go ahead to do it, no popup will disturb you, most importantly, no slowdown, thanks to the dualcore designing. If you just want to concentrate on the call, a clicking on the power button can save a lot of battery and avoid unwanted touch on screen. Palm, do something, just let the R&D guys go to vacation and we will have a better treo.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    If Palm can stop destroying the today screen and phone application (esp in wm6, in which the phone applications is vastly improved.) and give us the clean today and builtin phone, we can have both the great form factors (with instant keyboard) and much useful OS. Treo 750 is like a good pieces of art with an ugly patch from palm, IMO.
    Obviously you are a minority. Most people have moved to a Treo because it offers features to the OS that aren't available on other devices. I know I did.

By the way, Palm can also save some time and money if they just use the builtin components.
    The phone pad is a PIA.

I want to admit that the photo dialer, voicemail buttons and web search in treo 750 are original and great, although other parts, such as call status in today, fixed softkeys, crappy battery icon to replace the speaker icon and most important, the ugly treo 650 dialpad, are just a waste of time and money.
    Who cares about a crappy phone pad? Why on earth would you want to use that app when you can dial using the keypad?

Sounds like your complaints are petty and like others have said, maybe you should actually use the device for some time before complaining about it. Or, even better, if you think HTC devices are so great, you should have bought a Tytn or an 8525.

Oh and btw, you do know that the Smartphone OS works just like the Treo with dialing on the Today screen? And guess what, the PPC and Smartphone OS'es are due to be merged with the advent of Photon, the next version of the Windows OS. I would bet dollars to donuts that the today screen dial function will be standard in the OS. That makes Palm pretty innovative if you ask me. Too bad HTC hasn't done much at all to customize the OS, as a matter of fact, HTC, HP, Dell have all be lazy and complacent which is why many people who are not "geeks" complain that a WM device is just not convienient to use as a phone.

In HTC 8125, if you want to do something in pda during a call, you can just go ahead to do it, no popup will disturb you, most importantly, no slowdown, thanks to the dualcore designing.
    Quit whining. You were using an overclocked device in which you were the minority at that speed anyways. There is no guarantee that you would get that speed if you got a new device. That to me says a lot. I don't know what you are talking about. I can go to any application I want while on a phone call, no issues whatsoever. Also if you are on a 3G network, you can be downloading an email or online and still be on a voice call.... I would like to see your 8125 do that.....guess what? It cant.

Nuff said.
    Last edited by JGold; 03/17/2007 at 11:40 PM.
    Hmm
    lol
    Jerry taking 750 users to school.
    Wow, this guy is an expert after owning the Treo for a day? Haha, Jerry, you're doing a great job of tearing apart his "argument."
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    Wow, this guy is an expert after owning the Treo for a day? Haha, Jerry, you're doing a great job of tearing apart his "argument."
    wow, don't you think you have some something amusing for the weekend?

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    We would know a thing or two about this argument, wouldn't we?
    I have owned the SX66 and the 8125. Used both for a long time, both highly customized. 9 out of 10 things that the original poster brought up the Treo 750 can run circles around the 8125. Using the 8125 as your comparison is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Now, if you were comparing the 750 to the 8525, that would be a decent battle. The 8125 is the poorest example of a converged device that HTC has ever made. The severely under-powered processor makes almost everything on the device lousy. And after having the cool and functionally sound vertical slide keyboard on the SX66, the side slider on the 8125 was just a big waste of time every day. HTC makes some great devices. i have loved many of them. But please. The 8125 will go down as one of the biggest flops for those of us that truly push converged devices to their limits.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I went from a HTC P4350 to Treo 680 to Treo 750 unbranded. I Have a Dell X50v and have a Samsung i320 and T-mobile MDA. I don't get it! The 750 is by far the best out of the bunch. Each have their issues but none perform as well as the 750.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post

Of course SMS is a separate app. MSN, push hotmail and HTML are WM6 items. WTF? WM6 isn't even out on any commercially available devices yet.

I think you're full of it. I am not sure what you are using to OC the Wizard, but I tell you that I have used OMAPClock, BatteryStatus, and XCPUScalar. The KJAM would become unstable at anything over 240mhz. Pushing the OMAP to 299mhz is just crazy. And let's just suppose that you were "lucky" enough to have a OMAP 850 that is relatively stable that at speeds, it is a forgone conclusion that you would kill the processor well before its naturally rated lifetime.

You complain about the SMS app being separate and now you praise the phone pad which is a separate app that has to be brought up in order to use it? For as long as I owned the Treo, I think I have called the phone pad once just to see what it looked like. Palm did an excellent job of bringing convienience dialing to the today screen ala the Smartphone OS. There is absolutely no reason to even bring up the phone pad on a Treo. Everything from searching to dialing can be done on the today screen.

Dude, you are all over the place. Complaining about the today plugins? Most of those items are standard MS plugins, the same that are on your 8125. Palm improved greatly on them by providing internet search, contact search and photo dialing.

What are you smoking? I had my KJAM tweaked to the hilt with apps and plugins that made it a great one handed device. However, I had to add all these things just to get it "semi as good" as a Treo out of the box.

I am now convinced you have no idea how to use your Treo. Sheesh, press the right call button and you return to the Today screen.

This is the one thing that I give you. I agree with this statement.

Exactly, an application is needed provide that functionality. So? No WM device has native close functionality except for the few devices that are shipping with HTC's closeapp program. I use iLauncher to close my apps with the OK button. A press and hold OK brings up the iLauncher task menu. At least the Treo has an OK button and we don't have to screw around with having to do a press and hold of the right soft key.

Of course this is personal preference. I have been using PPC's for over 6 years now. I got over the 240 x 240 issue in about a week. If your apps aren't square screen compliant then you need to update them. Most apps now days are square screen compliant.

I semi-agree. So get yourself a USB sync and charge cable from PPCTech or Seidio. Problem solved.

Sounds to me since you are consistantly comparing apples to oranges (WM5 to WM6), that you really don't know how to use the Treo (not understanding or appreciating the contact search on the today screen and dialing straight from the today), and not knowing a single press of the right phone key will bring you bcak to the today tells me you were just out to ***** and moan about the treo without taking the time to truly understand what you were using.

Next.

Yeah I have. Let me ask you what changes to the OS did HTC make? Did HTC give me the ability to conveniently dial from the today screen? Did they give me picture dialing? Did they give me the ability to search, dial, and email a contact from the today screen? Nope. Did HTC give me threaded SMS? Nope.

Nope again. Sounds like you're just bitter and mal-informed.[/QUOTE]

He's the bitter one? Thou protest too much.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast