Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I seem to have a problem in that I have a Bluetooth USB adapter and I can make a connection to the internet using DUN. But when I do a speed test I get around 280 down and 58 up. When I use a Sierra Wireless 860 card I get around 430 down and 340 up.

I used www.speakeasy.net/speedtest for my testing.

Any idea why my speed is so slow using Bluetooth?

Thanks
    Bluetooth is the bottleneck. I think Bluetooth maxes out at a certain speed. USB may be a bit faster.
    Bluetooth IS the bottleneck.
    Sure-nuff... Send/receive speed over Bluetooth is limited by Bluetooth's communication speed. As posted before, BT 1.x is communicates in the 200-300kbps range.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    Sure-nuff... Send/receive speed over Bluetooth is limited by Bluetooth's communication speed. As posted before, BT 1.x is communicates in the 200-300kbps range.
    Ok, that explains my download speed, but not my upload speed!

Anyone else do some speed testing with bluetooth and the Treo 750?

What speeds are you getting?
    My speeds are always around 210 - 240kbps over Bluetooth. You have to expect this to be a hit or miss depending on many factors locally in your area. No way is BT tethering a dependable choice for always-on connectivity, but in a crunch its a great solution! Im normally able to Jack-on "someone's" wifi anywhere im at, but have used BT to Treo without issues more then a handful of times.