1.    #1  
    The last two days, all mailboxes on my Treo are being cleared when it checks e-mail. So it checks mail, then wipes out every message in my inbox.

I've looked through all the settings, but I don't see anything that might cause this.

Does anyone know why this might be happening?
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    Where is the email being wiped out? It sounds like something (i.e. your Treo) is POPing your mailbox, thereby clearing it out. It is not leaving a copy in the server.
    The Message Center
    www.themessagecenter.com
    You have no excuse to not be synchronized.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TMC1 View Post
    Where is the email being wiped out? It sounds like something (i.e. your Treo) is POPing your mailbox, thereby clearing it out. It is not leaving a copy in the server.
    It's left on the server until I download them from the laptop. I mean, it checks mail, then completely clears the inbox of messages. Sent or deleted folders are untouched.

Right how, the only thing I can blame it on is space aliens......
  4.    #4  
    I'm bumping this in the hopes that someone has an answer.

I went through all my settings, and made sure the box was checked to keep messages for 30 days.

Still, it checks mail at certain times, and completely clears the inbox of all messages. They do not go to the deleted folder, so I don't know where they go. The other folders remain unaffected.

This did not happen the first few weeks I had the 750. It started randomly one day.....
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I am curious about this as well. I just picked up my 750 about a week and a half ago and this morning when I looked at my phone, all of my e-mails except 3 from the past 2 days were gone. Don't know where they went. The e-mail account is completely separate and the only device checking it is my Treo. I don't know where I can find any settings to change this but with SnapperMail on my 650 it wouldn't delete it until I deleted it myself. This is a big no no!
    Are you using POP3, IMAP4, or Exchange DirectPush/ActiveSync?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I am using POP3 (working on moving to an Exchange with wireless ActiveSync). I assumed that Outlook worked as it does everywhere else... it downloads the messages from the server and takes them off the server but leaves them on the Treo. But they are all gone and nowhere to be found! It's a really big problem for me as I need these e-mails often when not in the office.
    Since you're using POP3, is it possible that you have another computer currently logged into the POP3 e-mail account? As I'm sure you know, with POP3, once an e-mail is downloaded, it disappears from the server.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    No, the way I have it set up is that all e-mail going to my main account is forwarded to a second account which only the Treo checks (this was to avoid such problems).
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Since you're using POP3, is it possible that you have another computer currently logged into the POP3 e-mail account? As I'm sure you know, with POP3, once an e-mail is downloaded, it disappears from the server.
    It disappears from the server when downloaded to my home computer. But e-mails downloaded to teh Treo in the morning will get wiped out from the Treo during an afternoon mail check, before I turn the home computer on.

It didn't do this the first few weeks I had the 750, now it does. I read several people stating they have experienced the same problem, yet know one has an answer?
    Quote Originally Posted by ToonFan View Post
    It disappears from the server when downloaded to my home computer. But e-mails downloaded to teh Treo in the morning will get wiped out from the Treo during an afternoon mail check, before I turn the home computer on.

It didn't do this the first few weeks I had the 750, now it does. I read several people stating they have experienced the same problem, yet know one has an answer?
    See if this helps:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,Case=obj(41658)
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Im also losing messages now and get a message "cannot download messages" but my message does download. I have cingular 750 using yahoo plus pop 3. Has anyone found out what has happend. This is my first ppc and starting to think I made a mistake. Thanks