1.    #1  
    I've been trying to do some research but i am a little confused how GPS works with the Treos. My Cingular rep wants me to pay $9.99 a month for it and I see Tom Tom has software (that requires a bluetooth receiver?) for around $250.

I have a user who wants GPS for the states but also when he travels out of the country. He goes to the bahamas, new zealand, uk, and a few other places that i cant remember. Something simple that works i think would be good. if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
    gps works on the treo the same way it does for everything else. gps signal + antenna + software. what your cing rep is trying to sell you on isn't gps; it's a positionning system based on cell towers.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    gps works on the treo the same way it does for everything else. gps signal + antenna + software. what your cing rep is trying to sell you on isn't gps; it's a positionning system based on cell towers.
    Should i shell out the $250 for Tom tom (and will it work out of the states) or is thier other software?