Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    WOW where do I begin. I'm sick of my phone. It pisses me off. I have numerous complaints. I won't elaborate on all of them but there were lots of reasons why I bought the phone, and its basically crippled.

Using the net its slow, and often locks up. You can't play or use half the files out there. You cant play flash videos. For whatever reason even when installed java i still couldnt use the files. its been corrupting and losing files. so i've lost lots of pictures and videos that i wont ever get again. they sync works like half the time. taking a video is horrible. sometimes the video is fine, but the sound is absolutely horrible. whys it only limited to like 3mins of video at a time for main memory, even though there is room for lots more? pictures are really bad in low light situations. the bluetooth is limited and doesnt do much could be more user friendly. whats the point of having wifi support if you can use your sd card? it should be built in. why do phones still use the 1.5mm jack? so you need to buy an adapter for your headphones. but guess what when you use your headphones you cant talk on the phone and have them on at the same time, so you have to unplug them. it didnt come with an good instant messenger program, so you have to get a 3rd party app. you cant send people pictures and videos, so you have to go 3rd party for that as well and still cant send videos. why did it come with the 320x240 screen instead of the 320x320 like the P. internet explorer always locks up. you cant watch most streaming videos with out it locking up or crashing. try watching like tomgreen.com, impossible. theres like no good cheap gps progs. you can use map4pda which is free, but for gps with it, mad money. its annoying that i need to use a program to copy and move files. it should open stuff up like windows explorer. i should be able to copy and move files as i please. why does it always need to import files, why cant i just copy and paste them without it converting them.

honestly this phone is very limited and just gets on my nerves. its like for everything i paid for this phone to do it does about half. great i can make notes in word and save it. if im lucky i can get on a few inet sites. having contacts is nice. some of the menus suck. why do i have to go through my contact list to send a txt rather than type the name and hit over?

there is so much lil and big stuff wrong with this phone. i dunno if i will ever buy a treo ever again. its all about functionality and convenience. the functionality of the phone is very limited, and their are many inconveniences.

F\/CK treo.
    Please let us know when you find a BETTER pda with a touch screen and removable battery. We do appreciate your opinions but most of us knew we were not buying a laptop.
    Again, thank you for your opinion and I am sure some of us look forward to you reporting back with what your perfect device is.
    Wow! Thank God! I was worried I wasn't going to be able to sleep tonight if you didn't decide to come clean about your feelings about your phone.

No sympathy here. You made the decision to buy it, so only you are to blame. Perhaps you should have done some more research on it and other phones before purchasing.
    No, offense, but you seem like a really whiney person. Some of your complaints aren't even valid. It's not like you didn't know it didn't have built in wifi, or that it used a 2.5mm (not 1.5 mm) jack. And how can you complain about there being no cheap GPS programs, when that has nothing to do with the device itself? What kind of cheap GPS were you looking for? What device has cheap GPS programs? And then complaining about the screen res, once again, you should have known before you bought it. I don't know if there are any Sprint/Verizon/Bell/Altel stores near you, but you should have gone to the store and looked at the screen first.

I won't address all your complaints, but it just seems like some of your complaints are your own fault, and others may be due to a faulty device.
    Last edited by Trevante; 03/15/2007 at 12:37 PM. Reason: typos
    Despite all your complaints maybe you should sit down and read the user manual and get to learn and know the device better. For starters why dont you put your videos and pictures on an sd card instead of main memory. Sd cards are cheap these days as well as the head phone adapter I think i got mine for under 5 dollars at radio shack.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    A laptop sounds like a better solution for you it seems...
  7. GadgetGuyForeva
    To the OP, I'm looking to get a 700wx. If you don't want it, you can send it to me, I won't mind.
    I'll offer $5!
    But how do you REALLY feel about your Treo?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I like the wx
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Stop whining.... If you wanted a laptop, a video camera, a digital camera, aphone and a magical wand then you needed to keep looking. However...If you were trying to find a PDA PHONE that works well for business purposes and understood the ups and downs of this phone then you might have been better off.
    Last edited by dimitri; 03/15/2007 at 04:13 PM.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Many of those complaints are valid. But...

You cant play flash videos.
    Uh... yes you can. It's called flash player... freaky huh?
    http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer_pocketpc/

so i've lost lots of pictures and videos that i wont ever get again.
    So... you took pictures and videos you didn't like, ("taking video is horrible." "pictures are really bad...") and got mad when you didn't have them anymore?

why do phones still use the 1.5mm jack?
    If you're going to make a pointless rant on a message board that doesn't care weather you like your phone or not, then at least get what you're complaining about right.

but guess what when you use your headphones you cant talk on the phone and have them on at the same time, so you have to unplug them.
    That's funny... I do just fine. Don't get mad at your phone when you realize your headphones don't have a mic.

it didnt come with an good instant messenger program, so you have to get a 3rd party app.
    How much did that cost? (hint: it's not more than $0.00)

why did it come with the 320x240 screen instead of the 320x320 like the P.
    I agree with what you're trying to say... (I wish it did come with a average-sized screen)

internet explorer always locks up.
    Then don't use it. I've never liked Microsoft anyways... did you look for other choices?

its annoying that i need to use a program to copy and move files. it should open stuff up like windows explorer. i should be able to copy and move files as i please.
    Uh huh... why can't you?

its like for everything i paid for this phone to do it does about half.
    What exactly did you pay for that it's not doing? Yeah... it freezes. That's Microsoft's fault. Yeah, you need to reset it sometimes. But I'm looking for things that I paid for that it's not doing... not seein' it.

why do i have to go through my contact list to send a txt rather than type the name and hit over?
    Click and hold a speed-dial and hit "send text message".

Yes, this device is flawed. Yes, there are so many things that I'd change. But I'm not going for anything different. Many things you complained about (wifi, headphone jack, pix/flix messaging, ect) you had to have known before buying it... so brighten up, chuckles. Life's not over just yet.
    LongLivePalm
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    LLC23 you rock my world. Bless you for having the patience to deal with this sort of thing, Lord knows I don't.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Original Posters like this are why RTFM came into common use.
    sounds like a lot of user error to me.
  16.    #16  
    nah its not user error. ill just call today bad technology day. ive had lots of problems with windows vista over the last few days. its a lot of frustrations that built up over the things that suck about the phone. i didnt have my sync cd here at work so thats another reason i lost the pics. in the corruption.

i said my phone takes bad pictures when its dark. yes i do have pictures that are good, and i lost some today because of some weird *** file corruption, so that was really annoying. how do files get messed up from moving them from main memory to storage card? its not that i dont like the videos i took. they were all messed up because of the bad sound, or the choppyness in the video when recording to the storage card. so i tried to eliminate the bad sound and choppiness by recording straight to main memory then moving it to the storage card when done.

the stand alone flash player doesnt work if you just want to go on youtube and watch videos.

i dont want to use some crappy headphones that have a mic. i have nice headphones that i only want to listen to music with. i dont understand why i cant talk through the phone, just by holding it close to my mouth. thats weak that i have to have a mic if the headphone jack is being used.

my friend pays 50 bucks a year for updated gps prog through verizon on his chocholate phone. why doesnt sprint do that?

if you try to move files through active sync, you cant. for what ever reason the directory is copy only and thats it. you cant move, delete or rename anything unless you do it in the treo.

i dont want to set up speed dials for girls who i just met just so that i can send them a txt.

i just dont understand why things dont work, that is annoying. the video sound should be fine, but its not. pictures in the dark should be fine, but theyre not. windoze shouldnt freeze up all the time, but it does. if i can surf the net why cant i watch videos? its like i know people with razors who have less problems, and thats a crappy phone, yet they can still do stuff i cant. i understand that there are some design flaws and lack of technology put in the phone, i was aware of some of these issues when i bought the phone, but as far as the stuff that should work that doesnt, thats just plain messed up.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Vista? dude, VISTA??????? Wait for at LEAST SP1 before diving into that. Nothing wrong with XP.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  18.    #18  
    i didnt really have a choice with vista. i got a new dell and that was all that was offered with it. unless i want to drop like 100 bucks on xp. i did spend like an hour on the phone with them today they gave me money back and 100 bucks for store credit to buy xp from their website.

some other things that suck about the phone (yes more complaining because im such a whiner), is that you cant surf the net and talk on the phone at the same time. i mean it does have 3 way calling so why cant i do two things at once? i dont know why but sometimes the touch screen button doesnt work for speaker phone, other times it works fine.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    You can get Youtube videos by

1. Using ORB 2.0 (www.orb.com)

OR if you don't leave your computer on all the time

2. Buy StyleTap (www.styletap.com) and then Kinoma for PalmOS (www.kinoma.com) Then just go to youtube , select the link of the video you want (i.e. youtube.com/watch?v=[VIDEO ID]) and paste it onto kinoma and it will STREAM. No downloads.

I found that #2 works flawlessly.

On a side note adobe is working on the new version of mobile Flash that will play video. It will come out in the next couple of months.

On the headphones part I don't know what's up. I use a pair of headphones that has no mic built-in and when a call comes in I just hold the treo next to my mouth. They can hear me and I can hear them via the headphones.
  20.    #20  
    orb looks pretty cool so ill have to check it out.

its still a bummer not being able to use youtube or watch tomgreen. i kinda been watching for tcpmp to have some sort of flash plug in.

i saw kinoma a while ago, but its only for palmos and i have windoze.

i kinda wish there was more stuff that 700wx could do that the 700p can do, its disappointing. i dunno its like i wish that there was some sort of new verison of windows mobile that would take care of a lot of the lil stuff.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast