1.    #1  
    A work associate has a Treo 750 that he doesn't like and wants to sell it. He's asking $200 for the phone, cables, and a 512mb mini SD card. He's misplaced the cd. The phone has 40 minutes of use and is a little over a month old.

Good deal? How important is the cd?
    The CD isn't important, I've never even used mine.

I think you can still get a 750 from Amazon for a little less than $200 but of course that requires a new contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    A work associate has a Treo 750 that he doesn't like and wants to sell it. He's asking $200 for the phone, cables, and a 512mb mini SD card. He's misplaced the cd. The phone has 40 minutes of use and is a little over a month old.

Good deal? How important is the cd?
    Doesn't like it after only 40 minutes of use and already lost the CD?
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
  4.    #4  
    40 minutes of air time.
    Prefer's his nextel and never found a need for the smartphone.
    More than likely bought on a whim.
    Seems like a good deal, esp if you don't have to renew existing contract. The only thing that seems remotely important on the CD is Sprite Backup. You can always purchase that separately or do a search.
  6.    #6  
    There's no need to renew my contract. As far as I know, all I have to do is swap out the Sim card.

I believe Sprite Backup is available for download off Palm's support site.
    For a phone without a contract it is a good deal as long as it's in good shape. Hopefuly he had a screen protector on it!
    For a phone without a contract it is a good deal as long as it's in good shape. Hopefuly he had a screen protector on it!
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Considering i paid over $600 for mine 5 months ago, i'd say $200 free and clear and in perfect shape it's a good deal.
  10.    #10  
    Saw the phone this afternoon... it's in good shape and still has the thin screen protector Palm ships the phone with.

Gotta find an ATM now.
    thats an awesome deal with no contract renewal, jump on it man!
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I'd say to jump on it, and don't think twice. it's a hellluva deal.
  13.    #13  
    I had the opportunity to test drive the 750 before buying it and had forgotten how complex WM can be. I don't know if it's lazy or not but I like the simplicity of Palm OS. I've owned Windows Mobile and Pocket PC PDA's in the past and never really got used to the OS.

WM is well suited for some but it exceeds my needs by miles. I'm going to stick with the 680 and if need be, replace it with a new one. The stability issues are my main concern and I really get tired of soft resets, especially when I need to make a call now.

Hopefully, Palm will issue a update soon that will address the 680's quircks. I kinda felt bad but as soon as I passed on the phone, someone else at work picked it up.

Thanks for all the insight and advice.
    It took me about a week to get used to WM, after having been with Palm for 3 years, it was very frustrating at times.. it requires a bit more than a test drive if you are switching. Sorry to hear you missed out on that, it was a really good deal!!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    It took me about a week to get used to WM, after having been with Palm for 3 years, it was very frustrating at times.. it requires a bit more than a test drive if you are switching. Sorry to hear you missed out on that, it was a really good deal!!
    Eh.... not loosing sleep over it. It's been about three years for me as well since tinkering with a WM device. I realize that it takes more than a day to get used to the differences but for my needs, Palm OS fits me better now.

One things for sure, if I ever decided to switch, the 750 would be the way to go. I couldn't see the BlackJack being a viable option until it had the full version of WM.