1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

So this past weekend I traveled from SoCal to Boston and I noticed something very strange (which I haven't had happen anywhere else). Even though Boston is a Sprint EVDO area, my wx kept switching to roaming CONSTANTLY... It wouldn't go back to normal unless I soft reset. So, needless to say, I kept resetting since I couldn't seem to use any data services while roaming. And I wasn't receiving text messages properly.

I guess I don't really know what my question is, exactly, other than has anyone else had that sort of a problem? It's the first time my phone has gone into roam mode while in a Sprint coverage area (especially in that size of a market). It was frustrating to say the least, and I just don't know if Sprint was having issues there or if it's something else completely (like my phone didn't like the time change or something).

Thanks for any insight.
    I've got one even better. When I travel to Canada, I'm always roaming. BUT, my ring tones change as well as reminder sounds and alarms. As soon as I'm back in the US, everything is fine. Explain that.
    To the Boston fella, why not just set your phone to Sprint network only?
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    To the Boston fella, why not just set your phone to Sprint network only?
    yes, I was just going to say that as well.

it's not when I travel, but when i'm at my kids school it wants to roam. I have switched to sprint only and now have no problems. the only problem is if I leave a sprint network area I need to switch back and allow roaming.

hope this helps, cody
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer View Post
    I've got one even better. When I travel to Canada, I'm always roaming. BUT, my ring tones change as well as reminder sounds and alarms. As soon as I'm back in the US, everything is fine. Explain that.
    Under sounds and notifications, there's a separate ring for incoming calls while roaming. As far as other notifications, I'm at a loss for that.

With regard to using only the Sprint network, I changed my setting to "Home network only" under Phone | Roaming settings. But for some reason the setting kept reverting to "allow roaming"... I have no explanation why it wouldn't stick.