1. Nic
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    When sending a new message in comcast it always goes to my outbox. I then have to send/receive to actually send the message. This is fine but now when trying to send the message feom out box I get this message:

"Messages cannot be downloaded toyour mobile device. Make sure that you are connected and that your email account settings are correct. Then try again."

I doble checked all my settings. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    It's my understanding that you cannot send email through a Comcast account unless you are on the Comcast network, ie on your PC. Other ISP's block this as well but you can normally get through if you select SMTP server requires authentication. I don't think this will work with Comcast though. You might think about forwarding your email to someone like GMail, etc.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  3. Nic
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Although slow, comcast was working fine on Moinday. This error? message is new.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I'm able to send email from my VZW WX through my Comcast account.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  5. Nic
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Have u ever seen the error i posted in my first post? Just for poops and giggles would you let me know what you are using for your incoming/outgoing mail servers?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    Have u ever seen the error i posted in my first post? Just for poops and giggles would you let me know what you are using for your incoming/outgoing mail servers?
    No, I haven't

mail.comcast.net
    smtp.comcast.net
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    When sending a new message in comcast it always goes to my outbox. I then have to send/receive to actually send the message. This is fine but now when trying to send the message feom out box I get this message:

"Messages cannot be downloaded toyour mobile device. Make sure that you are connected and that your email account settings are correct. Then try again."

I doble checked all my settings. Any ideas? Thanks.
    See my posting #6 on Comcast at http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=comcast

I have 700WX and connect to one Exchange and two Comcast POP accounts without any issue.

Cheers,
    Tony
    SF, CA
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    The comcast fix noted above works-give it a try!