1.    #1  
    I was wondering if anyone using A2DP and TCPMP (v .71? whatever's current) has had any luck with using the track skip buttons on their wireless headsets.

I'm using TCPMP on my 700wx (Sprint) with Hannip's BT stack and a Plantronics 590 headset. Windows Media Player seems to have no problems utilizing the controls but TCPMP ignores them.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Everything you need to know about AVRCP support on the various players out there are in this article.

http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/ind...&pb=1#more1307

The answer to your specific question, TCPMP doesn't support AVRCP on WM5.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Everything you need to know about AVRCP support on the various players out there are in this article.

http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/ind...&pb=1#more1307

The answer to your specific question, TCPMP doesn't support AVRCP on WM5.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3&p=1307&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1#more1307
    The, currently, four remote controllable third-party applications (the built-in Windows Media Player (WMP) is AVRCP-compliant in both version 9 and 10) are as follows:

* The free, excellent Mortplayer (current, tested version: 3.31RC6 released slightly over a month ago). Its only downside is the lack for WMA support (the other three alternate clients support WMA.) I also recommend this thread on the AVRCP support of MortPlayer.
    * The free, also excellent TCPMP (current, tested version: 0.72RC1 released about half a year ago)
    * Pocket Player 3.0 by Conduits (current, tested version: 3.0 released two weeks ago; no build data available)
    * The fourth Pocket PC multimedia application to support AVRCP is 40iPlay (current, tested version: 10/01/2006 released two weeks ago), which should be accessible here. If you get a screen with a simple link when you visit the page like this, then, youíre out of luck: your IP address is banned off the site as is the case with many people having tried to access the page. Unfortunately, the developer doesnít seem to be wanting to remove the ban of, it seems, half of the world (I also recommend this thread on this problem). If you also encounter this problem, I recommend trying it via alternate means; for example, accessing the page via your dial-up / mobile account. Itís via my GPRS account that I access the page.
    According to that info from the web addy you provided, TCPMP /is/ remote controllable...

???
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    If you read further down you will see this quote in the WM5 section.

"Finally, the case is just the opposite with TCPMP, which only supports WM2003SE devices, AVRCP-wise. It doesn’t work on WM2003 / WM5 devices at all. "
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    If you read further down you will see this quote in the WM5 section.

"Finally, the case is just the opposite with TCPMP, which only supports WM2003SE devices, AVRCP-wise. It doesnít work on WM2003 / WM5 devices at all. "
    Ah... thanks for the clarification. I did not see that. I wonder why this is? It's rather disappointing as TCPMP is a really powerful media player.

Thanks again,
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G