1.    #1  
    Sorry to raise this carcass again.....but I was wondering.....is anyone just sitting the DST update out (those of you who can afford to)?

Interestingly, I went to MS's site to update my desktop OS with the patch before addressing my W. My 4-year old computer still runs on Service Pack 1. So I go to the instruction page for those "running on older XP systems" (meaning w/o SP2) and the instructions include directions to D/L SP2 before you can do anything else. This makes the whole issue a bit more complex with SP1 users. So much for a patch for SP1 customers? Has anyone who did the patch all the way around do so with SP1?
    I did all the updates and it still screwed up my schedule....Someone just dropped the ball....
    If you're data is messed up on Outlook, but correct on your device, you can...

1. Delete Mobile Device on ActiveSync
    2. Delete all the schedules on Outlook.
    3. Delete all the contacts on Outlook
    4. Perform an Activesync and add the device back again to Activesync.

This will copy all the contacts back to Outlook and set all the appointments again.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glennj View Post
    Sorry to raise this carcass again.....but I was wondering.....is anyone just sitting the DST update out (those of you who can afford to)?

Interestingly, I went to MS's site to update my desktop OS with the patch before addressing my W. My 4-year old computer still runs on Service Pack 1. So I go to the instruction page for those "running on older XP systems" (meaning w/o SP2) and the instructions include directions to D/L SP2 before you can do anything else. This makes the whole issue a bit more complex with SP1 users. So much for a patch for SP1 customers? Has anyone who did the patch all the way around do so with SP1?
    Is there some reason that you don't want to update to SP2? Microsoft is only supporting users running SP2 so it's just a thought.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  5.    #5  
    You're right.......

The only significant reason for me is the additional time needed to backup stuff given the propensity of SP2 installs to muff things up. This is even before I try to do all the updates, which apparently may or may not work for some people. Either way I go, it is time-intensive.

We should do a poll to see what percentage of people who did the DST patch find it working vs. those who haven't yet (if it hasn't been done yet).
    My Gmail account--on the web--is off by one hour (behind).
    I uninstalled the patch on my device after having several issues last Sunday.

I figure that if this thing is pulling time from Sprint's network, What is the point of having "intelligence" sitting on the device.

I did this and it fixed the majority of my issues.

-Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I did nothing.

My system's all are fine.

My phone changed time a couple of hours early but did change. Last night I saw it had changed BACK. I left it alone and the phone time is correct today. Sprint Network, 700wx.
    my dst worked fine. desktop and 700p
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I did nothing.

My system's all are fine.

My phone changed time a couple of hours early but did change. Last night I saw it had changed BACK. I left it alone and the phone time is correct today. Sprint Network, 700wx.
    What is up with that? I also sat out the patch and my time reverted to preDST last night.. and since I use the Treo as my wake up alarm, i woke up 1 hr late (i didn't realize until i went downstairs and saw the kitchen clock!)