1.    #1  
    I'm bailing out...my 700W is going to a "better" place. This was my first venture down the PDA/Phone road, and I stuck with it, but I have thrown in the towel. Through all the soft resets, missed calls, and updates, and finally the inability to use Active Sync, I have learned a valued lesson.......NEVER buy the first version of phone that comes on the market.

I am not bitter, it has taught me a good lesson. I have learned that it would be hard to go back to a 'normal' phone. These things make my life less cluttered.

My new phone arrives tommorrow, and it is probably viewed as "old" technology, and the reviews have probably torn it apart, but my coworkers have had ZERO problems with theirs. I remember when the 700W was reviewed as the next coming of Christ, so much for reviews.

So long all, I have learned a great deal from all the threads, I am changing brands, and hopefully changing to a better product.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    What phone are you going to?
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I guess it's too late, but you could have tried to push Verizon to swap your 700w for a 700wx. Probably not for free, but maybe they'd give you a break on it given your problems with the 700w. Everyone has different expectations, but my 700wx has been very stable. The consensus I'm getting from those who have moved from a 700w to a wx is that it's a considerable improvement.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DogTrainer View Post
    I have learned a valued lesson.......NEVER buy the first version of phone that comes on the market.

NEVER buy the first version of a phone that comes from....palm.

You're actually [relatively] safe buying smartphones from other companies. Look at the Motorola Q, or the Samsung Blackjack, or the HTC's for example.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdoc View Post
    NEVER buy the first version of a phone that comes from....palm.

You're actually [relatively] safe buying smartphones from other companies. Look at the Motorola Q, or the Samsung Blackjack, or the HTC's for example.
    Q?????????????????????? You've GOT to be joking right?
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Q?????????????????????? You've GOT to be joking right?
    Hate to say it but Jdoc is right. The smartphone platform is more phone-centric, more stable and generally easier to use.

The Q is a rock solid device and since the MOL2 update in Dec battery life is actually very good, I'd say it's up there with the default Treo battery.

The Blackjack, Dash and the Q are a very solid, profitable and sleek line of devices.

I say all of this and I actually like the 700wx and even the 6700.

(and better supported I might add: the Q came out on Sprint at the end of January. Six weeks later we already get a firmware update to fix some minor radio issues and add some functions, like dial-by-number and clear VM count. Palm could never match that support level.)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Funny, all I hear is negative's about the Q. My co-worker is on his 3rd Q in < 6 months. I guess it's hit or miss with all these phones....no matter the platform.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I had the Q for 15 days. Couldn't wait to return it. Not sure what the update did, but the phone I got the day they came out was total crap, IMO.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    To tell you the truth, I couldn't go to a dash, Q or blackjack. I have to have the touch screen. Ever since I switched to the 700wx I have been so impressed with MOST features. Yes, there are some that drive me crazy like bluetooth. But that's a whole different post.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    To tell you the truth, I couldn't go to a dash, Q or blackjack. I have to have the touch screen. Ever since I switched to the 700wx I have been so impressed with MOST features. Yes, there are some that drive me crazy like bluetooth. But that's a whole different post.
    I couldn't go to a strict smart phone either. I'm far too hooked on the touch screen. And other than the issues surrounding Voice Command and BT voice dialing, I'm even satisfied with the BT of the Sprint WX. Especially with Hannip's latest triumphs...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I used the black Q for about two months. For what it is, it was actually pretty good. A2DP and bluetooth worked flawlessly.