1.    #1  
    If its not one problem its another.....and lately the memory is horrible!!!!!......i even went and hard reset then only added a few programs i needed and that was it......my memory is never more than 5mb but mostly running around 2,5 all the time.....my phone just locks up every now and then when i receive a tex and sometimes when i recieve a call i will press the answer button and it does nothing,,,,,the phone locs and keeps ringing and vibrating.....i have to soft reset for it to stop......and to top it all off(my biggest problem) with no memory my IE locks up the treo all the time!!!!!! so wtf am i paying for a data plan for if i cant even use it!!!!!!! i have called verizon and asked for a replacement phone over and over and each time i get ("it must be the 3rd part apps causing the problem) i know more about this phone than they do for sure and it doesnt matter.....i cant even get a replacement.....and now i want a refund or something for these past months paying 49.99 for data and not even being able to use it.........so i stand here and ask one thing.....how much better is the Q?????
    Quote Originally Posted by happypappy View Post
    If its not one problem its another.....and lately the memory is horrible!!!!!......i even went and hard reset then only added a few programs i needed and that was it......my memory is never more than 5mb but mostly running around 2,5 all the time.....my phone just locks up every now and then when i receive a tex and sometimes when i recieve a call i will press the answer button and it does nothing,,,,,the phone locs and keeps ringing and vibrating.....i have to soft reset for it to stop......and to top it all off(my biggest problem) with no memory my IE locks up the treo all the time!!!!!! so wtf am i paying for a data plan for if i cant even use it!!!!!!! i have called verizon and asked for a replacement phone over and over and each time i get ("it must be the 3rd part apps causing the problem) i know more about this phone than they do for sure and it doesnt matter.....i cant even get a replacement.....and now i want a refund or something for these past months paying 49.99 for data and not even being able to use it.........so i stand here and ask one thing.....how much better is the Q?????
    Are you using a w or wx?
    With a post like that, I bet its a W
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    When you call them, Don't mention the 3rd party apps, just say you have tried a soft reset, you have even tried a hard reset, and it is still having problems, that is all they need to hear to send you a new, or referbished phone. Once that process happens twice, you will be able to swap out the treo for your phone of choice. If you have Verizon that is. If it's Sprint, I hear they have a dept set up for upset customers such as yourself. You have every reason to be upset with a nonfuctioning phone. So I would try that.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Are you using a w or wx?
    yes it is a W.......i want them to upgrade me to a WX either free of charge since i paid FULL RETAIL for it, or my plan ends in july......and if they want me to stay a customer AND not drop my 49.99 data plan, then they better give me atleast my $100 and another $150....since i was paying for data that i never used
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    What, so you have the same problem as every other W user out there, you know the cause (3rd party apps) and you want Verizon to bail you out with a new phone... What makes you so special?

Maybe if you actually listed the apps you're running, people here could give you some advice on what prog's are memory hogs, and you could sort it out yourself.

We're all frustrated with lack of memory on the W, but just b****ing about it will not get you any sympathy. Suck it up and pay the extra for a wx. If VZW gives you a new phone, where does it end? Do we all deserve upgrades if we whine enough? There are plenty of people doing just fine with the W (myself included) by being very careful what we run on it.

If you wanna race Nascar, go spend $1m on a race car, don't expect a geo metro to perform!

/flame suit on
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PSB22 View Post
    /flame suit on
    ROFL!!!!!

Treo 700WX - VZW
    I agree with PSB on this if you got it in July. Those of us who got the 700w as early adopters discovered the memory limitations and reported it widely. You should have done a little more research before getting a 700w if you were not prepared to make adjustments to live in the 700w space.

My 700w ran Slingplayer, Skype, company push email, and 50 more 3rd party apps quite nicely with unlimited SMS messages and internet access. No lockups. I couldn't run more than a couple of apps at a time, of course but I was willing to accept that since I decided to stick with the Treo formfactor and the WM OS.

I can't believe you told VZW that you had 3rd party apps! If the phone didn't act right after a hard reset, they would have replaced the phone. If it did act right after a hard reset, your 3rd party apps should be blamed and you needed to figure out which to retain and which to dump.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I don't know about you guys but any smart phone that runs on Windows Mobile OS seem to have some MAJOR glitch with it. Most of my friends told me so, but I didnt listen at first. I got the w, then the DASH... both Windows Mobile...both are bad! I don't even know what made Palm go with WM anyways... PALM OS is still doing great. I dont have anything against MS, heck, because of them I have a company... but they should just stick to what they think they can do - PC, leave the smart phone arena to PALM and Symbian. Good Luck.

YES! I admit it! I'm a Treo Ho...I will buy anything and everything that is Treo! Well, except the ones powered by Windows Mobile!
    yes it is a W.......i want them to upgrade me to a WX either free of charge since i paid FULL RETAIL for it, or my plan ends in july......and if they want me to stay a customer AND not drop my 49.99 data plan, then they better give me atleast my $100 and another $150....since i was paying for data that i never used
    If it helps, I can tell you that I just sold my W on ebay for $250. Mine was mint condition with no scratches and perfect screen.

In my mind this makes it a no-brainer to just upgrade to the wx if you can get at least a partial discount on the wx. (I know money is relative, so maybe it's not a no-brainer)

The wx is everything the W should have been. As I've said before here, I can run all of the apps I own at the same time, and IE NEVER crashes.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I sold mine for $299 with Free shipping PLUS the $100 MIR brings my total out of pocket expense to move from the W to the WX to about $119. Money well invested.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    how much better is the Q?????
    To answer your question specifically in some respects the Q is much better. Bluetooth and Voice Command work flawlessly on it, at least as far as BT headsets go. I can't speak for car kits as my Jeep doesn't have BT in it. What you most likely won't like about the Q is that it's SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW compared to even the 700w. It's also only using Windows Mobile Smart Phone edition, one step below the PPC version on the 700w/wx. Also, if you want it primarily as a phone, it won't be as "convenient" to use as the Treos.

I've become somewhat the defacto cell phone support person as my team administers our Goodlink server. I've seen 3 Qs and only one worked reliably. One would occassionaly lock up (not uncommon for any kind of advanced smart phone) and the third was a total hunk of junk.

For my money, if I wanted a WM interface I'd stick with the Treo, much more user friendly.