1.    #1  
    I like to set my backlight "off" delay to 5 mins, but my device keeps resetting it back to 1 min.

Anyone know why this is happening? Is there something I am missing? I want to make this be "sticky" and not just a temporary setting.

I do use Sbd Pocket Plus and SbdTime. Could it be some setting in one of those?
    Last edited by westronic; 03/13/2007 at 02:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    I like to set my backlight "off" delay to 5 mins, but my device keeps resetting it back to 1 min.

Anyone know why this is happening? Is there something I am missing? I want to make this be "sticky" and not just a temporary setting.

I do use Sbd Pocket Plus and SbdTime. Could it be some setting in one of those?
    I've had this many times. In all but one case a soft reset cleared the problem. In the later, I had to hard reset.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    I've had this many times. In all but one case a soft reset cleared the problem. In the later, I had to hard reset.

Well, I soft rest at least once a day for the backup, so that's not the answer.

I could hard rest and restore, I suppose, but that will not prevent recurrance, perhaps.

Maybe a Mortscirpt to check it every now and then and restore it to 5 minutes - assuming I can find the registry setting for it.
    Phonealarm overrides the system settings, do you have that installed?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Phonealarm overrides the system settings, do you have that installed?
    Nope. So it's not that one, anyway.
    Any other program you can think of that's changing it? Profiles, battery pack pro, etc? Something somewhere is overriding the system setting.
    Westronic,
    Don't know if you fixed this yet? Go to start menu/settings/system/power on the bottom is an advanced tab, pick that and set the two settings to whatever you want as long as its the same or longer than your backlight settings. What's happening is the device is turning off before your backlight settings can kick in. Default for device turnoff is 1 minute. Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by kinger2 View Post
    Westronic,
    Don't know if you fixed this yet? Go to start menu/settings/system/power on the bottom is an advanced tab, pick that and set the two settings to whatever you want as long as its the same or longer than your backlight settings. What's happening is the device is turning off before your backlight settings can kick in. Default for device turnoff is 1 minute. Hope this helps
    The issue is that sometimes you change it from 1 to whatever and it refuses to hold the setting. Also sometimes the backlight goes off after just a few seconds rather than a whole minute.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  9.    #9  
    I coudl not find the cause, so I "brute-force" fixed it. I wrote a little Mortscipt that resets the appropriate registry value. Problem solved.