1.    #1  
    Is there a way to set and cancel call forwarding without having to go to the Menu->Preferences->Phone Settings...->Services Tab?

I'm looking to divert my phone quickly when getting in to the car so that I can use the fixed phone that it has.

Thanks

Paul
    Yes... Dial a call forwarding code.

*61*Destination*11*sec#

Destination number = number to forward to.
    Sec = how long it should ring before forwarding.

You should be able to do it immediately as well = *61*Destination*11#

I have only done the first option. There are many options for forwarding from what I remember. SMS forwarding etc.
    Hmmm that's a good idea. Does anyone know what the codes are for forwarding on Vodafone UK?
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I have set 'divert to office', 'divert to home' and 'cancel divert' as speed dials on TakePhone. Luckily, SmarTone-Vodafone here in Hong Kong diverts on dialling certain numbers so that makes this method possible - you should check if you can do this.

However, a better approach for me now (though sometimes inconsistent) is using Profiles 1.01, and setting a profile for outdoors (no call divert), home (call divert to home), and office (divert to office). This does not update the call divert status symbol. I also have a speed dial to check if divert status to verify (which will update the symbol).
    Wai Leung
    Palm IIIx, Palm IIIc, Handspring Visor, GSPDA G18, T650
  5.    #5  
    Thanks guys.

I know the short code system but that is quite clunky too.

I tried to set it up as a speed dial but it just comes up with a message saying system codes must be dialled from the dial pad.

The profiles looks interesting if it is easy to switch.

the vodafone uk codes are:

to set divert: **21*number to divert to# send

to cancel: ##21# send

Paul
    Phonealarm from pocketmax.net lets you set the forwarding right from the home screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknoi View Post
    Phonealarm from pocketmax.net lets you set the forwarding right from the home screen.
    Have you done this on the Treo 750? If so, what codes have worked for you?
    Just tried the *61*Destination*11*sec# procedure. Treo sent it with a message that all is well. But, the phone is not forwarded at all. Is this code for Cingular / Treo 750??

Also, I have found that the ##21# does indeed clear a forwarding, but the **21#.... does not set one; gets an error message, which implies that it is not parcing the string correctly.
    Last edited by oldmike; 03/22/2007 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Add second paragraph
    Mike Caldwell
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmike View Post
    Also, I have found that ... the **21#.... does not set one; gets an error message, which implies that it is not parcing the string correctly.
    Try **21*[insert number to be diverted to]#. That's the code for Smartone-Vodafone Hong Kong I'm using.
    Wai Leung
    Palm IIIx, Palm IIIc, Handspring Visor, GSPDA G18, T650