1.    #1  
    I read about this on PocketPC Thoughts. It functions like the search in Firefox 2.0 (you know, where you type something and it starts to guess what you might want to search for?)...

Small footprint (166K I think?) and with an EV-DO connection, it's pretty fast. Just tried it out. Not too bad. Think I'll play with it a bit more. And it looks decent on our square screen.

Check it out: http://live.boopsie.com/home/index.html

PocketPC Thoughts article: http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/inde...n=expand,54336
    Last edited by Alienwhere; 03/13/2007 at 09:53 AM.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    looks really useful. I downloaded and immediately used it to look a couple of things on Wikipedia. The suggested words are very very nice. This might be an app I actually rely on since I love to read wikipedia.
  3.    #3  
    I've been playing with it since I put it on. I read through their site and they show you a bunch of cool ways to find stuff.

Mobile surf reports in 5 seconds!? It's a keeper for me! And that's not even the half of it! I'm amazed at all it does, and how quickly... I love new free good apps... they make my day.
    END OF LINE
    Is there a FAQ for Wikipedia? For example, there is a crappy show called "Jericho" that I watch & while most of the time I end up on IMDB, everyone on that board keeps quoting Wikipedia. I go to the main page & cant seem to find much info but they claim there are episode guides within. I cant ever find them.

That goes for just about everything else I look at on Wikipedia. Any newb advice?
  5.    #5  
    Try Jericho (disambiguation). If you're talking about the CBS show, there's tons.

But also, try BOOPSIE! That's why I started the thread...
    END OF LINE
    Looks like a nice search app.

However, it wreaks havoc with your start menu. It arrogantly assumes that it should be on your start menu. If you already have 7 items defined, it is problematic on WM5. Removing Boopsie was not as easy as unchecking it since it added itself as the 8th item and shifted existing items around. I needed to zap registry entries to clean up Boopsie's messy installation.

Not good.

on installation
    on functionality
  7.    #7  
    Saw that it pinned itself there, but I never use my start menu, so it didn't bother me. And I hit the registry any time I uninstall anything to make sure there's nothing left over, so that wouldn't surprise me either, although, if after it was uninstalled it did not leave the Treo the way it was before, that's a strike against it.

However, (jk), I like it. I'll clean up the detritus left behind later. I'm using it for now... there are too many cool ways to find things that I wouldn't have bothered with before.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post

However, it wreaks havoc with your start menu. It arrogantly assumes that it should be on your start menu. If you already have 7 items defined, it is problematic on WM5. Removing Boopsie was not as easy as unchecking it since it added itself as the 8th item and shifted existing items around. I needed to zap registry entries to clean up Boopsie's messy installation.

Not good.

on installation
    on functionality
    Good catch; this would be a deal killer for me. thanks for the Heads Up.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Good catch; this would be a deal killer for me. thanks for the Heads Up.
    Sorry about that. We use the same .cab file for Smartphone and Pocket PC. On the Smartphone, it just adds a link in the Start Menu folder. We don't adjust any other apps position, so that must be a function of the OS. We'll post a version that does not add itself to the Start menu on the PPC. Thanks for the info. Let us know if anyone has any more suggestions. Send email to support@boopsie.com

Thanks!

Greg
    Boopsie, Inc
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post

Not good.

on installation
    on functionality
    We fixed the install. You can find the latest version at http://boopsie.com/dl Thanks for pointing this out.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks, guys - it always helps when devs listen to users and actually utilize feedback.
    END OF LINE