Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I was playing with a friends 750 and I noticed that from the "Menu" Soft Key from the today screen a "Wireless Manager" option is available. Where as on the 700w we need to go to start, settings, connections, then "wireless manager."

Is there any way we can get the "wireless manager" option to work from the today screen soft key "menu?"

Thanks

Bill
    You might be interested in this
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=138152

It let's you use voice command to control the wireless manager. Example, you can activate voice command and say "Start bluetooth on" and it turns it on for you. "Start bluetooth off" turns it back off.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blile View Post
    I was playing with a friends 750 and I noticed that from the "Menu" Soft Key from the today screen a "Wireless Manager" option is available. Where as on the 700w we need to go to start, settings, connections, then "wireless manager."

Is there any way we can get the "wireless manager" option to work from the today screen soft key "menu?"

Thanks

Bill
    I don't know about doing it from a soft key but you can get to the Wireless Manager by tapping on the signal strength meter and then pressing the center of the d-pad (or whatever that thing is called).
    I have SBP running on my today screen. With that I have added an icon for the Wireless Manager. The wireless manager program is at \windows\wrlsmgr
    I'm sure there are numerous today screen add-ons that add icons of which you can add the wireless manager.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I guess what Im looking for is a simple hack that can add "wireless manager" to one of the menu's much like the way you guys made the sms left soft key hack for all of us who upgraded to threaded sms.

Hope someone can figure this one out.
    Some options:
    1) If you create a shortcut in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs to \Windows\wrlsmgr.exe you can then go to Start->Settings, select the Personal tab, click on Menu icon and check the box for wrlsmgr or whatever name you gave to the shortcut. Then it will be on your start menu.

Note that you can only have 7 things on your start menu so you might have to uncheck something else to make room.

2) If you find you don't use the SMS shortcut on the left softkey and would rather put the wireless manager there you can edit the registry to do so.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112]
    "Open"="\\Windows\\wrlsmgr.exe"
    @="Wireless Manager"

3) Create a shortcut to the Programs folder as in option 1 above and assign a hardware button to it via Start->Settings, Personal Tab, Buttons settings.

If your buttons are all already assigned and you'd rather not give up anything you could use a MortScript to make a button multifunctional.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    You can also click on your reception bars on the top of your screen, and a little window will pop up, and in that window, has a link to the wireless manager.
    I was also looking for the same solution and after hannip's recommendation of tweaking the registry, I now have where it used to say "SMS", it says "Bluetooth" on the bottom left soft key. Just click that and you can turn it on/off from there.

Thanks hannip!

~Craig