1.    #1  
    I have posted this in Windows section but thought I would also put it here - hope you don't mind

I have been using the 680 with Dtbk5, with its brilliant week-at-a-view with text. I have now got the 750 to try out - and need a better calendar programme than the one that comes along. Dtbk only does Palm.

Pocket Informant is simply too complicated and cluttered. I can hardly see the appointments. Is there anything else out there more like Dtbk 5 that runs on the Windows machine ?

Sorry to be basic - but I know if anyone knows it will be someone here.

Richard
    Well agenda is just as copmplicated. PocketBreeze is no where close to DateBk5.,,,, I think Pocket Informant is the best. So far I have been able to get Pocket Informant to do everything I loved about DateBk5.
    AgendaOne's pretty good too
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I have been using Birdsoft's Ulti-Planner for 7-8 months now on my 700w. I trialed PI and Agendus but they were too large and had way more features then I needed. I specifically found Ulti-Planner to have the week view with text which was a mandatory requirement for me. As a bonus, it has a smaller memory footprint and is cheaper than PI. I believe I trialed it and then purchased it through www.pocketgear.com. Hope this helps.

Russ
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    You should give Pocket Informant, AgendaOne, or Agenda Fusion more of a trial to find out if they might work for you. Try not to make the "I did it this way with Datebook 5 but now I have to do it a different way with this program" comparison. Pocket Informant is my favorite since it is very well done and really looks good. The main thing it is missing is a great week view. I didn't really like the other two but others really seem to like Agenda One and AF so maybe you can give them a shot but my recommendation is Pocket Informant.
    Definitely Agenda One.

It can be customised to look pretty much like Datebk and offers true one hand navigation from the d-pad.

It does take a little bit of working out what all the options are but otherwise I find it to be even better than Datebk.
    I would keep working at Pocket Informant. I agree that with you that it appears a bit overwhelming at first but if you put a little bit of time into using it it's amazing how good it is. You really can customize things to display in a way that is so much better than the built in PIM.

There is also just a "Pocket Calendar" app that deals just with the calendar function you might find that less complicated
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Anyone using Agendus?

I haven't found AgendaOne that good.
    Haven't used PI.

I don't believe there is anything that runs the way Dk5 worked on the POS.
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheusmd View Post
    Anyone using Agendus?

I haven't found AgendaOne that good.
    Haven't used PI.

I don't believe there is anything that runs the way Dk5 worked on the POS.
    I'm interested to know what problems you have had with this?

I had been used to datebook and found all of the WM calendars terrible until I came across AgendaOne.

It works really well for one handed input and can be customised to do pretty much anything.

I use the day, week, month and task views and find it great.
    I definitely agree. I have used them all and find most to be cumbersome and overbloated for general use. Agenda One is the hands down winner for me - totally customizable and truly one handed use.
    Treo 270, 600, 650, 700p, 750v
    Could someone help me out and tell me which of these programs if any, allows you to send appointments via email? The default program on my 75o only allows me to send new appointments. Thanks.
    Palm m100 => Palm 515 => BB 7290 => BB 7100g => Treo 650 => BB 8700c => Nokia E62 (for 10 days) => Treo 750 => :Treo 750 with WM6:AT&T Tilt (for 20 days)=>BJII=>Treo 750 WM6=>Treo Pro WM 6.1(for sale)=>Treo 750 WM6 'til a GSM Pre comes up!
    I too am struggling with an Agendus Palm version equivalent for the Treo 750.

I live in Palm Agendus 11.0 and love its useability.

I don't think there is anything that will come close to it in terms of ease and features. Maybe the Agendus for Windows v1.03 ? (just released) - not sure.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    Well agenda is just as copmplicated. PocketBreeze is no where close to DateBk5.,,,, I think Pocket Informant is the best. So far I have been able to get Pocket Informant to do everything I loved about DateBk5.
    Hi. With PI have you been able to:
    1) Float an appointment/event?
    2) Simply begin typing to start an appointment/event?
    3) Show tasks in agenda/day/week/month views?
    3) Show mini icons in month view for appointments?

I've looked Menu/Tools & Settings/Settings under each Item but been unable to find any of the above.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    well a great today calender program that i use is calendar plus...
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    AgendaOne's pretty good too
    I agree, awesome program. For those of you who understand Spanish we have recorded a video review of AgendaOne on the Treo 750 here.